Latest Newswire Update on Henson Co.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Disney as well. I at least want "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" to air on ABC once so I can record it. :smile:

It would also be nice if Henson gets sold before I start summer school. I was doing a research paper about JHC that was actually due May 16, but I couldn't finish it in time, but my teacher said I can complete in it summer school, which starts June 10. And if I can end the paper saying JHC was sold to (whoever) in May or June 2002 and end on an up note, it would be beautiful.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory

Originally posted by beaker

Oh you didnt read the new news on toughpigs? Yeah, under a special licence agreement, this will be among many things featured on a special Muppet Rarities dvd headng this fall...I think sex and violence, Valentines special, and Tales of the Tinkerdee
will be on it.
Cory,
Where did you find this info out ?

Thanks

Muppets1985

Reaction score
OMG (Screams!! around the house) OMG im sooo Happy all i can say is.... GO DISNEY GO DISNEY GO DISNEY GO DISNEY GO DISNEY GOOOOOOO DISNEY!!!!

Not to Mr. Eisner: If you DON'T offer the MOST money to EM.tv i WILL flip and thats a prommis(?)!!!

just think "Muppets @ WDW" on abc in a few months Aaaaaaa... Oh my FOX , Nick (darn them) WB (Aggg i hate them) and others, God lets hope it's Disney Jim WOULD have wanted that! i think! and i HOPE!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Boyraisin

Cosgrove Hall is a British production company, a bit like Aardman - who do a lot of animation, films and kids stuff. You can find a fansite about them at :- http://www.nyanko.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/chamb/

About six to eight months ago i was at a meeting with a company who shares the same management offices as Cosgrove and had various conversations about EMTV/Henson and they apparently were very interested. Then someone knowledgable from here (not sure they want to be named) mentioned to me that Cosgrove were seriously interested in Henson, and since then Cosgrove mentions have come up when i was in Germany, and also in research for my writing at Toughpigs.com. I'm not sure how serious their interest is, or indeed if they are still interested now, but i would think they are possibly as strong a player as HIT Entertainment who are also looking to make another large aquisition - nothing like the money of Disney or News Corp though !

At the meeting we have been told about ( i don't think its called a document meeting - i just went with what they said) the interested parties would probably see a presentation, discuss the contractual terms of any sale (ie :- what exactly they get and how they can use it) and be told how the sale/bid process will go. Thats just an educated guess though - i've never seen it for myself, and i'm not massively in the know about these things.

I just wouldn't take everything that press report says as being official - they mentioned some company names but used the phrase "thought to include" - in other words they don't know for sure. Anyhow, when a company worth having comes up for sale (especially with the possibilty of a cheap deal - like JHC) then all the different media companies are usually interested in the early stages - then drop out later. I think it's probably a case of it coming down to Disney and someone else - as we all discussed recently, it looks pretty much for sure that the management buyout is dead in the water, has been for ages, and the only chance they ever have is if EMTV goes bankrupt, or if as the article said, nobody else is interested (which isn't gonna be the case).

Poor old Charlie Rivkin !

Luke

Reaction score
Warrick,

Cory is joking. In Danny's article he said that Henson had considered a rarities DVD but rejected it because they would never be able to sell enough to make it worthwhile.

matleo

Reaction score
Cosgrove/Hall? I know of them. They did that real nice "Wind in the Willows series back in the 80's. Actually I just got a few episodes of that the other day as well as their version of the original story. Nice little series. Nut I wouldn't have thought them a bog enough company to be buying another company. Hey like, if you find out anymore will you keep us posted? This is the first possible name I've heardin this tory that's peaked my interest. I'm going to check out that website you posted. I think I'd like to know more about this company.

--Matt

Jessie

Reaction score
Luke

Just OOC, how do you know so much about everything? You should be on who wants to be a millionaire...

Luke

Reaction score
Matt :-

I'll keep you posted on Cosgrove. They are about the same level as 'Hit' who aquired the 'Barney' franchise so if Henson were to go for say, under $200 million they would probably have a chance, nothing in the league of Disney or News Corp though so if those are truly in the bidding then no chance. Cosgrove also did Dangermouse and Count Duckula.

Jessie :-

I do all this media schmoo for my job - it beats watching TV all day (well, actually thats what i do). I know there are others here who are better informed and know a lot more than me but they never seem to post what they know. It's a shame because this is supposed to be a Muppet site, not the secret squirrel society. I don't know it all - ask me a question on boybands and i'd be stumped !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know after all I've said about Disney that it may sound strange, but as for longevity of the Muppets - Disney is their best bet bar none. It's a cool idea that they may get a special secion of the park (extension of Muppet Vision) and will live on that way. I think that's what Jim saw all those years ago. My real objection is that the Muppets may be reduced to disposable kiddie-fare which would be a shame. And seeing how little respect Disney is giving their new line-up of DVD releases, it is obvious they only have profits on their minds and nothing else. Profits are great, but there should always be more to a project than simply cash. I hope Disney will treat them well...if it happens.:smile: