Kermit on Hollywood Squares: January 20-24

Super Scooter

Reaction score
No Sesame Street or pigs yet. But, he did get questions about frogs and French people. Hehe! That was my favorite! They asked Kermit to finish a famous quote the French said (don't remember the quote!!!), and Kermit's response to finish it was, "We surrender!!!!!!!" That was great!

Seeing the action figure up there oughta be some good advertising.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I liked that French reference, because it reminded me of when he said the same thing in the Denny's commercial. Though, I don't quite get the joke. Do they really serve frog legs in France or something like that?

By the way, Emmy I liked your idea about why most Muppets are on top, but I don't know. He's behind a desk anyway, so I don't think you'd see the pupateer either way, depending on which way the camera is set up. I have noticed Big Bird always sits in the bottom when he's on a show. Mainly because it's Carroll Spinney in a costume, rather than a puppet. Just my views on the subject.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
By the way, Emmy I liked your idea about why most Muppets are on top, but I don't know. He's behind a desk anyway, so I don't think you'd see the pupateer either way, depending on which way the camera is set up. I have noticed Big Bird always sits in the bottom when he's on a show. Mainly because it's Carroll Spinney in a costume, rather than a puppet. Just my views on the subject.
I'm not sure if they have changed the set or anything (like I said, I don't get Hollywood Squares in my area any more), but at the commercial breaks, when the camera pans down (along the side), you can see the sides and legs of the other contestants. However, with the angles and so on, you can't really see anything in the top right square.

Although this is all relying on my memory (I'm not about to dig through my tape collection just to find Hollywood Squares. The nightmares will go on for days!), and sometimes that's not a good thing...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
missed it again...can someone tell me some highlights?

i had to ride the bus home, and that made me miss it.......if only i could drive.....legally!

Sarah

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think Kermit got the most airtime in today's episode. He was sort of flirting with Charo, the Hispanic lady. Also, he was asked what 5,280 feet is the length of and he made some jokes there: He said "That's the length of my tongue. Just ask Charo" and "That's as close as Piggy is going to get to John Ritter." Of course everyone knows the real answer to that is a mile. They ask such easy questions sometimes. Also, he was shown in the tag at the end speaking Spanish with Charo. I don't think there was anything that exciting in Monday's or Tuesday's shows, so that's the most I can tell you for now.

By the way, when the show signed off I heard a laugh that sounded just like Miss Piggy. So I'm wondering how can this be possible if she wasn't on the show. Also, that's when Kermit was flirting with Charo. If Piggy saw that, laughing would be the last thing she'd do. Did anybody else notice this or am I just hearing things?

murgatoad

Reaction score
I didn't see today's show, but my grandmother did.

Kermit made an unfunny comment about Piggy.

At one point you could see the puppeteer behind the chair.

At the end Kermit was snuggling up to Charo...which seems fitting, given their mutual celebrity status... :rolleyes:

BTW, "Hollywood Squares" is history after this year. Paramount's "The Insider" is replacing it.

Oh, and Kermit was hyping "Swamp Years", yet no real relevant questions about it were asked, such as: "Just how many bad reviews DID it get, Kermit?" :wink: :big_grin:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
darn i missed the eps on the 20th and 21st ok...goal of the day: watch hollywood squares!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Also, he was shown in the tag at the end speaking Spanish with Charo.
Actually she was speaking Spanish, and Kermit didn't have a clue what she was saying or even what language she was speaking. I was thinking to myself, "Kermit, what the heck happened to all those Spanish lessons from Sesame Street?"

I thought Kermit's bluffs for the mile question were funny, especially the one about Piggy and John Ritter (and I'm pretty sure there was a restraining order mentioned in there, too).

-Kim

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The figure returns for another plug!

Kermit plugged Swamp Years today! He has plugged something every day on the show I wonder if the busts will be next. This makes me wonder if his appearance is an attempt to make licensors happy. A great move for Henson Co! My magnetic hat is off to him.

On another note, the Kermit figure appeared atop a real studio camera when they came back from a commercial break! He got a close up! Obviously the crew is getting a kick out of the figure. Just made me smile! :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He hasn't plugged the busts yet, but you can see it sitting on the desk at the end of the episode. They're smaller than Charo's head. I thought Kermit was great today, but he's deffenitly not as bright as he used to be.

Yes, Kermit did mention a restraining order for Miss Piggy. Kermit is getting back to his old self. He's been in mourning all these years, and now he cna finally crack a joke!

You could see Steve Whtimiere? Where? I was hoping they'd show him in one of the behind the scenes segments soon. That's be awesome!