Kimmel Editorial: A Note from Steve Whitmire

SammieRose

Reaction score
JamieDenny said:
Jedix,
It's a long long story. There are people who love Steve here, but aint keen on the locks, there are others who think Steve's hair suits him just fine *like me*
It was a jest at the obsessiveness and true devotion of many of us towards the Muppeteers

Jamie
I'm with you, Jamie..... I love the hair! When was this "debate"? I must have been MIA for it?

SSS!
Sammie

jediX

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Have you ever seen the blues brothers ?
If yes then you must have heard it
Original or 2000? I havn't seen either in years.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
Another funny thing...the only Muppeteer I've ever heard the normal voice of is Jim. lol... anyone know of a time when Frank Oz talked normally?
Have you seen "Trading Places," the Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy classic? Frank Oz plays a police officer in that film. Also, if you watch Star Wars (Episodes One or Two) on dvd, you can see and hear Frank in some of the bonus features--the documentary on the creation of the digital Yoda in Episode Two, for example.

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Great write-up, Nik, and it's so cool that you got a personal response like that! :smile:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Have you seen "Trading Places," the Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy classic? Frank Oz plays a police officer in that film. Also, if you watch Star Wars (Episodes One or Two) on dvd, you can see and hear Frank in some of the bonus features--the documentary on the creation of the digital Yoda in Episode Two, for example.
Oou! Just realized tha Frank does voice commentary in the Bowfinger DVD (which if you've never seen, go get).

:: pops DVD in to listen ::

jediX

Reaction score
This is strange. I've been listening to this commentary for a bit now and I SWEAR I've heard Frank somewhere else before. Don't you hate it when you can't pinpoint a voice? Gaaah...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Wow. That's awesome. The Muppeteers are always so friendly and approachable. How thoughtful of him to send that. You rock, Steve!

Nik: Yeah, that is a great building, isn't it? I frequently have to drive past there while driving en route to someplace else. I'm always craning my head as I drive by, hoping to see someone I recognize! So far, a no go, though.

Re Frank's voice: There are many Henson documentaries where you can hear Frank's real voice. If you haven't seen "Of Muppets and Men" (BBC, '81), "Henson's Place" (PBS, '84), or "American Masters: The Worlds of Jim Henson" (PBS, '94), hurry over to the Wanted section of this forum and get yourself a copy from someone. :smirk: (I'd offer to do it myself, but I don't have 2 VCRs at the moment.) There's also "An Evening with Jim Henson and Frank Oz" ('89), which is available on video from the Puppetry Guild, I think. Someone else will need to fill in the details of that one. (I haven't seen that one yet, but I definitely need to!)

I think Frank might also have been involved in the "Biography" episode about Sesame Street, which should be available on A&E's website. My memory's kind of foggy, though; can anyone confirm this?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Sarah,

Sweeps lasts for an entire month. Sweeps months are always in November, February, and May. (I think they also do it in July, but that's outside of the regular TV "season," which runs from September through May.) For some odd reason, sweeps months always start on a Thursday (don't ask me why), so this year, Nov. sweeps should last from Oct. 30 to Nov. 26 (the day before Thanksgiving).

Hope that helps.

jediX

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
Sarah,

Sweeps lasts for an entire month. Sweeps months are always in November, February, and May. (I think they also do it in July, but that's outside of the regular TV "season," which runs from September through May.) For some odd reason, sweeps months always start on a Thursday (don't ask me why), so this year, Nov. sweeps should last from Oct. 30 to Nov. 26 (the day before Thanksgiving).

Hope that helps.
My best guess about sweeps starting on Thursdays is because that was the timeslot for Seinfeld and now Friends (I think...I havn't seen Friends in years).

muppet_dk

Reaction score
jediX said:
Original or 2000? I havn't seen either in years.
He is in both of them.
You can also try to take a look at "Spies Like Us".