Left handedness.....

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
I am left handed, but I scratch with the right.
The question is...scratch what, exactly? :big_grin:

I am in the prestigious, elite group of lefties as well. It honestly hasn't caused any physical problems for me, short of the aforementioned soup ladle (LORD I hate those things!!). I don't need lefty scissors, I can open cans, etc. Though, being a lefty has caused some pretty strange things within my predominantly right-handed family.

My mother told me that my grandfather, when I was a very young lad, would see me writing with my left hand. Upon seeing this, he would tell me "Matthew, use THIS hand!" and would take the crayon from my left hand and place it in my right. Sorry Baba...still lefty. It was worse with my Great-grandmother though...

My Great-grandmother (Nana, as I called her) was brought up in the old country (Italy.. Sicily to be specific), and was very deeply rooted in her religious beliefs, which stemmed from her education at a religious school (I believe she was Catholic...that would make sense wouldn't it?). She would tell me how, if I student wrote with their left hand, the teacher/nun would slap their hand with a ruler. Repeatedly. She said this was because it was believed that he (or she) who wrote with their left hand was possessed by the devil himself. This was pretty funny as, when I would be writing and she'd happen to be in the same room, she would cover her eyes as I wrote. She wasn't too serious about it though, as I would joke around with her about it sometimes ("Yes, I'm done Nana...ooooh wait, forgot to sign it...waaaaaiiiiiit a minute...") Eh...I miss Nana. She passed away a few years back. :cry:

But anyway, lefties, I am with ya! LEFTIES UNITE!

By the way, interesting stuff Terry.

-Matt

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
So, slowly, but surely, I'm progressing toward left-handed puppeteering so I can fill both roles without having to hire on another puppeteer.

well you just gotta be in the elite group

Sarah

heh...wannabes

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
While were on the subject, any lefties out there know where I can buy a left-handed bowling ball? :wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
no, but we will have FACTOIES AND FACTORIES making them when we rule the world

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i doubt people would want you to rule the world sarah!!! now they might want me though.....hehe

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You are all weirdos! :attitude:

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
well you just gotta be in the elite group

Sarah

heh...wannabes
Get a life, lefty. You're just jealous that you have to write backwards. :embarrassed:

Hehe! Actually, my grandfather's left-handed. Mom had suspected that I would be too, but, no.

I got lucky! :stick_out_tongue:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Normally I'm right-handed, but once I broke my arm (well, three times, really, but I'm just talking about this ONE time) and I had to learn how to do everything with my left hand. My sister and I were in the middle of this two-week long badmitten fettish and pretty soon I got used to using the racket with my left hand and could beat her! Then I got the cast off and I couldn't do anything with my right hand for a while.

I had a friend who I *made* become a puppeteer :wink: and he was a righty, but he used his left hand to puppeteer.

I have to say though, I'd be nothing without my left hand. It does the majority of the work when I'm playing guitar (which I find kinda strange), and my puppets couldn't move their arms without it.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I am very ungrateful for my left hand.

KA-CHUNK!

Ah! Much better!

:smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: