Love's Long Journey

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey froggy sis... Left you a present over in my story and back at the dorms. Hopefully you've found them by now.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
aww...thanks for leading us on a wonderful path. It is a really nice story. I can't wait to see what will happen when all the fraggles are back together. Are you going to have Doc and Sprocket at their weddings'?

Smiles

Reaction score
Okay this chapter gets 4 yays from me:

Yay! For Doc, because he's cool and fixes things (not just material things either)

Yay! For the search party, because they're all searching, and partyish

And 2 extra-special Yays! for Beth, for writing this grand story that I adore so much

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Sixteen:

In the Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies, the four Fraggles fell asleep missing their friends. When they awoke in the morning, something felt different.

Mokey noticed it first. “Hey Boober! Wake up! Something has changed overnight” she exclaimed excitedly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. And that’s the last time I spend a night in a patch of leaves,” said Boober sleepily sitting up.

“No, Mokey’s right, there’s something in the air,” said Wembley.

“I wonder if Gobo’s found Red yet?” wondered Lou aloud.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Red and Gobo were happily reunited and suddenly realized they were still in Outer Space.

“Gobo, I want to go home,” said Red.

“I’ll be happy to take you there! I just wish there was a faster way to get there,” said Gobo.

“Maybe there is,” said Doc.

“What?” asked Gobo and Red at the same time.

Kermit smiled, he knew what Doc was thinking.

“Gobo, you told me that you can NOT leave the magic right?” asked Doc.

“Right,” said Gobo hesitantly.

“Well, who’s to say that there isn’t a Fraggle hole somewhere here in Hensonville!” exclaimed Doc.

“He’s right! We found a Fraggle hole at Fozzie’s mom’s house way out in the country, there’s got to be one here!” said Kermit.

“But where would it be? This place is so big,” said Red.

Suddenly the same voice in the wind spoke again, “Magic…”

“We’re going to follow the sound of that voice! I bet that will lead us to a Fraggle hole!” exclaimed Gobo.

So Gobo and Red turned to follow the voice. Sara, Scooter, Amy, Doc, Kermit and Rowlf followed behind them. The voice kept whispering the word magic and getting louder as it led them to the theatre.

“The theatre! You mean, we’ve got a Fraggle hole?” exclaimed Kermit. He was really getting caught up in the excitement, it was a little unlike him. But, there was something special and magical about this day.

“Hurry! Let’s go inside!” squealed Red.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the Cavern in Fraggle Rock, Wembley looked up the stream a little ways and saw a light.

“Hey guys! Was that light there yesterday?” asked Wembley.

“I don’t think it was!” said Mokey.

“I’m not sure what I think anymore,” said Boober. He had to admit that Mokey was right. Something had changed overnight.

“Well what are we waiting for? Let’s check it out!” exclaimed Lou.

The four of them crept closer to the light and found it was another tunnel.

“Where did this come from?” asked Boober.

“I don’t know but let’s explore it!” said Mokey. As they began to walk, an old familiar tune began to play.

Magic, magic be with you each morning, each evening too. For the magic, magic is in every moment, even in you,”

“This is something special!” exclaimed Mokey. The others were just silent. Something incredible was going on.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo and Red burst into the theatre and followed the sound of the voice all the way up to the stage and then behind it.

“What’s going on?” asked Fozzie as they rushed by.

“I don’t know but do you hear that music?” asked Gonzo.

The same melody could be heard in the theatre. “Magic, magic be with you each morning, each evening too. For the magic, magic is in every moment, even in you.”

“Uncle Kermit! What is going on?” asked Robin hopping over to his uncle.

“The most amazing thing I’ve ever seen Robin,” said Kermit picking his nephew up and giving him a hug.

“I don’t see a hole,” said Red getting discouraged.

All of a sudden Sprocket started barking at a large box that was in front of the wall.

“That’s right Sprocket! We found our Fraggle hole after we moved that box!” said Doc.

“Ok, guys, you heard the man, move that box!” exclaimed Kermit.

Fozzie and Rowlf moved the box out of the way to reveal a large hole.

“We found it!” rejoiced Red.

“Red? Is that you?” came a voice from inside the hole. Suddenly Mokey emerged with Boober, Wembley and Lou in tow.

“Mokey!” exclaimed Red and gave her dear friend a hug.

“How did you guys get here?” asked Gobo.

“There was this light in the Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies and a voice telling us to follow the magic!” said Wembley.

“Wow, this tunnel leads to the Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies. I think that’s real appropriate don’t you?” asked Gobo turning to Red. Red smiled and nodded.

“Oh! Are you guys together?” asked Mokey.

Gobo and Red took each others hands and turned to face them.

“Yes we are, the way it is meant to be,” said Red.

The Muppets watched as the Fraggles were happily reunited and joined in the celebration. Red knew it was time to go home though.

“It’s so hard to say goodbye to you all. You’ve helped us so much,” said Red.

“We can’t thank you enough,” said Gobo.

