1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Leave Frank alone

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by dwayne1115, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

*huff! puff!*

Oy!
  2. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

come again?
  3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

When Animal's pushing the cannon across the screen after Dr. Teeth sez "Shalom!"
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

ahh I wasn't realizing the quote, I thought you were just posting random things (which isn't anything new;) )
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Boy, I could use a muffin right about now.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

yes But

ok yes he does a great job as Dr. theeth but how do muppets get assinded puppeters. who makes the call i would think there would be more then one person but im not sure anyone know.
  7. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Dr. Teeth also said "Clap your hands!" in the "We Are Family" video (which was sorta irritating) that aired on the six-month anniversary and one-year anniversary of 9/11.
  8. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Okay,
    I'll stick my hands up *and I'm sure Frank Oz Fans will remember* I have spoken out against Frank on one or two occasions, Not through any malice just a general upset that the person who "held my heroine up*(Not my quote but something a kid said to Jane Henson when they were both watching Jim work) whilst she worked.
    I realise of course that Frank has to do other things, sure he gets bored he's human after all, but it's just a shame that he can't make a bit of time for Piggy and Fozzie.
    Before Jim passed on there was a plan to do a lot of new stuff with Piggy and I'm guessing that Frank would have been hugely involved, when Jim died the plans rightly were put on hold and then Frank decides he wants to go off and direct movies full time.
    Now obviously he misses Jim, that's natural, it's just a bit sad that he doesn't seem inclined to do any performances anymore particularly as he's fantastic at capturing Piggy.
    I remember watching a documentary and Frank said how difficult it was to do Piggy as he had to be in touch with his feminine side.
    My point is that Piggy comes from somewhere within Frank.
    Jamie
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Need I remind you, Frank still does plenty of performing for the Muppets, on Sesame Street and what-not. He'll return to Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear in his due time.

Also, Frank once said something along the lines of, "Bert is grumpy. And I can be grumpy at times. You can be grumpy at times. Ernie's silly. Jim can be silly at times, I can be silly at times, you can be silly at times. It's all a part of all of us!" (not an exact quote) So, really anyone could play Miss Piggy if they wanted to.
  10. dwayne1115

I think what super said hit the mail on the head. you right anyone could be miss piggiy if they get the yoice down . and Eric does a wonderfull job. so im glad frank is doing other things and has the abilaty not to feel so gulty about leaving fozzy and pigy in the wrong hands. :o :mad:
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I remember that, that was cool, but why in the name of all that's Holy did they put Spongebob on that? He is the stupidest, crappiest, dumbest, most idiotic thing since Rugrats. I actually think John Kennedy is one the greatest newer performers, he did great in Kermit's Swamp Years with Blotch and Arnie the Alligator. And if I'm not mistaking, I think he performs DJ 1 from Animal Jam.
  12. dwayne1115

John does a great job i didnt know he was in kermet samwp years (need to see it) i just wander how muppets get assinged to people does anyone know
  13. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I don't remember SpongeBob, but I haven't watched the video in a while. But SpongeBob is the only good thing on the channel. I never watch Nickelodeon, but if I did it'd be only for SpongeBob. Though I do miss the days when I watched "Hey Arnold!"...and "Rugrats."
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

As for me, the only time when I watch Nickelodeon is when Sundays they have the return of Aaahh Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, and the greatest Nicktoon of them all: Rocko's Modern Life. And to answer dwayne's question, I believe whoever is in charge of the movie, gives the muppeteers to audition for the new characters and picks which one is best, either that or they just assign them to a certain muppeteer and that's that. :confused:
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I love Spongebob. The perfect balance of off the wall humor tempered with a little bit of sweetness. The spirit of Spongebob reminds me a little of the Muppets. Lots of fun - some bite your lip humor, but it never hurts anybody. A life affirming bunch of characters that underneath their collective neurosis really love each other.
  16. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Ahh! How can I forget "Rocko?" MAN I miss that show.

Ha, I used the big three punctuation marks: !, ?, and .

ANYWAY...Well said about SpongeBob, Frogboy. They don't remind me of the Muppets (whose shows and movies I have not seen in nearly three months), but it is a cool show. Never watch it, but I like it.
  17. dwayne1115

ok ok can we please stop talking about that stupid sungebob he makes me sick and is nothing like the muppets or if you love soungbob so much then make a website about him but not on here thanks :halo: :grouchy:
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Please refrain from telling other members what they can and can't post. All opinions, as long as they are respectful, are welcome on this form. We may be getting a little off topic here, but the Spongebob development began with your statment in the first place. You can't fault other members for commenting on it. We are a family of many opinions here.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

20. dwayne1115

so sorry frogboy i just get mad when people say somthing that does evn go with the muppets like in my eyes songbob is like the muppets it bugs me . the muppets are the muppet sorry but that what i thnk i did not mean anything bad by it forgive me please if you dont i will fall :attitude: im an american :D alright :grouchy: go away