1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Making Full-Bodied Puppet Costumes

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by charlie bird, Mar 7, 2010.

1. unheard

unheard Member

i cant wait to see the photo's

2. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

I made the nose with a mechanism that makes him sniff.I made the fur pattern using masking tape over the head and cut out the pattern making it flat. It helps with making paterns for carved foam, and even thow only the cheeks and eye brows were carved I taped over the whole front side of the head, just to make sure.
    Thank you
  3. unheard

unheard Member

4. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

No, I'm not making him. I'm making a ground hog puppet. At the time I was wondering If I could make fur that way,but for this puppet I buoghte fur,and this puppet, due to the amount of money It takes it will now be a regular puppet,and I'm hoping to make the next one ''life size''.
    Thank you
  5. charlie bird

charlie bird Member

Hallow,
    I got my fabric samples in the mail today.The fur there is amazing and does not shead at all. The fur is so soft, but I got my fabric at Joans Fabric because of my budget changing.On the next puppet I make I hope to use there fur.
    Thank you
  6. da web croniclz

da web croniclz New Member

Just a tip. Whenever I wear my friend's full bodied puppets, he always gives my an ice pack to put on my chest. The built in fans don't cool you off as much, but the ice keeps you cool the entire time.