Love's Long Journey

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The Count said:
Rully nice Beth... And since my own story won't get there in a while... Approve of the song choice.
Rully glad Red got to meet Kermit's family in the swamp and will now meet the rest of the gang in the theater... again.
Yes, it's been stuck in my head ever since you started writing that story and suddenly this scene just played out in my mind and there you have it. :smile: I am looking forward to more of your story when you get the chance Ed! (gee, nagging in my own story, now that's a first...oh wait, I think Lisa's done that at least once)

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Weee! I love this story so much Beth!! *pulls muffins out of the oven, and passes them around* Really good fresh hot muffins!! *eats one herself* Yummy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Hey, thanks for the banana nut muffin Sara. Now then, about this story of yours Beth... Can we get some more, please?

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
aww..so sweet. The song fit perfectly. In fact one could even imagine Gobo pulling out his guitar and playing it. It was such a cute scene, I can't wait to read the next chapter. :smile:

Smiles

Reaction score
YESSSSS! a path! Yes Gobo, theres hope again!

Don't mind if I do *Eats muffin* yumm

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, Beth, it's so sweet! And not just the song- I mean, goodness knows that's awesome, but- Red! And, just the fact that there's stars... And Gobo and Red have never seen stars... and it's just... stars... I've got a weak spot for stars, can you tell? And then, Croaker coming for Maggie, and Red wondering if Gobo wanted to walk with her like that... <whimpers>

And, the next morning, Gobo finding the Doozer sticks! Ooh! It's a clue! All right, Gobo- Follow that Fraggle!!!!!! ...<blink>... <scratches neck> I think this whole song business is gettin' me confused. That, or overly referencey... <shrug>

redBoobergurl said:
(gee, nagging in my own story, now that's a first...oh wait, I think Lisa's done that at least once)
Oh, I can think of at least one occasion off the top of my head, there's probably more... Hm, yes, I seem to recall that... Mm-hm... And then there was that time... <blushes> I guess I just nag a lot, don't I?

And hey, speaking of nagging! MORE PLEASE!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right here's chapter nine, hopefully enough to tide you all over for the weekend because I don't think I'll be able to write again until Monday. I'm getting ready to move into the house my fiance and I will be living in after the wedding. So anyway, just think, I'll have the whole weekend to be creating in my mind and then I'll have even more great stuff on Monday! In the meantime, enjoy!

Chapter Nine:

Red found her seat on the train and waited for it to leave. It was big and loud and she was a little frightened by it. She didn’t like to admit that either. Suddenly the train lunged forward and began to move.

Red curled up into a ball and hoped it would be over soon. She was beginning to feel like maybe she had made a mistake. She couldn’t wait to see Kermit even though she could barely remember him, she had a feeling he would be able to help her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Down in Fraggle Rock, Mokey, Boober, Wembley and Lou were busily preparing for their wedding ceremonies. They were working on arranging flowers.

“I wonder how Gobo is doing,” said Wembley.

“Do you think he’s found Red yet?” asked Lou.

“I don’t know, but I do know that we are going to wait until he and Red safely come back before we have our ceremonies. Red is my best friend and I won’t do this without her,” said Mokey.

“What if she hasn’t changed her mind about all of this though?” asked Boober.

“I know she will. She’ll feel completely different when she sees Gobo traveled all that way for her,” said Mokey.

“I hope you’re right,” said Wembley.

“Hey Wembley? How did you know when you decided you liked me?” asked Lou.

“Oh, um, I don’t know, I started feeling kind of funny,” said Wembley.

“Really? How?” asked Lou.

“Well, it went something like this,” said Wembley then he began to sing, “Why do birds, suddenly appear? Every time, you are near? Just like me, they long to be, close to you.”

“Hey, that’s kind of how I feel about Mokey too,” said Boober and also began to sing, “Why do stars fall down from the sky? Every time, you walk by? Just like me, they long to be, close to you.”

“On the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to make a dream come true. So they sprinkled doozer dust in your hair of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue,” sang Wembley and Boober together circling round the girls.

