1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kermit on Hollywood Squares: January 20-24

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Sorry, Scooter. I've never really had foreign girls flirt with me so I wouldn't know.

I might not be in tonight to see the show, so I'll have to get my VCR set up to see what Kermit says about Miss Piggy's restraining order. If you've seen it in the morning, please don't give away too much, or I won't be surprised when I see it. :D
  2. AbbessBryony

AbbessBryony New Member

I can't believe I'm missing it!!!!!! That's I what I get for not coming here regularly. :(
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

More Plugs

Kermit plugged his bust today! He did a funny little puppet show thing with it. I wonder what he'll plug tomorrow. Maybe the Fossil watches. That's my best guess.
  4. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Boober_Gorg celebrates his 200th post

I have all that have aired so far, except Monday's.

BTW, Coolio's appearing next week ... remember him on Muppets Tonight? (I don't know about the rest of you, but I still like what he does.)
  5. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

aww that thing with kermits puppet show was soo cute. *blush* that kermie is such a cutie

by the way...other than busts and figures, what were the other "plugs"
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: The figure returns for another plug!

Well you make some valid points. I know you get picked on in here, but unlike past 'Statler and Waldorf' types, I think you are making these arguments for a reason.

You wanna know something? Maybe its the bad economy, maybe its buyer complacency, maybes its JHC's lack of promotion, maybe its high price points...but maybe if all the hardcore and casual Muppet fans were actually buying the figures the series wouldnt be so uncertain.

Lots of talk from the collectors, not enough money where their mouths are. It didnt help all the big guns like TRU, Hot Topic, Spencers, and from what Im hearing possibly FAO dropped out...
    but man...this line definately needs help...especially with Series 3 coming out. *ack*
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the puppet show thing was cool. I still didn't catch the part where he said something about Miss Piggy's restraining order. Maybe, they edited out that part in my area or something. It was funny when Brad Garrett was talking about sleeping with pigs though.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

RockSTAR girl

Kermit's product promotion on Hollywood Squares

Monday- Best of the Muppet Show CD
    Tuesday- Action figures
    Wednesday- Kermit's Swamp Years DVD (Action figure made 2 appearences, but was not discussed)
    Thursday- Kermit bust
    Friday- anyone's guess. He could go for Fossil watches or the NBC Christmas Special on video. Or, he could not plug anything at all.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Cory

Yeah, those points are somewhat valid, but go too far. I don't know what's up with toad, but it's like he's been personally wronged by Henson or just his "morbid curiousity" as he put it in another thread. The remarks are more cruel than constructive so I usually ignore them, but I agree that there is something behind this recent promotion - I just don't think it's anything to complain about.
  10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

maybe the bobble head's...but those were not that big, i wouldn't think so,..how about the muppet show dvd's?

well anyways, i wasn't able to watch any of these, they changed the time of the show in my area, it was on at 7:30 PM but now it's on at 12:00 Noon, so i can't watch the show because i'm at school then.

Zack,
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooh, you're probably right. Zack.
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well, my local CBS station couldn't get their act together in time to run the first 7 minutes of Hollywood Squares and will not be rerunning it. So does anyone know if he plugged anything new today. I did see the CD in his square again. Very curious.
  13. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

ACKKKKK!!! i missed that stupid show! Ok yeah did Kermit plug anything new tonight?? any funny stuff happen i should know about???
  14. MahnaMahna

MahnaMahna New Member

He just plugged the CD again.

Mark
  15. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

a whole week of muppet-y goodness and I missed it.......next time i will make my parents record it!

Sarah
  16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

That's what I did on the nights I couldn't see it!:D