Maybe Less of a Mystery

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Chapter #2

‘We have been friends for years; Floyd, Janice, Zoot and me. We grew up together, even went to the same daycare center. That’s where we met at daycare; except for animal we didn’t know him just yet. But our mothers were friends all through their high school years and made sure we grew up just as close as they had been.
And how right they were, we became inseparable. Sure, we all had tragic things and deaths in our individual families, but our closeness was always strong enough to get us through everything. Floyd’s mom dying, Zoot’s mother leaving him with his father and never coming back, and my own father who died as well, but we always had each other.
The years past and we stayed the best of friends, soon we grew a taste and lust for our beloved instruments. Before we knew it, it was the summer before high school and we had no idea how much the road of life had in store for us.’

A much younger Dr. Teeth walked down the sidewalk with his friends. He was thinner, and wore a bright red furry vest, with a blue and green stripped shirt underneath, blue jeans, boots, and not as much jewelry as he wore as an adult except for a gold chain around his neck, no gold tooth, and a purple not very floppy hat on his head.
Janice’s blond hair was tied back in a ponytail; she wore a pink spaghetti strap crop top, blue shorts and white sandals. Zoot wore the same black sunglasses and blue hat; he also wore a gold short sleeved shirt and black pants with black sandles he also had a full head of curly blue hair that fell in front of his eyes.
Floyd wore his green army hat, a white t-shirt that showed clearly underneath an unbuttoned plaid shirt, blue jeans, and boots; he didn’t have a mustache and his red hair wasn’t as long, but it almost reached his shoulders. It was a hot August morning, and the group was trying to decide what to do with their time.

“Well, we like have to try to earn some money.” Said Janice in frustration “We’ve tried but no one is hiring.” Zoot replied, Dr. Teeth agreed with a sigh “Besides the total cost of all the instruments we want would be about…uh…a lota smackers.” Floyd kicked a rock “Yeah, and unless we get onto ‘let’s make a deal’ I think the chances of getting what we want are slim.” “Well then, like, what are we going to do?” Janice complained “I want that guitar.”
Dr. Teeth stopped in his tracks a poster taped to a telephone pole caught his attention “How about the county fair?” Floyd cocked an eyebrow “How would that help us?” “It won’t, but only in the case of our boredom will it help.” Dr. Teeth smiled a perfect smile of bright white, straight teeth “What do you say?”
“When is it?” Floyd tore the flier off of the telephone pole and read it out loud “it started yesterday and is in town every day for the next week. There are Rides, games, compitions, and great food and entertainment.” Janice smiled as Dr. Teeth took the flier from Floyd and smiled showing off his new perfectly straight and white sparkling large teeth, he had just gotten his big bulky unappealing braces off last week and had been ecstatic that they were finally gone and now had a bad habit of showing off his gleaming teeth “Like wow, let’s do it!” Dr. Teeth nodded in agreement pocketing the flier, “All right!!” Deciding they would go to the fair, they took off, since it wasn’t but a few blocks away they walked, unsure of what to expect.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Great job, fictionalnice! What's your real name, eh?
BTW: I love this!!!!! Keep going, pleaseeeeee?

fictionalnice

Reaction score
My real name is Elaine, and I am so glad people like this! I have like, twenty chapters written. It is insane long, and I tried to post it on Fanfiction.net, but it is getting totaly ignored. So i tried here, and am thrilled by the great response, and here's the rest of the chapter! i love this website, anyway, whats your name?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Here's an easy thing thing to do. Post it here on muppet central and post reply. It should not be too hard.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
The fair was wonderful, there were booths of every kind, some for food, some for drinks, some trying to sell stuff, plenty of games, and plenty judging contests, vegetable contest, pie baking contests, farm animal contest, eating compitions, stained glass contests, and lots more.
There were plenty of rides to, bumper cars, Farris wheels, horseback riding and more. All of this outlined the main attraction, which was in the center of the fair. It was a giant red and white striped tent, “Like wow.” Janice gasped in amazement at all the bright lights and colors. Dr. Teeth smiled licking his teeth “Ha-ha, this could work.” “Ya got that right, man.” Floyd agreed, as they began to walk around taking in all the sights.
“What should we do first?” Zoot asked pushing his sunglasses up his nose. “I say we pick up our pace and check out all the hub-bub at the tent.” Everyone agreed with this and they walked over to the large group of people entering the tent. Apparently the group had gotten their just in time to see the next show. After they bought their ticket for the show, the group entered the circular tent and took a seat in the first row.
“Wonder what we’re going to see.” Floyd commented, as more people began to fill up the seat’s, Janice flipped her hair with one hand “like I don’t know, maybe musicians or like a dog show.” Dr. Teeth held up a pamphlet the woman at the ticket booth gave him “I managed to snatch myself this is you want to take a look at it.” Floyd took it from him and read it out loud “For the next week, you will be able to see the five greatest acts this side of town has ever seen! See for yourself Olga and her prancing pony’s, the amazing Freiberg’s, Dave and his furry crusade, Elizabeth and the Bethites, and our most popular act James the tamer of all.”
Janice took it from Floyd as he said “It’s got a list of all the showings.” “Weird names if you ask me.” Commented Zoot, who was looking apprehensive about coming here, Janice, agreed passing the thick pamphlet back to Dr. Teeth “For sure.” Dr. Teeth pointed to the stage in the center of the tent “Looks like its starting.”
A tall broad shouldered man, with long red hair tied back in a ponytail; he wore a bright red suit and smiled as the crowd grew silent “Hello one and all! We have quite the show for you today! A show full of people of all sorts of talents! Up first is Olga and her prancing ponies!” The crowd clapped wildly as a young woman in a purple leotard came out riding on a white, black spotted horse three others surrounding her.
The group shared a look knew they were all thinking the same thing “Why did we decide to come here?” The woman gracefully stood up on her horse, stretched her arms out and lifted her left leg so that she stood on one leg as her horse ran around the stage. The audience gasped as the woman leaned forward and placed her hands on the horses’ broad back then did a perfect hand stand. Dr. Teeth groaned and leaned over to whisper in Floyds ear “This was is and will always be, ridiculous.”
Floyd covered his mouth trying not to laugh out loud, Dr. Teeth didn’t seem to care who saw him laughing as the woman continued to bend and flip and do amazing yoga type moves on her horse. Janice leaned over a little and whispered “Like, she isn’t, like, that bad.” Zoot nodded in silence as the woman jumped from one horse to the next perfectly, causing the audience to gasp and applaud loudly. She continued to show off her talent with moves like this, and even had her horses jump over one another. When she was finally finished she took a bow as the audience exploded with applause, then left the stage.

