Love's Long Journey

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
She'll be just as squealing as I am! OOH I love this chapter so so much!! It's so nice, and well thought out, and emotional...and the REFERENCES......It's just frekaing awesome!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<points at screen and jumps around> AVIZIEE! GAZILZIOBEDIDAMEBAGEDEDOOBEMA! BLEGALZIVIMADEO! HO-LY-MOS-QUI-TOES!!!!!!!!!! It's Maggie! And Jane! And me! And Ed! And abiziogadameBAmeada! WOW! Oh my gosh I hug you immensely!!!!!!! AUNT MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <giggles and jumps around> And- and- and- I swear, there was other stuff I wanted to comment on before I read that, but- OY MY HOLY MOSQUITOES! And JERRY'S! I love that guy, I love that pizza place, I love that telephone... What? Oh and I love that nickname! Mit! Yay! <dances>

Okay, okay, okay, calming down, remembering other wonderful parts... Um, Gobo! Gobo Gobo Gobo I KNEW it! I just KNEW he'd go after her! And he DID! And he figured out REAL quick that Red would head to the forest, and he's going right after her, and- and- and- EEEE! Oh, and Red's bag! She lost it! Wonder if Gobo might find it. Oh well, she'll be fine now, on the way to the theater, I'm sure they'll take care of her... Oh, and the reactions to her going into Outer Space! Ooh! And Gobo thinking she'd be sitting at the hole, too scared to go any farther, and... Oh... <hugs a teddy> But what a great two chapters, Oh my oy my wow I love it!

And, love the description of how "chaos was king" at the Muppet Theater. King Chaos! Ooh! Fun!

And please please please please please please please PLEASE more story! Please oh please oh please, and one more thing- What's a train? <giggles>

...Oh, and uh, by the way... You know all that, um, non-English stuff at the begining of the post? ...Yeah, um, I really did say that. Well, actually... I kinda squealed it...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow. I think that's the most squealing in a post from Lisa I've seen in awhile now. XD But yeah...I second all of those emotions, Lisa!!!

Smiles

Reaction score
Ohmygoodness! How great was that? Well, I'll tell you. REAL GREAT, (gee I need to get a bigger vocabulary). And RED IS GOING TO THE MUPPET THEATER!?!?!

Gobo's never gonna find her...

Uh, what I mean to say is I'm sure you can do it Gobo! Good Luck! (you'll need it...)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Wow. I think that's the most squealing in a post from Lisa I've seen in awhile now. XD But yeah...I second all of those emotions, Lisa!!!
<blushes> Well, I- I guess I uh, I kinda needed a good squeal. But, it's very well justified squealing! <Hugs the whole thread>

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
<blushes> Well, I- I guess I uh, I kinda needed a good squeal. But, it's very well justified squealing! <Hugs the whole thread>
Yes, this story deserves A+ squeals of happiness. *Shoves Lisa over to the side a little so she can hug the thread along with her*

I like this thread, it's nice and soft and full of suspense!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Isn't it? And it's squishy, too! <hugs thread tighter> Oh, and you know what else it is? It's incredibly captivating. I was sitting at dinner tonight, thinking about it, and my mother was insisting that, although I claimed to be in "Lisa Land," I had a very specific thought. She asked, "Is it green felt?" I said, "Well, it's felt, but it's not green. Fraggles." She just kinda looked at me, cause she doesn't know Fraggles too well. Then I tried to tell her about our house while speaking entirely in German, which didn't work at all.

Hey you know what else this thread is? Muffined. Or if it isn't, it will be soon, I can smell the muffins in the oven. So could someone who isn't busy hugging the whole thread please go and take them out before they burn? <turns to Renee> That way we can eat the muffins while we hug the thread without having to stop! Yay! <turns to Beth> I hope you don't mind... <continues hugging>

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*enjoying a nice blueberry muffin*

Hey, it's actually an honor to have my thread be muffined in some weird way....

Anyway, *HUGE HUGS* to all of you for reading and responding to my story, it really makes me feel good and motivates me to keep going! Which I intend to do quite a bit tomorrow since I have nothing going on at work until late afternoon! I'm so glad you all like the references and Ed, you caught them all! I can't tell you how much fun this story has been to write, it is probably my favorite of the ones I've done so far.

And there's SO much more to come. Stay tuned! More tomorrow, must sleep now and get good ideas in my dreams. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right, I attempted something with a song in this chapter because it seemed to fit. If it gets a little jumpy, I apologize, but I just really felt the need to use this song because it seemed so perfect for the scene. Enjoy!

Chapter Eight:

Gobo didn’t mind the darkness of the forest, but did notice it began to get even darker as night fell. He realized he wasn’t going to get very far, so he searched for someplace to rest. He saw a bush and decided that was as good a place as any.

“I can’t wait to find her,” he thought as he opened his backpack to eat some doozer sticks.

