Last movie you watched

Ziffel

Reaction score
Not sure about a director's cut version of "The Jerk" on dvd. I don't have that movie on dvd yet but was looking at Amazon and see that it was released on dvd in 2002 and interestingly is due to be released again July 26th, called "The Jerk-26th anniversary edition". It says this version is in widescreen and has these extras:

Available Audio Tracks: (Dolby Digital 5.1)

Learn How to Play "Tonight You Belong to Me"

The Lost Filmstrips of Father Carlos Las Vegas de Cordova

Theatrical Trailer

Production Notes

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Heehee, DRS was just on tv earlier! What a coincidence. :wink:

The musical stars John Lithgow as Michael Caine's character, and Norbert Leo Butz as Freddy. The Janet character (I believe the character's name is different in the musical, but I can't remember) is played by Sherie Rene Scott, and she does a wonderful job. Her singing voice is amazing.
I'd recommend for anyone who likes the movie to get the musical soundtrack, it sounds alot like hotel/elevator music to keep the feel, but it's catchy and beautiful. The lyrics are hilarious, too.
Also, Andre has a bigger role, and so does Muriel (the woman who thinks Michael Caine is a prince). They end up hooking up (Muriel and Andre) and it is just amazingly funny! Seriously, get the soundtrack. Or just listen to the clips on amazon.
here!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Last night I watched "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" for the 50th time. I like the original film so much, I can wait to see the Johnny Depp version. I'm convinced he'll destroy all my good memories of the Wilder film.

Ziffel

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Last night I watched "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" for the 50th time. I like the original film so much, I can wait to see the Johnny Depp version. I'm convinced he'll destroy all my good memories of the Wilder film.
Great film. A visual treat and the great "Candy Man" song. The new one is getting good reviews and I'm sure with Tim Burton directing it is also a visual feast for the eyes. I love Burton's original style so much.
Late last night I decided to watch the other Steve Martin dvd movie I bought, "The Lonely Guy", before going to sleep. I watched it then fell asleep, then put it back to where I was last awake and watched some more then fell asleep. Then finally finished it! I loved it once again (I only fell asleep because of being so tired!). When I saw it originally on HBO in 1984 I watched it after midnight so I thought it'd be fun to see it this way again. It's very funny, Steve Martin is great, and the premise about lonely guys is appealing to me since I can kinda relate. Plus, Charles Grodin is (as always) superb in this movie as another lonely guy.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
last movie(s) I've seen...

In the theater: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.No comment on what I think of it,don't want to offend anyone.

On dvd: Empire Records,great flick.

On vhs: L.A. Story,one of my favorite all-time comedies.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Empire Records is such a great movie. "Warren's" character cracks me up.

I just finished Million Dollar Baby. Geez, what a terrific movie. It was a downer, but not near as bad as Clint Eastwood's previous flick, Mystic River. I now understand why MDB won all those Oscars. Clint, Morgan Freeman and Hillary Swank all did wonderful jobs.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Ok, I watched Hostage this weekend.. the new Bruce Willis picture.. Great movie.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Last evening I watched "Unlawful Entry" with Ray Liotta and Kurt Russell. Anyone seen this? I've seen it a couple times before. In subject matter it's not exactly an original plot but I thought this one was very well done and well acted. I like suspense thrillers like this, Misery, Single White Female, Alfred Hitchcock movies, etc. I think Ray Liotta is a good actor too. Liked him in "Dominick and Eugene" and "Something Wild", which were both excellent movies.