1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Master Replicas Kermit The Frog Dissected

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Phantom New Member

Meh, I'm not that big of a fan of anything to surround myself with trinkets. I used to be that way, but life is too short to spend all my time dusting. Ah, but that's why they make display cases.

To each, his own. Where his treasure is, there is his heart.
  2. travellingpat Active Member

wow why in the world would you ever do that? what at waste of $199 just to cut it up? People confuse me ;)
  3. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Fantasy Vs Reality

Lets not get Fantasy mixed up with Reality.
  4. Good point. We are, after all, only talking about not much more than a stuffed toy, not a something that was once alive. Yes, believe it or not folks, Kermit is not real! ;)
  5. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I had reservations about these replicas at the beginning. When I received mine, Kermit looked all lifeless and corpse-like in his box. He looks great now, after breaking him in, but not everybody has an eye for that. I have seen some rather...well...upsetting/unflattering photographs of Kermit - especially on the Master Replica site. I have not kept that a secret. There is also a Kermit in one of the local comic shops that still looks so stiff and creepy. But I have also seen some good posing of him and photos. I'm glad to have him, but I also understand your concerns. Heck, I thought there would be many unfortunate YouTube clips of the Kermit poser, but that hasn't happened yet. :eek:

By the way. I really enjoyed the work on your site. Diggy the Traffic Cone is hands-down my favorite!
  6. ravagefrackle New Member

again its all opinion, and like something unmetionable here , we all have them, lol

still think the posers area bad idea, would rather see the characters living and breathing ina film or tv project (hopefully one with agood script), than sitting on a shelf some where(heck i build puppet s, it can get very creepy staring ata rack of lifless dolls )

THanks frog Boy glad you like diggy, hope that project ges somewhere, waiting to here from the creator on that one(definetley not a kids show)
  7. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I heard that originally they were thinking of making these replicas into actual puppets. For some reason that seemed very wrong to me. Cool, but wrong. I just don't feel comfortable with any person with a couple hundred bucks to spare owning and operating a beloved Muppet character. :concern:
  8. TheCreatureWork Active Member

Hmmm...

The funniest thing I ever saw! The real kicker is that antone can save that picture, trace it on photoshop or Flash and make their own pattern. Crazy stuff.
  9. Lab Rat Member

I have just made a Kermit puppet using that pattern he's turned out great i'll post pic's when i've done the collar.
  10. Lab Rat Member

Hi folks i have just finished my Kermit puppet you can see pics by going www.picturetrail.com and search gluvets i hope you like him.
  11. TheCreatureWork Active Member

NICE! Did you trace the posted pattern?
  12. Lab Rat Member

yeah i just zoomed into the pic lined the soul of my MR Kermits foot up with the one on the screen then the traced the head and mouth plate onto paper
  13. TheCreatureWork Active Member

What about the foam pattern inside?
  14. Lab Rat Member

i just guessed the rest i only used the head and mouth pattern
  15. That's probably the best kermit replica puppet I've ever seen . . . great work!
  16. SurfPark New Member

The secret is out of the bag.
  17. BorkBork New Member

Hey Labrat,
    What dye and shade did you use? I've been having trouble with dye, lately. Mostly because i've been buying the wrong kind hehe...it's been turning out too pale :o
  18. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Great Kermit.I see you have improved on Kermit's hands from your first puppet.One odd photo there that makes Kermit's head look like a football shape, which obviously it isnt from the other pics.The image must have distorted somehow.
  19. Lab Rat Member

i used 3 colours to get the Kermit green~ golden yellow,emerald green in about equal measures and a bit of olive green it came out pretty close,yeah kermits hand are a bit fiddly these one are loads better than the last kermit i made i may do another with legs and one arm wire.
  20. CoOKiE Member

sweetness!