Kermit's coffee mug

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'm just curious about something...as you know, Kermit comes with a coffee mug with his name on it. Now I have heard that this appears in the Muppet show, although I have only the first two "best of tapes" and have so far only seen a rather fanciful tea cup.

ANYhow..that's not the question. My Kermit's coffee mug has a slight chip in the rim, such as you might get in a real coffee cup that's seen better days. It came like that in the package, and I'm wondering if it is A: a slight defect, or B: A well thought out added detail to imply the age of the cup.

so, does your kermit coffee mug ave a simliar chip on the rim, or is it just mine???

(hehe, and if Ken sees this, I'm expecitng a "umm..of course...we MEANT for it to be like that :big_grin:)

Joe

Reaction score
You have the very rare 'chipped cup' varient! :stick_out_tongue:

Mine doesn't have any sort of chip other then the seam in the plastic, which looks like just that, a seam in the plastic. :smile:

Joe

towels

Reaction score
You aren't the only one in the universe to have this unique feature! Apparently it's kind of like those games where the pieces come on a plastic "tree" and they have to be broken off the branch. Usually they come off right, but sometimes the "tree" holds on a little tighter.
Given the usual chaos taking place in the Muppet theatre, it could be argued that it's far more likely for Kermit's mug to be chipped rather than in pristine condition.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
okay so they're not all like that...

well, I actually kind of like it...it adds character to the Kermit mug, and like Joe says, "given the chaos..."

beaker

Reaction score
>>>ANYhow..that's not the question. My Kermit's coffee mug has a slight chip in the rim, such as you might get in a real coffee cup that's seen better days. It came like that in the package, and I'm wondering if it is A: a slight defect, or B: A well thought out added detail to imply the age of the cup<<<

C: too much time on your hands! :smile:~ I kid of course. Though with all thats going on in the world, it is kind of funny to read about someone mentioning about a chipped micro sized accessory to an action figure. :wink:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
it keeps me level :stick_out_tongue:

but yes, sometimes I think you're right...C probably IS the correct answer :big_grin:

oh well, what can I say, I'm a stickler for little details..that's why I love this toyline!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>but yes, sometimes I think you're right...C probably IS the correct answer

oh well, what can I say, I'm a stickler for little details..that's why I love this toyline!<<<

One thing you point out...is that Im not sure if anyone a year ago knew just *how much* detail Palisades would put not just into the figures but even the accessories! And expect it to get more astonishing(ie: like the swedish chef playset)

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I havent seen many episodes from the early seasons of the show, but I took "The Muppet Show Book" out of my college library on monday and several illustrations show Kermit's name written on his coffee cup.