Just wondering if anyone else here enjoys Pokemon?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
1. Meowth - I actually have a level 87 Meowth on my Diamond game. It is fantastic for its pickup ability!
2. No. I've never caught any shiny Pokemon

I've been into Pokemon since 1998.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man for the past couple of days I've been on the hunt for shiny Pokemon, but so far no luck.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Man for the past couple of days I've been on the hunt for shiny Pokemon, but so far no luck.
There is a very detailed way of getting them every time by chaining (aka fighting the same pokemon over and over) 20+ pokemon with the pokemon radar in D/P but I have never learned how yet:stick_out_tongue:...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
1. Charizard, Rayquaza, Salamance, Aggron, Ivysaur, Blaziken, Feraligatr
2. Yes, a Feraligatr by accident. I was jut trying to get a normal one with my action replay, but instead it showed up shiny. I was so happy :big_grin: and to make sure it wasnt my action replay, I went through and battle more and every feraligatr showed up normal

JJandJanice

Reaction score
There is a very detailed way of getting them every time by chaining (aka fighting the same pokemon over and over) 20+ pokemon with the pokemon radar in D/P but I have never learned how yet:stick_out_tongue:...
Yeah I've been doing that, the one I've been chaining the most is Psyduck, which is cool, cause I would love a shiny Psyduck and I've also been trying to chain Tyrouge, I love that pokemon as well, I would love to evolve it to a shiny Hitmontop, cause I do love me some Hitmontop.

But I got a bit off track, chaining a pokemon is, basically, to use your Pokerader, go to which ever pacth is shaking, than when you're doing figthing him or cacthing him or her, more patchs will shake. Usually it's best to go to the one farthest away, it could take a pretty long time and the chances are still pretty small.

Oh and nice find by the way, Sgt. Floyd.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah I've been doing that, the one I've been chaining the most is Psyduck, which is cool, cause I would love a shiny Psyduck and I've also been trying to chain Tyrouge, I love that pokemon as well, I would love to evolve it to a shiny Hitmontop, cause I do love me some Hitmontop.

But I got a bit off track, chaining a pokemon is, basically, to use your Pokerader, go to which ever pacth is shaking, than when you're doing figthing him or cacthing him or her, more patchs will shake. Usually it's best to go to the one farthest away, it could take a pretty long time and the chances are still pretty small.

Oh and nice find by the way, Sgt. Floyd.
Oooo..well, the guides I've seen always make it seem like a math problem..and I'm awful at those..anyhow I will try doing that when I get my copy of Diamond on the mail (I lost my pearl, I am still so sad :frown: )

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I used to play. After the 3rd gen, I realized it would always be the same ol' yarn, so I quit. The anime really spoiled me. I hated that I couldn't do half the stuff you could do in the show or the movies. I still watch the show, and while adding girls who do stuff (sorry, Misty) was fun ... I only really still watch for Team Rocket (hence my more usual username, ImJessieTR). I'm one of the dwindling Rocketshippers who still hope against hope (and I used to be a Pokeshipper too -- Ash should have gone with Misty, period, the end).

My fav pokemon are Mewtwo (though Lucario also has that angsty backstory thing I love), Ash's Pikachu (when it isn't losing to some idiot, unless on purpose), Ash's Charizard (I LOVE animals that despise human arrogance IRL), and Brock's Croagunk (poor emotionless thing has more personality than most of his earlier ones who HAD facial expressions).

Gamewise, I loved my Houndour/Houndoom Darkflame, my scizor (who I won't name because it would just be asterisked out), and my Red Gyrados from Silver (who beat the champion of the E4 with 1 HP left ... whew!). Forgot what I named it though.

I like that they've started to branch out. I liked Snap. Never played Ranger anything or Mystery Dungeon, but I appreciated the creativity. I just wish there were an MMORPG, where you could do all that and not have to choose between "gym boy" or "minigame heck".

Redsonga

Reaction score
You see I love that it is the same old thing because I get to fill in the details with my imagination. In my head I am never limited to just what is going on in the surface of the game, most of all with things like the Nurse Joys and the one line characters that you beat while out in the middle of the ocean :smile:. One tiny line can send me on a epic quest of ideas really...I just have not written more on my pokemon fics lately because there seems to be a push to write everything just so and in a tone that is not really me writing, just to impress people :stick_out_tongue:.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I've played since Red/Blue/Yellow, I've also played Gold/Silver, then Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Diamond/Pearl. Great stuff.

Of course, I remember how awfully frustrated I was when I played through the Seafoam Islands for the first time to get to Articuno.

My favorites are Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Ampharos (from G/S).

BJ

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
You see I love that it is the same old thing because I get to fill in the details with my imagination. In my head I am never limited to just what is going on in the surface of the game, most of all with things like the Nurse Joys and the one line characters that you beat while out in the middle of the ocean :smile:. One tiny line can send me on a epic quest of ideas really...I just have not written more on my pokemon fics lately because there seems to be a push to write everything just so and in a tone that is not really me writing, just to impress people :stick_out_tongue:.
No, I like that too. I just hate feeling that fanfics are the ONLY way to get some depth out of the property.