He laid back and looked up at the sky. He recognized the bright twinkling things as what his Uncle Matt called stars. “Wow, those are beautiful. I hope Red is somewhere out here under these very stars,” thought Gobo to himself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Over in the swamp Red was sitting back looking at the very same stars. Maggie came up behind her.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” asked Maggie.

“I’ve never seen anything like this! What are they?” asked Red.

“They’re called stars,” said Maggie smiling. Red reminded her of her nieces and nephews, so curious and full of wonder. But, she had to remind herself that Red was new to the world they knew.

“I think they’re the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. If Mokey was here she would want to paint them,” said Red.

“Who’s Mokey?” asked Maggie.

“Oh, she’s my or I should say, she was my best friend,” said Red a little sadly. She wasn’t sure why, but it was beginning to ache a little bit to think of her friends.

“Oh, I see,” said Maggie not wanting to press further. She knew this poor little Fraggle had been through a lot.

“Want to go for a walk babe” came a male voice approaching the two of them. Maggie turned around to see Croaker standing there.

“I probably shouldn’t leave Red alone here,” said Maggie.

“No, it’s ok, go ahead,” said Red.

“All right, I’ll be back,” said Maggie and stood up to take Croaker’s hand as they slowly walked away.

Red watched them and smiled a little. “I wonder if Gobo wanted to walk with me like that,” she thought. Suddenly she felt a little strange thinking about that.

“Would that have been so bad?” she thought. For as long as she could remember she liked to compete with Gobo, there was no one she’d rather beat. The more she thought though, she started realizing that there was also no one she had more fun with, no one who made her smile so much, and no one who made her feel quite so special for just being her.

“What’s wrong with me?” she said out loud trying to break away from her thoughts. It was wrong; she shouldn’t go down that path. Besides, she already messed everything up. That’s why she left and that’s why she needed to go forward. Hopefully Kermit could help her.

Red sighed. She still couldn’t help missing her friends, even Gobo.

She looked up at the stars again and quietly began to sing.

One little star, all alone in the sky, Do you ever get lonely as the twilight drifts by?
One little star, in the darkening blue
Do you long for another just the way that I do?”

Not too far away from the swamp, upstream and in the forest, Gobo continued looking at the same stars and also softly sang.

“Sky begins to fill, darkness ends the day. Someone who I love is far away.
One little star, reaching far through the night, do you shine on my someone, are we sharing your light? Oh one little star, shine on us both tonight.”

Back at the swamp Red began to speak, “I wish Mokey was here to sing me a lullaby and Wembley, Boober and Gobo were here and we’d all be together. Everything would be like it was. I wonder what they’re all doing tonight.”

Then at the same time, in different places, Gobo and Red both sang, “One little star, reaching far through the night, would you shine on my someone, so we’re sharing your light, oh one little star, shine on us all tonight.”

“Hang on Red, I’ll find you,” said Gobo. Then he curled up and went to sleep.

At the swamp, Red realized she was really sad. “I’m so sorry you guys, I'm so sorry Gobo.” she said even though she knew they couldn’t hear her, she hoped somehow, someday, the words would get back to them. Then she stood up and went to where they had made up her bed to go to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morning came quickly and Red awoke to Lisa and Ed and some other young frogs jumping on her bed.

“Wake up Red! You gotta catch a train!” said Lisa!

“You’re going to see Uncle Kermit and Cousin Robin!” said Ed.

“All right, I’m up,” said Red climbing out of bed. She realized she was a mess from the ordeal she had experienced so far. She did her best to pull her hair back out of her face and then went to meet up with Maggie.

“Ok, I’ll ride into town with you and put you on the train, and then Kermit will meet you in Hensonville. It’s not a long ride, but none of us drive, so it’s easier to send you on the train,” said Maggie.

“Sure,” said Red still a little confused as to what would be happening.

“Here, I made you some snacks and put a few other things in this bag for you,” said Jane approaching them.

“Wow, thanks,” said Red. Then it was time for her to go. She thanked Maggie and Jane and gave them each a hug. It was a little difficult since she was smaller than them. Then she hugged Ed and Lisa.

“Thanks for finding me, if you hadn’t, I don’t know what would have happened next,” said Red. Then she turned and started walking towards town with Maggie so she could get on the train that would take her on the next leg of her adventure.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo awoke and decided to get an early start on his journey. He started walking deeper into the forest when something on the ground caught his eye. It was a doozer stick.

“A doozer stick? In Outer Space?” he questioned. He picked it up and walked a few more feet. There was another one. A few feet later there was yet another one.

“This can only mean one thing! Red was here and must have accidentally dropped these!” he exclaimed excitedly and then hurried down the path of dropped sticks hoping to find Red wherever they led.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully nice Beth... And since my own story won't get there in a while... Approve of the song choice.
Rully glad Red got to meet Kermit's family in the swamp and will now meet the rest of the gang in the theater... again.