The amazing Freiberg’s turned out to be trapeze artists, which wasn’t very entertaining as Dr. Teeth pointed out “The only thing this will do for you is give one premature heart failure.” David and his furry crusade was nothing more than some forty year old man with a bunch of mixed breed dogs running around the stage ordering them around having them performing neat tricks, Zoot commented that anybody can train a dog.
He was right but the closing bit were Dave had his dogs doing a strange rendition of the conga was a little entertaining. What annoyed the group the most so far was Elizabeth and the Bethites, who where a band that attempted to add a little kick to some of the world’s greatest songs and failed badly. The worst thing was that everyone thought they were wonderful except Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Janice and Floyd who practically threw up in the bag of popcorn they were sharing as they kept complaining about everything the band did wrong.
“I can’t believe he doesn’t know how to properly play that beautiful saxophone.” Zoot complained accidently throwing the popcorn he had in his hands onto the sticky floor, “For sure.” Janice agreed, “Man, this is painful!” Floyd whined as the announcer stepped back onto the stage “You got that right baby.” Dr. Teeth moaned in irritation, popping a piece of popcorn into his mouth, “And now what you’ve all been waiting for! Tonight’s main attraction! The reason all you showed up here tonight! James the tamer of all!” At these simple words the audience who obviously have seen this act before lost it in ear splitting applause.
“This better be worth my time.” Said Zoot as he spat a hull onto the ground, “And my money.” Added Dr. Teeth, as the announcer stepped off the stage. A tall man, with slicked back jet black hair, a well groomed goatee, and a strict disposition, wearing a lion tamers suit and holding a medical like black leather bag appeared on the stage a couple more men followed holding a square metal box with a dark bared window on the side.
The Men Set the Metal Box down a few feet from the tamer and exited the stage. The tamer known as James cleared his throat and instantly the applause died down, “Ladies and Gentleman, Tonight I shall show you one of the world’s most horrible and most terrifying creatures the world has ever seen, I must ask you not to scream and not to make any sudden moves. It might and will provoke it.
This creature is strange, no one has ever seen anything like it before but I have been trying my best to tame this wild beast.” James sat his bag on the ground, opened it and pulled out a short pole with a retractable lasso on the end. He pulled the pole to cause it to grow in length, and took a few cautious steps toward the metal box and warned “As I said earlier I must ask you not to scream, try your best to keep perfectly silent.” At this point the group was very interested in the finale Janice whispered in fascination “Like, what do you think is like in there?” Floyd whispered back with a shrug “I don’t know.” James the tamer unlatched the hook and slowly opened the door.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Chapter #3

The thick metal door fell to the floor with a thud and low growl could easily be heard from within. James took his poll and barked jabbing the creature within “Back! BACK! You horrible creature! Back!” The tamer was suddenly pulled forward with a great lurch, but he quickly navigated the lasso around the creature’s neck and pulled himself back using as much force as he could muster and with one great pull the tamer forced the creature out of its cage and pushed it to the ground.
Everyone in the audience couldn’t help but gasp at what they saw. “Holey!” “Good god!” “What is that!” Could be heard throughout the audience, Dr. Teeth stood up to get a better look, Janice gasped covering her mouth, while Zoot grew wide eyed. Floyd sat forward and craned his neck, for what they saw was a small, thin, boney, creature with razor sharp teeth, beady eyes, and long shaggy, untamed fur/hair wearing a raggedy old shirt and what looked like a beeping collar.
What they were looking at was a young version of non-other than Animal himself.

James unhooked animal from the lasso and sneered as Animal growled and got to his feet, “Stay!” quickly grabbing a few more items from his bag. One of them looked like a remote, the other two where a whip and a riding crop.
Animal took a step back apparently knowing what was going to happen, he seemed tired and very defensive, for he growled even louder advancing on the tamer in pure rage. The audience was on the edge of their seats in more ways than one, as James cracked the whip in front of him and yelled “Back! Back BEAST!”
Animal yelled in pain as the whip smacked him across the chest, Floyd gasped in horror as tamer did this. He couldn’t believe that this man who dared to call himself an animal trainer was doing something so awful, but he bit his tongue as his friends actually looked like they were enjoying this.

The tamer then proceed to whip out his remote and took a few steps back before he ordered “Up!” Animal would not listen, as he took a few steps back, “Wrong answer.” James sneered and repeated this command but only this time he pressed the only button on the remote witch caused Animal to scream in pain as his collar shocked him, nevertheless he immediately did a perfect back flip.
Floyd sent a pleading look at his group of friends who gasped and clapped along with the rest of the audience. He held up his hands in exasperation, he couldn’t believe that no one was doing anything! This poor creature did not deserve this type of treatment! No matter what, no one deserved that! And Floyd didn’t think he could take this anymore, it was so inhumane and cruel! He had to do something and soon.