Love's Long Journey

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I love the Muppet meeting, now those are the Muppets we love so dear. I also love the end of this chapter with Doc and Sprocket. :smile: Can't wait for more:excited:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
DOC! DOC FOUND HER! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! <Dances> <...cares away?> Oh my gosh I love this story. Have I mentioned that yet? MORE PLEASE!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just for Lisa because it's her birthday you guys get a second chapter today. More tomorrow. :smile:

Chapter Fourteen:

The train finally roared into Hensonville. It was late, about 11:00 at night.

“Come on Gobo, let’s hurry,” said Maggie. She grabbed him by the hand and pulled him off the train.

“Maggie! Over here!” yelled Fozzie spotting them immediately. The train station was not nearly as crowded at night.

“Hi Fozzie!” exclaimed Maggie and gave him a quick hug. “This is Gobo,” she said pointing to the orange Fraggle who was eyeballing his new surroundings.

“Oh, nice to meet you,” said Gobo offering Fozzie his hand.

“Well, what’s the word?” asked Maggie.

“Kermit has organized a search party and we’ve got the theatre as our main base of operations,” said Fozzie.

“Search party? How big is this town?” asked Gobo.

“Not real big, but lots of nooks and cranies for a Fraggle like you to hide,” said Fozzie.

“Oh no! We’ll never find her,” said Gobo losing hope for the first time.

“Don’t talk like that Gobo! Of course we will,” said Maggie.

“All right, well why don’t I take you guys to the theatre,” said Fozzie.

“The what?” asked Gobo.

“What what?” asked Fozzie.

“I asked you,” said Gobo.

“Ok, this could go on for awhile, come on Fozzie, let’s go. We can explain on the way. I need to call home so we need to get going!” exclaimed Maggie breaking up the banter.

The three of them turned and rushed out of the train station to head to the theatre.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“It’s so late Kermit, nothing will be open,” said Rowlf as he, Kermit, Gonzo and Scooter walked down the main street of Hensonville.

“Well, the library is open until midnight some nights. I thought we could check with Kim and see if she’s seen Red,” said Kermit.

“Good idea,” said Rowlf.

“I suppose we could knock on some doors, but people might not like that if they’re sleeping,” said Scooter.

“We could just go up to the houses that have lights on,” said Rowlf.

“Or we could tell people that we’re going door to door because we’re about to be invaded by Chocolate Exploding Socks and we need to evacuate!” exclaimed Gonzo.

“Uh, I don’t think that’s such a good idea Gonzo,” said Kermit as the other three glared at him.

“We’ll just look as well as we can tonight and we’ll continue tomorrow when things are open,” said Scooter.

“Right, she has to be somewhere,” said Kermit.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Doc?” asked Red when she opened her eyes to face the familiar furry dog and silly creature she knew and loved.

“Red Fraggle! What are you doing here?” asked Doc as he bent down to her level.

“It’s a long story, but boy am I glad to see you! I didn’t think that this is where you lived in Outer Space. I thought you lived in the desert thing,” said Red.

“I do live in the desert. Sprocket and I are here to visit my niece Amy. She’s going to school here in Hensonville and lives in this house with her friend Sara,” said Doc.

“Oh! That explains it I guess,” said Red.

“That still doesn’t explain what you’re doing here so far away from Fraggle Rock,” said Doc.

“I suppose it doesn’t,” said Red.

“Would you like to come inside with me and Sprocket and talk about it? My niece and her friend are real nice. They’ll probably let you stay here too,” said Doc.

“Yeah, that would be nice,” said Red and she allowed Doc to pick her up and carry her inside as Sprocket jumped around barking excitedly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After turning up nothing from Kim at the library Kermit turned to the others and asked if they thought they should continue.

“I don’t know Boss, it’s getting really late. Red’s probably found a place to sleep,” said Scooter.

“You’re probably right. Let’s head back to the theatre and see if my sister has gotten here yet and then we can get some sleep and head back out first thing in the morning,” said Kermit.

“Hey Scooter, isn’t this your new girlfriend’s house?” asked Rowlf as they walked by a house with a light on.

“Yeah, she lives there with her friend Amy. I’m surprised the light is on. Oh well, I’ll talk to her tomorrow,” said Scooter as they kept on walking.

“Maybe she’ll have seen Red,” said Kermit.

They worked their way back to Main Street and up to the theatre.

“Mit!” exclaimed Maggie and ran to give Kermit a hug.

“Hey Mags! You made it! Where’s Gobo?” asked Kermit.

“He’s over there talking to Robin,” said Maggie.

“Robin’s still up? His father will kill me!” said Kermit.

“I won’t say anything to Jimmy, don’t worry,” said Maggie.

“I’m sorry Kermie, he was so excited to see another Fraggle. Moi can’t resist his sweet little eyes, they remind me of vous,” said Piggy.

“It’s ok. I should talk to Gobo,” said Kermit. He headed over to where Gobo and Robin were talking.