“Well, we won’t ever cover up this Fraggle hole. I hope that you guys will feel that you can come and visit us anytime,” said Kermit.

“We will. I think that this is the beginning of something amazing,” said Gobo.

“I couldn’t have said it better myself,” said Red. She gave everyone hugs and then her and Gobo turned and followed the others back to Fraggle Rock.

They stopped and spent some time in the Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies.

“Gobo, I was wrong. Change is good,” said Red.

“Love is good too. It may have taken us on a long journey though,” said Gobo.

“But love led us here,” said Red.

The End

Stay tuned for an Epilogue!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Still waiting for the epilogue.
Rully appropriate there'd be a Fraggle hole in the theater... And the way they found it, just how Doc found the first one in his workshop so long ago...

And then the others following the light with the song just like in the last episode...
Rully good stuff Beth, look forward to however you wrap this story up.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Short epilogue for you guys! Thanks so much for all of your support on this story! I had a really great time writing it. Who knows, maybe there will be a sequel! :wink:

Epilogue

A short time later a large gathering was being held at Emily Bear’s farmhouse in the country. It was the day that Mokey and Boober, Wembley and Lou and Gobo and Red were having their wedding ceremony.

It was decided that it would be held at the farmhouse because both residents of Fraggle Rock and Outer Space would be able to attend.

And boy did they attend! Cantus was there to perform the ceremony and he had the Minstrels providing the music. Uncle Matt, Convincing John, Tosh, Cotterpin Doozer and many others from the Rock sat mixed in with all types of Silly Creatures.

Kermit and Piggy sat together with Robin. Maggie and Croaker came from the swamp and brought Ed and Lisa with them. Sara and Scooter sat with Amy and smiled as their wedding would be taking place in not much longer of time. Rowlf and Wanda sat with Gonzo and Camilla. Floyd and Janice and the rest of the Electric Mayhem sat together ready to play music for the dance that would be held after the ceremony. Fozzie sat with his mother who was more than happy to open her home once again.
Doc and Sprocket had a place of honor up in the very front of the room. Noticeably absent was the Trash Heap who just couldn’t make the journey, but she was there with them in spirit. Even the Gorgs were sitting in the very back of the room squished in with Sweetums.

Finally it was time for the ceremony to begin. The six Fraggles processed in from the Fraggle hole and came to face Cantus in the very front of the room. The girls were dressed very simply in white gowns. The guys wore simple black clothes.

“Fraggles, Silly Creatures, Gorgs and others. We gather here today to celebrate the love that six young Fraggles feel for one another,” said Cantus.

Gobo squeezed Red’s hand.

“We have watched these young Fraggles grow and come of age. It is a natural progression for them to move on to the next step. Nothing could make me happier than to unite them in marriage today,” said Cantus.

The ceremony progressed with a sharing of vows for each set of couples and then they were declared married.

Everyone in the room broke out in thunderous applause as each couple kissed and then walked down the aisle in the middle of the room.

The six friends stepped outside to have a private moment together before joining the others at the party.

“We did it!” exclaimed Mokey.

“I’m so happy,” said Lou hugging Wembley.

“I’ll admit, this is the greatest day of my life,” said Red.

“Now comes the next step in the life of a Fraggle! We get to start having Fragglets!” exclaimed Mokey.

Gobo smiled at Red and everyone laughed as she paled a little bit.

“Are you going to run away again if everyone starts having Fragglets?” teased Gobo.

Red paused for a second before responding. “No. It’s part of the journey and I’m ready to face it head on. We’re doing this together,” said Red.

With that all six Fraggles joined hands and walked together back to the party and to start the rest of their lives.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... A rully nice story, and a rully nice epilogue.
Great how it was held at Grizzly Farms... But how did the Gorgs get there?
Rully a splendid cast of couples scattered about in the farmhouse... Glad that this story has a happy ending and you're feeling better Beth... If a sequel comes, let it come. If not, then maybe you can focus on other stuff.
Anyway, thanks for the story.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
awww...*tears* such a sweet story. I loved the ending. Thanks for writing an epilogue too. It is one of my favorite stories on here besides sara's oh I just love both of you guys stories. You both have amazing imaginations.:smile: Again loved this story.

-Sandee

theprawncracker

Reaction score
BETH! AMAZING!! Simply amazing!! This was so worth you putting off your SS story! I love love loved it!! Especcially the Muppets intertwined in the story with the Fraggles, very very awesome! Thanks for this awesome story Beth!

Your pal,
Ryan
theprawncracker

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
BETH! AMAZING!! Simply amazing!! This was so worth you putting off your SS story! I love love loved it!! Especcially the Muppets intertwined in the story with the Fraggles, very very awesome! Thanks for this awesome story Beth!

Your pal,
Ryan
theprawncracker
RYAN!!!!!!!!!!! You found time to read my story while you were here! I'm so excited that you read it and liked it! I hope you're back here to stay with us real soon buddy, we miss you! Anyway, glad you liked it! :smile: