Lord of the Rings The Two Towers

beaker

Reaction score
Well it's been out a few days, just wondering what ya guys thought of it. After opting to see the near unwatchable Star Trek Nemesis the other day...I just saw LOTR 2 today, and I was swept away with a lot of ornate visuals that harkened back to the Never Ending Story and Willow which was quite good.

My favorite parts were the tree beard scenes, those giant elephants, and the Muppet Mastercard in Manhattan commercial(Which on the big screen makes me get giddy of a new Muppet film possibility)

Btw, anybody find that Golem guy annoying? If Episode One had it's Jat Jar, LOTR has it's Golem.

Finally, that T3 preview...I wonder if all of Arnie's lines are shown in the trailer?

CraigD

Reaction score
Hey Cory,

I'm dying to see The Two Towers, but for some crazy freakin reason, it's not opening over here until Boxing Day - Dec. 26th! The reason being Boxing Day is always a day for a big cinema release, but it still sucks we have to wait over a week after most of the northern hemisphere can see it. The same thing happened with The Fellowship of the Ring last year.

But I have my tickets already, and I'll be at one of the first sessions when it opens, so I'll let you know what I think.

You didn't like the first film did you?

Craig

beaker

Reaction score
Oh it is quite apparent the LOTR trilogy is shaping up to be quite an extrodinary and epic series.

I lvoed the first one, my only problem was the abrupt ending....however without giving too much away, that is quickly remedied in the first few minutes of the film.

Im surprised I havent seen anyone post about LOTR 2, but I hope everyone gets to see this on the big screen. Yes, it pushes the violence level to just barely an inch under an R, but as expected is the more action packed of the series thus far.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Originally posted by CraigD
Hey Cory,

I'm dying to see The Two Towers, but for some crazy freakin reason, it's not opening over here until Boxing Day - Dec. 26th! The reason being Boxing Day is always a day for a big cinema release, but it still sucks we have to wait over a week after most of the northern hemisphere can see it. The same thing happened with The Fellowship of the Ring last year.

But I have my tickets already, and I'll be at one of the first sessions when it opens, so I'll let you know what I think.

You didn't like the first film did you?

Craig
Hang in there for movie number three cos it is opening right here in little NZ and I'm sure it would open in Aussie next!! I agree that it sucks about the N/Hemisphere getting it first before us!!!!

CraigD

Reaction score
Hi Amy,

Yeah, especially when the film was made in your neck of the woods!

I guess we just have to be patient...

Craig

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
you know i like this triology and i feel its better than star wars. sure people can say star wars is a great triology, and it is, but for people like me who were born after star wars came out, this is "our" triology...hahaha. but seriously, its incredible that peter jackson and his team can make a movie like this because this movie looks by in large, one of the toughest movies to make from all the movies i've seen. can't wait to see the third one next christmas!

ryan

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Btw, anybody find that Golem guy annoying? If Episode One had it's Jat Jar, LOTR has it's Golem.
Big disagreement here Cormeister. I thought Sméagol was brilliant. Passionate. Layered. Tragic. All of these things and more. An amazing performance as well. Yoda could have been this good... actually he was, but the Gollum's part was much more expansive, much more physical and certainly much more emotional. There's supposed to be an awards group who's got a new cataegory for Best Performance by a CGI Character (or something like that) this year with Sméagol, Yoda and Dobby the House Elf from Harry Potter all nominated. Sméagol's got to win it, hands down.

As for the rest of the movie, I was speechless. I'll be seeing this again and again.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh I'll have to say I was surprised they really went all out on the guy...from just a brief cameo in the first one to huge chunks devoted to him. But after awhile, all his schizophrenic 'master preciousssss' just got to me after 5 hours of that...wait how long was LOTR 2? at any rate, one of th ebest films of the year...top 3 for me. And those Tree-Beards, hot dang!

Sweetums

Reaction score
Just curious, but Beaker, have you read the book?

I also found it a great movie... I loved Gollum, and the Ents were the most awesome of awesome things ever. I also liked the way Haldir was brought back into the story... it surprised me, but it worked very well!!! It was sad when he- oops, sorry, don't wanna spoil it for anybody.

I was also very very impressed with Miranda Otto as Eowyn. She was my favorite character in the book, and I'm glad to see that she's being portrayed so well. I just wish there could have been more of her in the movie!

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I just have to make a comment on the scenery in the movie. Isn't it beautiful?!

Okay - so I'm bragging about my country but how often does NZ get shown to the rest of the world on the movie screen!!!