Little things we've noticed

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
On a Muppet Wiki talk page it was said that Dave Goelz didn't perform the Chef there. That user said it was confirmed by either Goelz or Barretta. And since the Chef was off-screen when he spoke that line, there wouldn't have really been a need for somebody else to perform him there.
Thanks for the clarification!

Hate to nit-pick, but the Chef had two lines during that scene, one off-screen, one on-screen.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, so The Muppets Take Manhattan is supposed to be a different continuity than The Muppet Show and other productions, right? And I've always noticed that this is the only one where they don't acknowledge being in a movie. But I just noticed some slight fourth-wall breaking.

It comes when Statler and Waldorf see that Manhattan Melodies is on Broadway. Statler says "So they've finally made it to Broadway". So are they aware of the Muppets? It's a different continuity so they wouldn't have seen The Muppet Show. Earlier when they see Kermit and Miss Piggy at Central Park they don't seem to know who they are (Statler refers to them as "a frog and a pig"). They aren't shown watching the Muppets' performance at the beginning of the film, though in the comic book adaptation they are (I wonder if they shot such a scene and cut it).

There's also some confusion on Manhattan Melodies. At the beginning Kermit refers to it as a senior variety show, but throughout the rest of the film it's referred to as a musical, presumably with a narrative (though we don't see much narrative aside from "somebody getting married"). I assume that the performance at the beginning is meant to be Manhattan Melodies. I think it's on the sign at the beginning, and afterwards the Muppets remark that "they like/love it", as if they were pleaseantly surprised.

And throughout the movie, Kermit describes the plot as "two leads get married and then there's an opening number" which is "Right Where I Belong". But they sing "Right Where I Belong" before the wedding sequence, not right after (and if it came after it wouldn't be the opening number).

I don't know if the performance of the musical is meant to be the whole show or not (I saw an article last year on the subject, saying that the musical was rather short). Who knows how much more there would have been? But in the comic book adaptation they sing a little bit of "Together Again" after the wedding, which would make sense since they sing that song at the beginning of the film. It could be assumed that what we saw at first was the finale of Manhattan Melodies, but then we NEVER see Manhattan Melodies in full.

Hubert

Reaction score
And throughout the movie, Kermit describes the plot as "two leads get married and then there's an opening number" which is "Right Where I Belong". But they sing "Right Where I Belong" before the wedding sequence, not right after (and if it came after it wouldn't be the opening number).
I take Kermit's plot description differently. I think he means that in it, two leads get married, and there's also an opening number. I don't think he meant those in order. He was just saying, there's this, and then there's also this.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I noticed in MTM when Kermit and the gang are walking around the city right after the song "You can't take no for an answer" there's a guy in background performing with puppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was looking at the back of Muppet Race Mania recently, and noticed this line of text: "Karting off the lavish sets of their six blockbuster movies". By referring to them all as "blockbuster" movies that would mean Muppets from Space was a blockbuster movie, but that's obviously not true. Talk about false advertising!

Then again, Sony owns that film, and Sony makes the Playstation systems. I don't know what involvement Sony would have had in the making of the game (if any), but I guess it's not surprising they would ignore the fact that they own the least-successful Muppet movie of all time and refer to all the films as blockbusters.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Looking closely at The Muppets, they put a lot of Muppet merchandise in Walter's house. Kermit cups, Miss Piggy statues, a Rainbow Connection calendar… It's just fun to look at.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ok, this is from what my mom told me a little, so if I'm wrong, bame her! xD

In The Muppets, when Gary asked Walter to talk to Mary for him, there was a poster in the backround advertising The Muppet Show. It said it came on on Sundays. I do believe, it came on on Saturday. (At least that's what my Mom told Moi...)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In The Muppets, when Gary asked Walter to talk to Mary for him, there was a poster in the backround advertising The Muppet Show. It said it came on on Sundays. I do believe, it came on on Saturday. (At least that's what my Mom told Moi...)
The Muppet Show aired in first-run syndication, so all over the United States the show was on different local stations at different times and different days of the week. Also, a lot of TV shows have changed their timeslots over the years, they were produced for network TV, cable TV, syndication (the various individual stations changing timeslots), or PBS (ditto). I'm sure at least some of the local stations that aired the show changed it's time slot at least once.

I noticed that in The Muppets, Janice is in the orchestra for the opening and rehearsals, in her purple tux, but after that no longer appears in the orhcestra. But she also appears on-stage during the opening, in her regular clothes, when the female chorus sings, but then in the final shot, she's no longer there in the arches (a different female is, while the rest of the character line-up in that row of archs is identical to when the females sang).

David French

Reaction score
Ok, this is from what my mom told me a little, so if I'm wrong, bame her! xD

The poster is right; ITV's Midlands franchise (ATV) which produced the show aired the first and last series on Sunday nights.