Last movie you watched

Ziffel

Reaction score
Glad you liked "Dominick and Eugene", Janice. One of the best dramas I've ever seen. It is indeed heartwarming and extremely well acted by all three. How about that scene with Tom Hulce where he was on the job collecting the garbage and the camera zooms in on his face for a long time as he is horrified at discovering what that abusive father did. Only one word to describe that performance: WOW.
And did you like "Misery", Janice? Or was the subject matter too disturbing and intense for you? I guess as great a movie it is, it's not recommended for the squeamish!

BEAR

Reaction score
has anyone seen Must Love Dogs yet?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Dunno, but John Cusack was in Stand By Me... :smirk:

Hey, my grandfather and I have a bit of an obsession with Sling Blade, often interjecting his "m-hmms" into everyday conversation.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Alright then. Some people call it an obsession. I call it a fixation. M-Hmm. :wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Glad you liked "Dominick and Eugene", Janice. One of the best dramas I've ever seen. It is indeed heartwarming and extremely well acted by all three. How about that scene with Tom Hulce where he was on the job collecting the garbage and the camera zooms in on his face for a long time as he is horrified at discovering what that abusive father did. Only one word to describe that performance: WOW.
And did you like "Misery", Janice? Or was the subject matter too disturbing and intense for you? I guess as great a movie it is, it's not recommended for the squeamish!
I've seen Misery numerous time Ziffel,it's a great Reiner(very big fan of his) flick.Kathy Bates deserved the Oscar for portraying James Caan's number one fan.The penguin being the wrong way,the hobbling scene.I don't mind violence in movies,I just can't watch very gory flicks: Blade for example.Please call me Diana or Dee too.:smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Glad you really liked "Misery" also, Dee. :smile: "My ceramic penguin always faces due south." Very chilling yet delicious line there. And yeah the hobbling operation of the Kimberly Diamond mines. :eek: Such a great movie. And big credit to Stephen King too, of course, for writing the book, including that hobbling part. Some people don't realize that "The Shawshank Redemption", "Stand By Me", and "Misery" were works of his. I've read quite a few King stories but never did read "Misery." I'm going to get the book now though. This sentence from film critic Leonard Maltin has me intrigued:

"There was much more nuance, and more interesting development of the relationship between fan and prisoner, in the novel."

I love King's writing style and think he does a particularly good job with dialogue between two people. So I'm looking forward to it!

Oh and I liked this humorous line from the movie by Paul Sheldon:
"When I said I wanted a snack I kind of had in mind the cheese and crackers kind of thing."

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Glad you really liked "Misery" also, Dee. :smile: "My ceramic penguin always faces due south." Very chilling yet delicious line there. And yeah the hobbling operation of the Kimberly Diamond mines. :eek: Such a great movie. And big credit to Stephen King too, of course, for writing the book, including that hobbling part. Some people don't realize that "The Shawshank Redemption", "Stand By Me", and "Misery" were works of his. I've read quite a few King stories but never did read "Misery." I'm going to get the book now though. This sentence from film critic Leonard Maltin has me intrigued:

"There was much more nuance, and more interesting development of the relationship between fan and prisoner, in the novel."

I love King's writing style and think he does a particularly good job with dialogue between two people. So I'm looking forward to it!

Oh and I liked this humorous line from the movie by Paul Sheldon:
"When I said I wanted a snack I kind of had in mind the cheese and crackers kind of thing."
King my all-time favorite writer.Have read almost every major book he's written.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The last movie I watched was The 40-Year-Old Virgin, which I saw last night.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The last movie I watched was the Goonies. ^_^ I just bought the DVD cheap at Zellers. It's awesome. I forgot how GREAT that movie is. :big_grin: Definately one of the coolest movies ever. HEY, YOU GUUUUUYS!