“That is why all the Fraggles in the rock, follow you, all around, just like me, they long to be, close to you,” sang Wembley to Lou.

Lou and Mokey jumped up and started dancing around Wembley and Boober. “On the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to make a dream come true. So they sprinkled doozer dust in your hair of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue,” they sang together.

“That is why, all the Fraggles in the rock, follow you, all around, just like me, they long to be, close to you,” sang the girls.

“Wahhhhh, close to you, wahhhhh, close to you,” sang all four. Boober gave Mokey a peck on the cheek while Wembley gave Lou a hug.

“That’s so sweet Wembley. I hope Red will realize that Gobo feels that way about her,” said Lou.

“And hopefully she’ll feel the same way about Gobo,” said Mokey. Then they went back to arranging their flowers.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo followed the path of doozer sticks all the way to the tree where the bird’s nest was.

“There’s no more doozer sticks. I wonder where she could’ve gone next?” thought Gobo. He looked all around the tree and was beginning to get a little discouraged. Then he remembered something his Uncle Matt had said.

“Look high, look low, look all around you, Outer Space has many places for a Fraggle to hide,” Uncle Matt had said.

So, Gobo looked up at the tree. He saw the bird’s nest and something red sticking out of it.

“I wonder if Red’s up there?” he thought and then turned his attention as to how to get up there. He figured out pretty quickly that he could climb up the side of the tree.

He got to the top and climbed into the bird’s nest.

“It’s Red’s bag!” he exclaimed and for a moment was excited then stopped. “Wait, well, here’s Red’s bag, but then, where is Red?” he thought.

He looked all around and noticed the shiny round things that Red had seen when she was up there. But he didn’t see any sign of Red.

“Did some horrible creature that lives here do something with her?” he thought and became very worried.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The train finally roared to a stop after not too long of time. “Maggie was right, that wasn’t such a long trip,” thought Red as she stood up and hurried off the train. It may have been a short trip but she was eager to leave the noisy scary contraption behind.

She stepped off the train and looked around her new surroundings. She saw no sign of any frog.

“I hope he’s here,” she thought and began to walk around the station. There were many people rushing around.

“Excuse me,” said one person nearly stepping on her.

“You’re in the way!” exclaimed another that tripped over her.

“I’m sorry, excuse me,” she said as person after person either tripped on her or almost stepped on her.

“Red Fraggle? Are you here? It’s me, Kermit the Frog!” came Kermit’s voice from behind her.

“I’m here! Over here!” exclaimed Red. Kermit found her and grabbed her out of the crowd and got her to the other side of the train station.

“I remember you! You were the spunky Fraggle!” exclaimed Kermit.

“Yeah, I guess that’s me,” said Red. She kind of remembered Kermit now that she saw him, but it had been a really long time. He also sounded a little different than she remembered.

“My nephew is going to be so excited to see you,” chatted Kermit as they walked out of the train station.

“Your nephew? I thought I already met your nephew at the swamp,” said Red.

“Um, you probably met multiple nephews of mine at the swamp,” said Kermit.

“Ok…” said Red a little confused.

“I’ll explain on the way to the theatre. I hope you don’t mind we have rehearsals for our show this weekend,” said Kermit.

“The what? Huh?” asked Red. She was more confused than ever. At least the swamp was somewhat similar to home. This was completely different.

“Don’t worry, I’ll explain everything,” said Kermit patiently. Maggie had explained to him on the phone that everything would be foreign to the Fraggle.

Red hoped she wasn’t making a mistake. She was still missing her friends and now she was beginning to feel homesick for the world she was used to.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Ooh...I love this story so much!!! Happy moving day to you!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... A great chapter. Using that song by the Carpenters, nice.
Kermit picking Red at the train station, he'll have to explain a lot lest she get swept up in the chaos at the theater.
Gobo following the Doozersticks up the tree to the nest and finding Red's bag...

Wait, you're moving? And getting married?!? Aw man, we'll have to brak out the penguins and start practicing Somebody's Getting Married.