Johnny Bravo coming to DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really hoping Cow and Chicken is next. I know it isn't exactly a major favorite by any stretch... but the show was so stupid it was brilliant. Especially the I. M. Weasel cartoons.

Even if these don't have bonuses on them (WB has been stingy lately) I'll still try to pick them up eventually.

it's a cinch we'll never see Sheep, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm really hoping Cow and Chicken is next. I know it isn't exactly a major favorite by any stretch...
Sadly, it's because a lot of kids didn't get the jokes. Nowadays though, kids probably would've gotten it since their little minds are warped at such a young age now. The show was MUCH more popular in Europe anyway... THEY actually had merchandise, and what did we get? A line of Taco Bell toys and a line of Hardees' toys.
but the show was so stupid it was brilliant.
I disagree, I don't think it was stupid at all, I found it to be really clever on a Rocko level.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sadly, it's because a lot of kids didn't get the jokes. Nowadays though, kids probably would've gotten it since their little minds are warped at such a young age now. The show was MUCH more popular in Europe anyway... THEY actually had merchandise, and what did we get? A line of Taco Bell toys and a line of Hardees' toys.
And I saw a Chicken Plush in a Crane Machine once. One of the only two plush I would have smashed the machine open to get (the other being Megaman). Luckily I did manage to get the Taco Bell Supercow. There was SUPPOSED to be a line of Trendmasters figures of all the CN shows at the time, but nothing came out of it.

I disagree, I don't think it was stupid at all, I found it to be really clever on a Rocko level.
I see what you're talking about. It was such an insane show, though. Not everyone can pull insanity on that level off. It's very tricky to master clever disguised as the opposite. That's why later Ren and Stimpy's (after john K was fired) felt hollow and weird in a disturbing way. My Gym Partner is a Monkey failed totally at it. The only CN show I've seen that I outright hate.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something odd just now struck my mind...

I remember an episode of JB, in which he's recruited into becoming the new lawman in a little Mexican town... at one point, he's taken into town on a mule, and during that sequence, we hear a harmonica and guitar version of the score of Peter and the Wolf, which is a Russian symphony.

Not sure who's idea it was to do that, or why anybody thought Peter and the Wolf would work well for a sequey from Aron City (actually, they never did refer to town as "Aron City" in those Gary Hartle years, in fact, when Van Partible returned for the Christmas special, the promos said, "Johnny Bravo returns to Aron City") to Mexico... so... *shrug*