“I’ll go to bed now Uncle Kermit! I’m sorry!” said Robin and hopped over to curl up with Maggie in a seat. Kermit smiled then turned to Gobo.

“We haven’t found her yet,” said Kermit.

“I remember you. You came to Fraggle Rock once!” said Gobo.

“Yeah. No one believed Robin and me for so long after that, but now they do!” said Kermit.

“Do you think she got real far?” asked Gobo worriedly.

“No, I don’t. I think she’s somewhere in town and I promise we’ll find her tomorrow, but we’re thinking we should get some sleep,” said Kermit.

“No! We have to find her now! She’s not as strong as she looks! We need to find her!” burst out Gobo. He was so exhausted from his trip both physically and emotionally and he was more worried now than ever about Red.

“Gobo, you have to trust me, everything will be just fine,” said Kermit.

“Ok, I’m sorry. I guess I’m just really tired,” said Gobo. Kermit forgave him and then told him to sleep where he could be comfortable. Everyone had pretty much crashed all over the theatre instead of going to the boarding house to sleep. It was for the best since Red had only been to the theatre, maybe she’d find her way back there.

Soon everyone was sleeping and snoring loudly in chairs, in the rafters, on the stage.

Gobo was wide awake.

“I hope Red is ok,” he thought. He turned over to try and fall asleep.

“Magic…,” something whispered.

“What?” thought Gobo and sat up.

“You can not leave the magic,” something whispered again.

“I already know that!” Gobo whispered back.

“Just remember the magic,” the voice said again and then it was silent.

“Remember the magic. Ok, I will. I don’t know how that will help me though,” whispered Gobo and then fell into a very gentle sleep.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
1.) THANK YOU for posting a second chapter in honor of my birthday! I feel so... honored!
2.) AWESOME chapter! "The magic..." <shivers> oh my wow! I love it. And why, why, WHY don't they go and talk to Amy and Sara now and just... OY! They were SO CLOSE! <Sigh> Well, tomorrow, I guess... I just hope that they get an early start, and that Red doesn't. Then they'll find her! <Excited> Oh I can't wait!
3.) Just a minor thing, though, you had Fozzie, Maggie, and Gobo running out of the theater when I'm pretty sure they should be running out of the train station... No big deal, of course, just thought I'd point that out. But AWESOME CHAPTER!!!! I LOVE IT!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out Lisa! Found it and fixed it!

Glad you enjoyed it, I hope everyone else does too! :smile: More tomorrow!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I second what my, er froggy sister said.

The best part of this chapter to me... The image of all the Muppets sprawled out in the theater sleeping everywhere. And the nod to the rest of Hensonville, the library with Kim...
Hugs to you Beth... Now if you'll hexcuse me, I have some more reading to do, and a few presents to hand out.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Fifteen:

Doc set Red down in a chair and poured them each a glass of water.

“Now Red, do you want to tell me what is going on and I’ve come to find you out here, away from Fraggle Rock?” asked Doc.

“It’s such a long story,” said Red.

“I’ve got time,” said Doc as Sprocket curled up at his feet.

“Uncle Doc? Is that you?” asked a voice coming into the room.

“Yes Amy, I’m in the kitchen,” said Doc. Two young women entered the room.

“Oh my gosh! Uncle Doc! Is this what I think it is?” asked Amy.

“Yes, this is a Fraggle. Her name is Red. Red, this is my niece Amy and her roommate Sara,” said Doc.

“Wow, she’s so cute!” said Sara giggling.

“I don’t feel real cute right now,” said Red remembering that she was more or less a mess.

“We can help you clean up if you’d like,” said Amy.

“First, I want to talk to Red about why she is here,” said Doc. Amy and Sara knew well enough to leave them alone and left the room.

“She looks like the type of creature that would fit in real well with your new boyfriend and his group,” said Amy to Sara.

“Yeah, she does sort of look like a Muppet. It’s too late to call Scooter now; they’re all probably fast asleep at the boarding house. I’ll call him in the morning and see what he knows about Fraggles,” said Sara.

Back in the kitchen Red was telling Doc her story for the third time in so many days. Each time she told someone about it she felt more and more drained. Finally she told him about the phone call from the swamp and how she was told Gobo never wanted to see her again.

Doc listened patiently and then said, “Red, do you think it’s possible that there is a misunderstanding here?”

“What do you mean?” asked Red.

“Why do you think Gobo would come all that way to find you and tell you not to come back to Fraggle Rock? Don’t you think if he didn’t want to see you he just would leave you out here alone?” asked Doc.

“I don’t know. I thought maybe Mokey sent him,” said Red.

“Yes but if Gobo didn’t want to see you ever again, wouldn’t he have sent his Uncle Matt instead? Uncle Matt could have reported back to the others just as easily as Gobo,” said Doc.

Suddenly Red felt as if she was being lifted out of a fog.

“He doesn’t hate me! He wanted to see me! The little frogs got it wrong!” exclaimed Red.

“We’ll get this straightened out first thing tomorrow. I think Sara is dating a young man who works at the theatre with Kermit, and I know Kermit too,” said Doc.

