Major Family Guy Character Killed Off

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The last episode had a cut-away with Vinny among the Griffins, I feel like Brian should have been there, since it was a flash-back and he hasn't been dead for too long.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As expected, Brian's 'death' was short-lived.

http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Christmas_Guy
They backpedaled pretty quick on that one. Somehow, I think they should have waited until the season finale and did something more epic with it. Actually, if anything, Brian dying should have been the season opener. But whatever... 2 episodes, including the one where Peter kills himself at the end and one where Stewie blows up the whole neighborhood.... Then again, the show did have permanent deaths before. The Vaudeville guys, Paddy Tannenger, Peter's not really biological father. The last one done for actual plot purposes instead of being sick of a gag.

And then again, they refereed to this as "Stewie's first Christmas" and lampshaded it with "Again?" even though did age the characters. Wasn't he 2 at one point? I know Meg aged 2 years in the course of the show.

Now then, doesn't the entire freakin' world feel stupid for overracting?
Intentional. The Family Guy staff is a bunch of Trolling Creators. Then again, there were also 2 episodes with Brian's name in the title after his death episode aired. What would have been a bigger spoiler is if someone knew how many episodes Tony Sirico was contracted to.

But here's The list of episodes for the 12th season... 2 episodes with Brian in the title... one with him on the promotional image.

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
Well Brian is back and vinnie is gone.Although I'm kinda happy Vinnie is gone,when Peter asked what breed he was, he replied saying he was a "P word for cat" dog.....were the writers even being creative there? Why couldn't they use a real dog breed like Brian(According to family guy wiki,Brian is a Labrador)Also I'm kinda disappointed that they are playing with the audience's emotion,if they are gonna kill off a major character,make him stay dead(except Brian,Peter,Stewie,Chris,Lois)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well Brian is back and vinnie is gone.Although I'm kinda happy Vinnie is gone,when Peter asked what breed he was, he replied saying he was a "P word for cat" dog.....were the writers even being creative there?
Something tells me they were trying to get another former Sopranos star to do that character's voice. Considering one of the characters was named Big P- word for cat... that would have been a nice little actor allusion.

But figures... just when I'm starting to like Vinnie, they get rid of him.

On the plus side, more Stewie and Brian adventure episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know what to think about Brian coming back. I accepted his death and replacement rather quickly because it had been announced that one of the main characters would be killed off this season. I'd be a lot more shocked if a death hadn't been announced... THAT would be a real surprise.

And I'm not too surprised he came back, but I am surprised it happened so soon. And Vinny's second episode didn't really play up the fact that he was new, he was treated as if the episode could have aired long after being added.

And I guess there was some poor planning with scheduling the episodes. The episode after Thanksgiving involved Thanksgiving, and then Brian came back in a Christmas episode, which they were sure to get out before Christmas. Not sure if they expected the death episode to air sooner than it did.

I saw a picture of a tattoo a guy got and it was Brian and under it it said RIP. How foolish he must feel! :laugh:

There's something just as bad. Last week I was in a store and they had T-shirts that said "R.I.P. Brian Griffin 1999-2013". They tried to sell me one, telling me that they'd sell out fast and wouldn't get another order after they sell out. But I decided to wait until after Christmas. Good thing I did, I would have made a foolish decision. But I can't believe there's (I assume an official) t-shirts for it, when Brian was going to come back so soon (I'd like to know the story behind the shirt... did the company that made the shirt offer a lot of money without knowing he'd be back so soon?).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, Trolling creator. Unless the writers realized what a huge mistake killing off one of the main characters and quickly backpedaled on it. Plus, you know... unsellable Brian merchandise otherwise.

Now that I think of it, I'm disappointed they didn't drag Death into either episode There are characters they kill off and characters they just don't care about writing for anymore.

I miss greased up naked Deaf guy.