Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

Should Katy Perry's song been cut from Sesame Street?

• Yes

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 109 79.0%

• Total voters

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Dutch Sesame Street had adults bathing nude with kids from what Warrick and other Sesame fans have told ,e. So thankfully we've come a long way from that
How funny that you mentioned that. I actually found one of said videos and added it to TV Tropes on the "Others" section of the "Values Dissonance" page.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ValuesDissonance/Others
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0hK6AXwJaQ

I don't really find this any more "sick" than giving them a hug. Neither do I find Katy Perry's sketch any more "sick" than if she dressed conservatively.

beau

Reaction score
I'm glad they pulled it. My disappointment with SW is for even spending valuable cash on that fraud of a "singer" to begin with.

I disapprove of the cleavage as well (and I'm hardly a religious conservative - quite the opposite, actually), but that has nothing to do with it for me. I simply don't like Katy Perry as a person. I have my reasons.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they pulled it. My disappointment with SW is for even spending valuable cash on that fraud of a "singer" to begin with.

I disapprove of the cleavage as well (and I'm hardly a religious conservative - quite the opposite, actually), but that has nothing to do with it for me. I simply don't like Katy Perry as a person. I have my reasons.
I think I know why. She's a mixed bag and I just can't help but enjoy her and her husband too. What a fantastic couple and both seem well suited for Muppet work. Well, maybe more the Muppet Show characters than Sesame Street.

Also, Katy Perry is the voice of Smurfette in next year's feature film. Not sure how I feel about that whole project, but it's bound to have a fun Perry song on the soundtrack.

SJohnson

Reaction score
Katy's new puppet pals

From Elmo to Homer.

Check it out, Katy Perry is guest staring on the Simpsons - and the Simpsons are puppets!

The puppet segment was produced by The Chiodo Bros, and directed by Stephen Chiodo.

Swazzle made all the puppets, and cast the puppeteers.

Puppeteers: Sean Johnson, Patrick Johnson, Artie Esposito, Russ Walko, Brett O'Quinn.

You'll have to wait until December to see the whole segment, but in the mean time enjoy this first sneak peak.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/25/katy-perry-the-simpsons-exclusive/

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

S :excited:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
From Elmo to Homer.

Check it out, Katy Perry is guest staring on the Simpsons - and the Simpsons are puppets!

The puppet segment was produced by The Chiodo Bros, and directed by Stephen Chiodo.

Swazzle made all the puppets, and cast the puppeteers.

Puppeteers: Sean Johnson, Patrick Johnson, Artie Esposito, Russ Walko, Brett O'Quinn.

You'll have to wait until December to see the whole segment, but in the mean time enjoy this first sneak peak.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/25/katy-perry-the-simpsons-exclusive/

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

S :excited:

Why do I get the bad feeling that this is truly turning into an ugly fight that no one wants ? :frown:

Also, how original of the Simpsons to be doing this idea. :wisdom:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Sorry for Double posting, but it feels like saying something when you know something like this goes too far...when the Cast of Jersey Shore do a mock version of Sesame Street on the Jimmy Kimmel show.:eek:

I can't show it to you all since it too much for some people, but they had an article on it. I guess it goes to show when stuff like this can go TOO FAR!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, Katy Perry is the voice of Smurfette in next year's feature film. Not sure how I feel about that whole project, but it's bound to have a fun Perry song on the soundtrack.
Off topic... but you know who would have been perfect for Smurfette's voice? Leslie Cararra. I know there's no star power there, but it really seems her Abby voice and Lucile Bliss's Smurfette voice have that same raspy, pixyish lilt to it.

That said, if we EVER get a new Muppet show, I wanna see her as one of the guests. And parody this whole idiotic flap with having Sam follow her all over the place and censor everything she does.

Ohhh... man, if we're going the "I don't like the guest and glad it's banned" route, I'd say pull half the Word on the street people who acted like preschool show= baby show. And Elizabeth from the View. Not politically, mind you. The association with Survivor bugs me. Heck, fact that she's only popular because she's been on that show irks me. Man, I could list all the people I had problems with over the years, but I can barely remember anyone objectionable.

That said, I like her fine... her stuff's a step up from the pop slop we usually get, but I think Gaga's the master of the medium. I'd LOVE Gaga to be on SS... too bad this flap's gonna make them think twice about it. She needs to be on the show wearing a coat of Elmo dolls. Or leftover monster Muppet fur.

Oh. Thought of one. Feist. Really... that's what we call music? It sounds like stuff that plays in an elevator at a morgue. Guitars are MEANT to be electric. God Made Rock and Roll for You! None of this fake 70's style singer/songwriter stuff that's so independent that it's already been in 5 car commercials. These guys aren't fit to spit shine Paul Simon's shoes.

Heck, why don't they get Paul Simon again?

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's a full body Disney walkabout she's wearing compared to the stuff you'd see on a typical day anywhere.
And why do you think THAT is! Because kids see people wearing things like that on tv! You keep saying that it's nothing that you wouldn't see while walking down the street, well, I ask you, does it encourage or discourage that kind of behaviour when it turns up on Sesame Street?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I started wondering if they'd make any jokes regarding the incident on last night's Saturday Night Live, and then I heard that Katy Perry was the music guest... This irony is a bit too good to be true (not to mention the fact that this controversy happened a week before the season premiere of Sesame Street). I didn't watch SNL last night (I prefer 1975-1980 and 1988-1994 SNL), but I'll have to find some Hulu clips.