Last movie you watched

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas to look for stuff, you can see what I noticed in the "Newsman in MFC" thread in Classic Muppets

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
flicks..

I'm watching Amadeus on dvd right now.Last movie I looked at lastly was Talk Radio,with Eric Bogosian,one of Oliver Stone's finest.

Ray Liotta was also great in Goodfellas,NARC & Kurt Russell great in Silkwood(that performance made me appreciate his work even more).I've be a long-time fan of Alfred Hitchcock's,first movie I got to see of his was Dial 'M' for Murder in 3D,when I was 13(in the theater).There's a terrific Alfred Hitchcock attraction down in Universal Studios Orlando,showing how the shower scene in Psycho & the carousel scene in Strangers on a Train were filmed.My favorite Hitchcock films are: Dial 'M' for Murder,The Birds,Rear Window,Strangers on a Train,Shadow of a Doubt and North by Northwest.

Fast Times at Ridgemont,I bought the video cheap($2.99),it's a great time-warp of a flick;to see all of those actors in their early career(Nic Cage,Sean Penn,Forest Whitaker) plus a fab soundtrack too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Unlawful Entry,was very good.Suspense thrillers are the best,aren't they,keeping you on the edge of your seat;either mystery thrillers or horror thrillers,written well.The best suspense films are with gratuitous violence,Hitchcock for example;using camera tricks,music,actors reactions,and your imagination to create a morsel/gem of a movie.

Steve Martin is terrific.His roles in DRS,L.A. Story,All of Me,The Jerk,Roxanne,My Blue Heaven,Planes Trains & Automobiles,Father of the Bride,Little Shop of Horror,Three Amigos,Grand Canyon & Parenthood..were all note worthy.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I watched "A Walk To Remeber" two days ago and still get a sad but happy sigh that comes over me when I think of it...

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Sorry Beau, but I Hate that movie, It's like a love story, but then the girl dies (sorry to ruin the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it), but if you like it that's alright

Ziffel

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Last movie I looked at lastly was Talk Radio,with Eric Bogosian,one of Oliver Stone's finest.
I really liked this movie a lot too. I've seen it about 3 times. It's always interesting and compelling throughout. I love the scenes where Barry Champlain engages in combat radio with the callers. Also love that whole lengthy scene where that guest sits in with him. Great voice he had!
"Talk Radio" seems to be one of those movies, like "Unlawful Entry", that a surpringly high number of people have not seen. Two other fantastic movies that people seldom say they've seen are "Dominick and Eugene" and "Sling Blade."

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I watched "Are We There Yet" starring Ice Cube. A decent flik, but I would have chosen a different name than Ice Cube, maybe Freezer Burn...

That Announcer

Reaction score
Rappers don't do well when they choose a name related to food. Fat Joe, Vanilla Ice, Ice Cube, Puff Daddy (c'mon, you thought of cheese puffs when you first heard of him)...

I also hate Bread, Meatloaf and the Cranberries. Heh.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Not long ago I rewatched my favorite Rob Reiner movie, "Stand By Me", and rewatched a great suspense thriller with Ray Liotta. "Unlawful Entry". Well last night I rewatched my other favorite Reiner movie which is also a great suspense thriller - "Misery". Outstanding film! Loved every scene (though the infamous sledgehammer scene was hard, as always, to stomach!). The pacing and editing were so magnificent. And Kathy Bates was amazing. I can clearly see why she won the best actress Oscar for her performance in this movie. So many fantastic and memorable scenes, but I guess my favorite would be the one where Paul Sheldon is exploring around her house and hears the sound of her truck pulling up and desperately tries to get back to his bed before she comes in the house. Oooh the tension as the camera switches back and forth many times between Paul and her! Even though I KNOW what ends up happening the scene still has me on edge every time I see it.

BEAR

Reaction score
Last night, my girlfriend and I had a phone date and we watched Spanglish. We both rented it and set it up so that we started the movie at the exact same time so the two movies were in sync. It was great! We are temporarily long-distance right now, so it was kinda special. I can't wait to see her next week!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Two other fantastic movies that people seldom say they've seen are "Dominick and Eugene" and "Sling Blade."
I've seen these movies Ziffel,both are great.Tom Hulce & Ray Liotta are so unappreciated as actors.This movie is heartwarming and compelling;along with Jamie Lee Curtis,very sentimental.Sling Blade,hard to believe that's Billy Bob Thorton in that role;been a fan of his ever since.

The movies I watched today were: Dr. Strangelove...,Pink Floyd-The Wall,The English Patient & first half of Pulp Fiction.