Little things we've noticed

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
In the Muppets, I just noticed, that when Walter, Gary and Mary left Smalltown in the begining, the sign said, Now leaving Smalltown, we'll miss you!

But when Gary realized he was a man and not a muppet, and he went back to Smalltown, the sign said, Now Entering Smalltown, Welcome!
It's weird though. Becuase it's shot from the same angle. (Unless they changed the sign).
(It's a cool sign though, it just magially goes up when someone enters Smalltown.)

In the Muppets, they say the contract includes the rights to the studios, and I don't remember if they mentioned the theatre included, but if he did, what happened to the contract in IAVMMCM that said the theatre can never be torn down or changed?

When explaining the plot point, Statler and Waldorf said the Muppets signed a contract 30 years ago, even though it was more. Then it in the menu, Waldorf said he hasn't liked the Muppets for 40 years, why start? Is it just me, or is he getting too old?
Answering the first question:
I and many other people here had this question.
It's not the same continuity. It's a whole different story. (Plus the theaters are in different places.) Some people said this movie's a remake of IAVMMCM. That's good, becuase it makes up for that special.

Question numbah 2:
That's true, later on in the movie they say "Now you know how we felt for the past forty years!'
So if the movies are going according to real time then it's.. umm.. *counts on fingers* about 33 years! But of course the year the movie came out (TMM) isn't WHEN it happened, it happened before. So when, we'll never know. But Waldorf did say he signed it over thirty years ago. So who knows. They're so old they lost track, DOHOHO!

In the Muppets, they need 1 million dollars to save the theatre, but if Piggy wsa a fashion editor, and Gonzo was a plumbing magnate, why didn't they just pay it off?
Sorry to quote you so many times. (They actually need ten million dollars to save the theater and studio)
Gonzo does blow up his plumbing business and that's where all the money went (Wocka Wocka, get it? The money went down the drain, get it, becuase he's a plumber and.. oh never mind)
I don't really know why Piggy couldn't, but then it would be a really short movie.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
In a deleted scene, it's revealed that Gonzo had just enough money to save the theater, but accidentally left it on the top floor of the building he blew up.

mo

Reaction score
when grovers singing proud of me and goes round the barrel you can quite clearly but still not distractedly see frank oz's wrist.

Hartley

Reaction score
This is a great thread. One of my favourite easily-missed details is that Kermit has his own personalised teacup on his desk backstage, but it's clearly just an old china cup that he's written his own name on :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the theme heard at the beginning of Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff (and possibly other compilation videos) sound like the closing theme from the Kaye Ballard episode?

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I've noticed from watching TMS season 4 on youtube that at the very end during the credits, when the camera goes to Rolf, you can hear him turn the page.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
One of my favorites is in "Letters to Santa". Once they find out that you can fly to the north pole, Rizzo says "Who wants to go to the North Pole?". During the movie, another puppeteer was performing rizzo (as Steve was doing Kermit), and Steve later dubbed over the lines. This line however was left undubbed for some reason....:shifty:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One of my favorites is in "Letters to Santa". Once they find out that you can fly to the north pole, Rizzo says "Who wants to go to the North Pole?". During the movie, another puppeteer was performing rizzo (as Steve was doing Kermit), and Steve later dubbed over the lines. This line however was left undubbed for some reason....:shifty:
Probably just a post-production mistake. The same thing happened at one point in "Muppets from Space". The Swedish Chef's line about the oven blowing up was supposed to have been done by Bill Barretta, but he was busy doing Pepe in this scene. Dave Goelz took over for the Chef for this scene, but the editor (or whoever is in charge of the dubbing) apparently missed this bit.

By the way, I'm not 100% sure, but I think Peter Linz was doing Rizzo in that scene from LTS.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Swedish Chef's line about the oven blowing up was supposed to have been done by Bill Barretta, but he was busy doing Pepe in this scene. Dave Goelz took over for the Chef for this scene, but the editor (or whoever is in charge of the dubbing) apparently missed this bit.
On a Muppet Wiki talk page it was said that Dave Goelz didn't perform the Chef there. That user said it was confirmed by either Goelz or Barretta. And since the Chef was off-screen when he spoke that line, there wouldn't have really been a need for somebody else to perform him there.