Latest Newswire Update on Henson Co.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tera
Does anybody know anything more about the possibilities of the Muppets being bought by the employees?
I remember hearing a few hushed, reverant sentences about this at Muppetfest, but don't know anything else.
Thanks!
Tera
Now I'm not a business person, but in all honesty, would this be a sound business decision? I know we are all sentimental, and would love to see this happen, but would it be a SOUND decision for the future of the company? Would they be able to market, distribute, and still churn out quality entertaining products? With out an umbrella to help them out financially, I'd fear that one of two Muppets from Space or Aliens in the Family could sink them under for good.

Now, let me state I'm not a business major, and I haven't successfully balanced my checkbook for years! So these are just thoughts to ponder upon.

towels

Reaction score
I just wanted to say how nice it is to be able to add a new word to my vocabulary- industryite

Luke

Reaction score
Hi

Actually I don't think theres much new in this press report - actually there are a number of errors, (not least about robust TV production continuing on the Henson lot) so i'm thinking that a journalist has just got the wink that they had this document meeting with all the interested parties and he's wrote a story around that info.

I had heard previously that News Corp were an interested bidder, but had no idea that it had gone so far as company restructuring. Thanks for the info Phil - thats quite a scoop for a Muppet site, shame you couldn't have made more of it when you found out. The european companies are apparently HIT Entertainment, Cosgrove Hall, (i've heard that from 2 sources now and others here have told me the same) and another German company similar to EMTV.

As i think has been said before, i'd expect EMTV to hang onto them a bit longer while the money is coming in - but it all shows that what we have seen lately (TV appearances, deals, Muppetfest, Merchandise) has been done for a reason, and EMTV are cleverly using the Muppets 25th anniversary year as a tool to sell them.

It's quite true that after a meeting like that, things would be 'hotting up' but it doesn't mean an imminent sale. Firstly, if new bids are expected - i'd be guessing that they are still waiting for bids to come in from companies who were actually at the document meeting, which makes you think that it was VERY recent. If thats the case, and if other sales of this kind are anything to go by, theres usually at least a 3 month period between this and any sale being completed.

beaker

Reaction score
...as long is it aint the rat gloves!

WOW! Fox, viacom, aol/tw...so long as the fink doesnt get his gloves on it! Personally, Im hoping for either Fox or aol/tw(viacom has the snorefest channel cbs, and eMpTyV) I know aol/tw is looney tunes, but still! Either way...this is going to be quite an interesting buy race!

\\.:beaker:.//

*whose mad he lost his wallet and wasnt able to go to e3 at the last minute*

Jessie

Reaction score
Question:

Is Disney still in the race? I am kind of hoping AOL Time Warner doesn't get Henson...I know everyone dislikes Disney taking up Henson, but they get my vote...maybe we will see more quality Henson stuff in the future if they do...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Luke, what is Cosgrove Hall?

And what exactly is a "document meeting?"

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Disney

Disney is indeed still in the running for Henson well as almost all of the other major studios like Fox, AOL-Time Warner, and Viacom.

I hope Disney get them. I want Muppet At Walt Disney World on DVD.

beaker

Reaction score
bean:

>>>I hope Disney get them. I want Muppet At Walt Disney World on DVD<<<

Oh you didnt read the new news on toughpigs? Yeah, under a special licence agreement, this will be among many things featured on a special Muppet Rarities dvd headng this fall...I think sex and violence, Valentines special, and Tales of the Tinkerdee
will be on it.

'0-0'
------

::\\.:beaker:.//::