Look! "Before You Leap" is an amazing book

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the speedy reply! To put it mildly, I was rather excited to see your name on the main page!
:big_grin:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hey Jim (Joe er) do you come up with the book idea itself, or did MHC (or now The Muppet Studios), come to you and ask you to write the book. If you continue with a series of muppet autobios, could you suggest writing a expose' of moi, ala Miss Piggy. That would be great, and probablly sell like hot cakes. Nice to meet you!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Jim Lewis, there is one thing that Kermit mentioned in his book that I hadn't heard about before, and I think it sounds like a true fact, but then again, Kermit does make quite a few jokes in his autobiography (and there is a bit of fiction, as it applies to Kermit's reality). In the book, Kermit says that Charlie Gibson later told Kermit that when his kids were young, he had trouble explaining to them what he did for a living, and eventually, he just said that he did what kermit did on Sesame Street, and they then knew what a reporter does. Was this a true fact, or did you make it up for the book?

BearWithMe

Reaction score
True story...

Indeed. That's a story Charlie Gibson told on air when Kermit visited GMA several years back. And it's the reason Kermit has come back everytime Charlie retires...again. As for the book: half-and-half. They wanted an advice book, Kermit wanted to do an autobiography. So, you get both. As for Piggy: we shall see. I understand she's holding out for a shrine.

BearWithMe

Reaction score
Dear Super Scooter...

Apparently I don't have enough posts to qualify for a private reply to your private message, so here's you're answer in public: all the writers contributed to the myriad variations of that song. As for posting it, I have no authority to say anything either way about that. Come to think of it, I have no authority whatsoever, which is actually rather nice when you think of it.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Jim! It's so cool that you are posting here. Welcome to the forum! It's nice to hear from somebody who is involved with the goings-on of the muppets. :smile:

I finally finished your book, and I just wanted to tell you that I loved it! I've even recommended it to my mom. I think that the book really does represent Kermit's voice, and I couldn't be happier with it!

I really liked how you mentioned alot of other muppets (Sam, Floyd, Pepe, Fozzie, Piggy, Beaker, etc.) and featured conversations with the different characters. Those were some of my favourite parts of the book. The individual character's personalities really came through. I, as well as others, feel that we haven't seen enough of the muppets true personalities lately (since they keep doing movies where they play other characters like in Muppets Wizard of Oz) so I particularily enjoyed these parts.

Your book totally has the true muppet spirit and I wanted to share that with you! Thanks for writing a great book.

~ Pepper

Super Scooter

Reaction score
BearWithMe said:
Apparently I don't have enough posts to qualify for a private reply to your private message, so here's you're answer in public: all the writers contributed to the myriad variations of that song. As for posting it, I have no authority to say anything either way about that. Come to think of it, I have no authority whatsoever, which is actually rather nice when you think of it.
Hehe. It's cool. Having no authority can be nice. Thank you for the response. I honestly couldn't figure out where to put it anyway, although I still have most of those numbers memorized.

I'm Piggy!
I'm Piggy!
We're two of a kind!
I'm a little bit Piggy...
And I've got a PIG behind!

You see what he did? He said PIG behind instead of BIG behind!

Knock-knock, Miss Piggy.
Who's there, Miss Piggy?
Miss Piggy.
Miss Piggy, who?
... Eh, we haven't quite got this one figured out yet, okay.
---

... actually, I just watched that episode, so I guess that's not fair. :wink:

BACK TO YOUR TOPIC!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There is one part in the book where Kermit says that he wanted it to be more than just an autobiography that could be adapted into a movie by making part of it a self-help book (though it does focus more on self-help). But actually, after looking at the self-help part of the book, I am convinced that the Muppets need to make a self-help video or special of some sort.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow

Well! Ok so we know what kermit has learned, but what have you learned Jim?Are they pretty much the same lessons? I also would like to know how do you personally feel about the way the muppets are doing, not just in writing but as a whole. If you can't really answer that, i understand.

BearWithMe

Reaction score
Fessin' Up

How do I personally feel about the way the Muppets are going? What have I learned? I’ve learned that despite the chaos, craziness, counterintuitive nonsense and unspecified mayhem, if you believe in the Muppets and what they’ve always been, then somehow things will work out in the end wonderfully, amazingly and unexpectedly better than you expected. Sure it’s ridiculously optimistic, but isn’t that the point? I’m not just being diplomatic here, I actually believe that. (Insert Statler & Waldorf rejoinder here.)