1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kermit's coffee mug

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Stryder Wolfe, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I'm just curious about something...as you know, Kermit comes with a coffee mug with his name on it. Now I have heard that this appears in the Muppet show, although I have only the first two "best of tapes" and have so far only seen a rather fanciful tea cup.

ANYhow..that's not the question. My Kermit's coffee mug has a slight chip in the rim, such as you might get in a real coffee cup that's seen better days. It came like that in the package, and I'm wondering if it is A: a slight defect, or B: A well thought out added detail to imply the age of the cup.

so, does your kermit coffee mug ave a simliar chip on the rim, or is it just mine???

(hehe, and if Ken sees this, I'm expecitng a "umm..of course...we MEANT for it to be like that :D)
  2. Joe

Joe New Member

You have the very rare 'chipped cup' varient! :p

Mine doesn't have any sort of chip other then the seam in the plastic, which looks like just that, a seam in the plastic. :)

Joe
  3. towels

towels New Member

You aren't the only one in the universe to have this unique feature! Apparently it's kind of like those games where the pieces come on a plastic "tree" and they have to be broken off the branch. Usually they come off right, but sometimes the "tree" holds on a little tighter.
    Given the usual chaos taking place in the Muppet theatre, it could be argued that it's far more likely for Kermit's mug to be chipped rather than in pristine condition.
  4. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

okay so they're not all like that...

well, I actually kind of like it...it adds character to the Kermit mug, and like Joe says, "given the chaos..."
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>ANYhow..that's not the question. My Kermit's coffee mug has a slight chip in the rim, such as you might get in a real coffee cup that's seen better days. It came like that in the package, and I'm wondering if it is A: a slight defect, or B: A well thought out added detail to imply the age of the cup<<<

C: too much time on your hands! :)~ I kid of course. Though with all thats going on in the world, it is kind of funny to read about someone mentioning about a chipped micro sized accessory to an action figure. ;)
  6. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

it keeps me level :p

but yes, sometimes I think you're right...C probably IS the correct answer :D

oh well, what can I say, I'm a stickler for little details..that's why I love this toyline!
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>but yes, sometimes I think you're right...C probably IS the correct answer

oh well, what can I say, I'm a stickler for little details..that's why I love this toyline!<<<

One thing you point out...is that Im not sure if anyone a year ago knew just *how much* detail Palisades would put not just into the figures but even the accessories! And expect it to get more astonishing(ie: like the swedish chef playset)
  8. Walker Boh

Walker Boh New Member

A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men. :)
  9. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

I havent seen many episodes from the early seasons of the show, but I took "The Muppet Show Book" out of my college library on monday and several illustrations show Kermit's name written on his coffee cup.
  10. Michael Crawford

Michael Crawford New Member

Yep

Some of them are like that. Back when I reviewed them, I mentioned that mine had it, and you can actuallly just barely see it in the last picture of Kermit, above the 'I' in his name.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_061302.htm

Michael
    MWC
  11. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

Moichael, yes, that's exactly it that mine has...see how it looks like it could be meant to be there???

cool sight, BTW...

and as far as the details put into figures/accesories goes, I hear ya...that's what got me buying these things...when I first head that they were coming out, I though *** was interesting and I might have to buy one or something, but once I saw the work that went into them, now I want them all :)

ahh, and a new bookcase, too :D
  12. CheckChuck

CheckChuck New Member

that coffee cup

have you put the coffee cup in kermit's hand and tried lifting it towards his mouth?

that's quite a large scale coffee mug!
  13. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

it's scale to kermit though...he's not quite as big as even the other muppets!
  14. Walker Boh

Walker Boh New Member

Sadly, most frogs have to settle with coffee mugs designed for humans.
  15. CheckChuck

CheckChuck New Member

kermit accessories

yeah, kermit's smaller, but even so, both of his accessories are too big for him...

still good for use/play with the other toys, etc. and i'm not upset...it's just strange to me...
  16. towels

towels New Member

You haven't heard the old "coffee will stunt your growth" warning?
    Just wait until you see what Palisades does to make "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" come alive!

:D
  17. Walker Boh

Walker Boh New Member

I doubt the "you'll poke your eye out" playset will make it past safety testing.
  18. towels

towels New Member

It would in Europe, as long as they had a sticker!
    :D
  19. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

okay, I was watching the muppet show episode with Fozzie being more assertive yesterday (raquel welch again..for somereason I like that episode :D) and I was looking at the "Kermit cup" on the show, when Kermit is telling fozzie to go to his dressing room, and although it doesn't look the same as the coffee cup that came with the figure, that cup DID have a littl chip in the rim, above the "I"! So maybe this is an authentic detail!
  20. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

And do we all spend so much time observing these little details that we fail to notice that the garbage needs to be taken out, or that the house is burning down?

Hee hee... just letting Palisades prove the "can't see the forest for the trees" one!

Hmmm, get all the figures to hold up the kitchen playset just to prove that many hands make light work... then put them all in the kitchen to prove that too many cooks spoil the broth. Gee I love it when proverbs contradict themselves! :)

We'll leave the "don't count your chickens" up to Gonzo, though... how much wisdom can you expect to come out of ONE kitchen?

NOTE TO SELF: Don't let your girlfriend anywhere near your Kermit figure. You'd be mortified if they also proved the whole theory about what happens when she kisses a frog. Whether she gets warts or he turns into a prince, I'll be the loser

This thread becomes less and less about Kermit's coffee cup with every message posted

Cherry "People who live in glass houses shouldn't burn their bridges where wise men fear to tread" Pizza