“You know Kermit?” asked Red.

“We spent Christmas together once. It’s a long story. Anyway, we’ll get you back to that theatre and then back to the swamp and hopefully Gobo will be there!” exclaimed Doc.

“That will be great! Thanks!” exclaimed Red. Doc smiled and then showed her where she could sleep for the rest of the night.

It was quiet in the house and she could’ve sworn she heard a voice.

“Magic….,” said the voice.

“Huh? What?” whispered Red. She didn’t want anyone else to hear her or they might think she was crazy. When nothing responded she turned back over to sleep.

“You cannot leave the magic….,” the voice said again.

“I haven’t heard that in the longest time!” whispered Red again. Then she thought maybe she was so tired she was imagining things so she fell back asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morning came and slowly individuals began waking up in the theatre. Gobo woke up with an odd sense of peace that had washed over him.

“Morning Gobo,” said Kermit.

“Morning Kermit. Let’s get started with looking. I have this feeling,” said Gobo.

“Huh, that’s odd, I’ve got a good feeling too,” said Kermit. He gathered himself, Gobo, Scooter and Rowlf together to begin looking while the others continued waking up.

They stepped outside into a beautiful sunny day.

“Well, where should we start?” asked Scooter.

“Didn’t you say your girlfriend lived in that one house we passed last night?” asked Rowlf.

“Yeah, I suppose we could go and see if she’s seen anything,” said Scooter.

The quartet started walking towards the edge of town.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Red woke early and let the girls fuss over her cleaning her up and making her feel normal again. They didn’t pull her hair into pigtails, but they washed and brushed it for her. They also gave her a clean shirt to wear that was just a little too big, but at least it wasn’t dirty. Red felt better than she had in days.

“I’m going to call over to the boarding house and see if Scooter’s there,” said Sara.

“Wouldn’t they be at the theatre thingy I went to yesterday?” asked Red.

“Usually they go home every night to sleep so I don’t think they’d be there yet,” said Sara. She called the boarding house and got no answer.

“Hmm, that’s odd,” said Sara.

“Maybe they’re already at the theatre?” asked Doc. Sara dialed up the theatre. The problem was, without Kermit or Scooter there, no one else ever bothered to answer the phone so it rang and rang.

“Well this is silly, come on, let’s go to the theatre,” said Amy.

The four of them set out towards Main Street on a slightly different path than Kermit, Scooter, Rowlf and Gobo were taking to get to Sara and Amy’s.

Kermit, Scooter, Rowlf and Gobo arrived at the house minutes after the others had left. Scooter went up and rang the doorbell. Of course, no one answered.

“Hmm, that’s strange,” said Scooter.

“Why is that?” asked Kermit.

“Well, Sara’s roommate’s Uncle is in town visiting so I thought maybe they’d be here,” said Scooter.

“Maybe they’re out showing him around,” said Rowlf.

“We met him once before Kermit that Christmas we spent out at Fozzie’s mom’s farmhouse” said Scooter.

“You mean Doc is here?” asked Kermit.

“Doc? You guys know someone named Doc?” asked Gobo.

“Yeah, he’s this nice guy with a dog named Sprocket. Good friend of Fozzie Bear’s mother Emily. He spent Christmas with us a couple of years ago. In fact that’s when I first met you!” said Kermit.

“Doc! I know him! We’ve got to find him!” Gobo exclaimed and started jumping up and down.

“Magic...,” a voice said in the wind.

“What was that?” asked Kermit.

“I don’t know but we’re going to follow it,” said Gobo.

Two blocks away Red was walking with Doc and the girls when suddenly she heard the voice again too.

“You cannot leave the magic….,” said the voice.

“What in the world?” asked Amy.

“You guys heard that? I think it’s a sign,” said Red. And she turned to follow where the voice was coming from.

“Wait Red, the theatre is this way!” said Sara.

“I don’t care, I’m going this way!” said Red walking back towards the house.

“Magic….,” the voice said once more.

Gobo turned the corner with the others in tow and then couldn’t believe what he saw.

“Red!” he exclaimed.

“Gobo!” yelled Red.

They both forgot about the others who were with them, about everything that had happened over the last few days and where they were at the present moment and they ran to each other and embraced.

“Gobo, I…” started Red.

“I love you Red Fraggle,” said Gobo.

“I love you too Gobo Fraggle,” said Red with emotion in her voice. Nothing else mattered. They were together now.

Author's note: No, this isn't the ending. Sure I could leave it here, but I'm not going to. Expect at least one more chapter and then probably an epilogue. Besides, they're still in Outer Space so I can't leave it this way!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just so long as you follow your heart... And the magic, I know you'll bring them back to the Rock in time.

Rully nice chapter, helped get the two Fraggles together at last... And I love that you made Doc's niece, Sara's roommate, a girl named Amy. Nice continued nod to Christy's Fraggle fic.
Look forward to however you finish this one Beth.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhh! It's SO Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I love it, I just love and adore it! Oh I hug it! <Dances cares away>

MORE PLEASE!