Look! "Before You Leap" is an amazing book

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well i gusse if you think in the long run wverything will be wonerfull i do to yea you have boosted me up thanks i needed that i was feeling kind of down today. you seem to be somone anyone of us could talk to aout anything. i think we muppet fans need someone like that i mean we are really the best fans on earth

Super Scooter

Reaction score
BearWithMe said:
How do I personally feel about the way the Muppets are going? What have I learned? I’ve learned that despite the chaos, craziness, counterintuitive nonsense and unspecified mayhem, if you believe in the Muppets and what they’ve always been, then somehow things will work out in the end wonderfully, amazingly and unexpectedly better than you expected. Sure it’s ridiculously optimistic, but isn’t that the point? I’m not just being diplomatic here, I actually believe that. (Insert Statler & Waldorf rejoinder here.)
Statler: Didja hear that, Waldorf? He says he thinks things will work out in the end for the Muppets.

Waldorf: Oh, no! And we were still waiting for the end OF the Muppets!

... But, seriously, though, there of us on here who have kept that same optomistic outlook on the future of the Muppets. Thinks might look kind of bleak occasionally, but I'm sure there's plenty to look forward too. Who knows? Maybe the Fraggle Rock Movie will get things going for another theatrical Muppet movie? :wink: :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well im hopeful i just wanted to know what somone on the inside thought

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok here is a qustion for anyone. the book was great and i thought it was very creative. witch brings me to somthing that has been on my mind is creativtiy dyingor is it already dead? So many of the worlds greatest creative people have passed on, and i just wonder if they taght enough people and gave many people the chance to be creative. there are so many remakes and things that are so origanal that it almost is sicking.

Telly

Reaction score
My friends chuckle at me when I tell them I'm going to model my life after Kermit's views....be more optimistic. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thats nothing funny at all i think all the world shold have alittle kermit in them for the lovers the dreams and you. itreally waht it is all about.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the section of the book where Kermit talks about the movies, he keeps talking about the titles. He mentions titles that each Muppet wanted The Muppet Movie to have, then says that The Great Muppet Caper was going to be titled The Muppet Movie II untill roman numerals were in short supply, and then he says that The Muppets Take Manhattan was going to be titled The Muppets Take a Trip to Manhattan untill the marquee hangers union complained. I have been wondering if that original title mentioned for The Muppets Take Manhattan was really the original title or if it was just made up for the book. I've seen a Muppet Show Fan Club article that referred to The Great Muppet Caper as The Muppet Movie II before it became GMC, and I am assuming that those suggested titles for The Muppet Movie are just jokes used in the book, but I am wondering about that title for MTM.

BearWithMe

Reaction score
made 'em up

Those movie titles were made up. As for MM II; that may be true, at least as a working title. I wasn't around when Caper was made. I'm curious and will try to find out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
To Jim Lewis:

I was recently wondering, have you thought about starting a thread in the Henson People section for fans to ask you specific questions about the productions that you have written? I know that performer Terry Angus has a page like that. Perhaps you could start an "As Jim Lewis"-like page, for questions that we have, and you can make rules regarding what's asked (for the Terry Angus question thread, I think that only up to ten questions are allowed to be asked before he answers them). The thread could be there, for those who have questions for you, and you can answer them when you have the time to answer them, or when you feel like it.