Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Brian Jay Jones is a fellow MASHer.

Also, apparently the following things about the internet are actually officially illegal:
- Sharing passwords
- Using public wifi without permission
- Not using your real name on social media
- Streaming TV shows without commercials
- Recording Skype conversations without the other person's consent
- Using pictures you find online (like Google Images)

Also, apparently America and Israel are the only countries in the world with actual Fair Use laws.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Using public WiFi?

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know it was a crime to just walk in and use Starbucks' wifi as long as I buy something. :rolleyes:

I also didn't know it was illegal to watch some of my favorite shows while having adblock turned on, because den da companies wose awl deiw money! Boo hoo hoo!

Any Del

Reaction score
Here's something I learn.

How messed up this world is...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Using public WiFi?

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know it was a crime to just walk in and use Starbucks' wifi as long as I buy something. :rolleyes:
Well, I mean, they have to know you're using their wifi and you have to agree to their TOS to use it, otherwise, you're "stealing" it.

The same thing applies to when you use somebody else's unsecured wifi signal, because you're basically using for free what they pay for for their own use.
I also didn't know it was illegal to watch some of my favorite shows while having adblock turned on, because den da companies wose awl deiw money! Boo hoo hoo!
Actually, it's not the use of adblockers, it's streaming shows on illegitimate/third party services that may not use commercials. In other words, if you're gonna stream, you have to on legit services like Netflix or Hulu or what have you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Two things I learned.

1. "Boruto's dad" is now apparently a meme.

2. I think it's clear Mandark from Dexter's Lab was modeled after his voice actor, Eddie Deezen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has any character Eddie Deezen voiced not been modeled after him?