Maybe Less of a Mystery

fictionalnice

Reaction score
thank you so much! I'll try to post more tonight for sure! I'm glad you like it!:sing::halo:

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Floyd cautiously opened the door to his home, peering around the living room to see if his dad was there, since he wasn’t Floyd led animal into the house closing the door behind them.
“Pop! You home?” Floyd called out leading Animal into the kitchen; “POP!!” he continued to yell until he spied a written note on the kitchen table. Picking it up he read it out loud
“Dear Floyd, The office called me in, I’ll be working late tonight, apparently one of my coworkers didn’t show up today and they are a man short. For dinner you can order pizza I left you enough money in the envelope on the table, try to leave me a slice or two. –Dad. P.S. if you want all your friends to sleep over that’s fine with me, there is more than enough money for you all in the envelope, love you!”
Floyd put the note back on the kitchen table and snatched up the envelope full of money, after he got the cash in his wallet he turned to address a confused animal “Well, looks like it is just you and I for some time. Not that I mind, that gives me time to give you a bath.”
For he just noticed how unkempt and dirty animal was, animal grunted looking around the kitchen at every bright and shiny object. Leading animal up stairs where the bathroom was, Floyd couldn’t help but feel a little nervous, he had never done anything like this before.
But, if he could wash himself or a dog (which he had until it died a few years ago) then he could do this. No matter how awkward it may be.

Opening the door to the bathroom Floyd released animals hand, closed the door and walked over to the large sparkling white bath tub, well aware that animal was watching him in fascination wondering what he was doing. Deciding to keep talking to the animal Floyd spoke as he began to fill the tub up with warm water
“Your probably wondering what I am doing? Well, this is a tub; you can wash yourself in it. When you wash yourself you typically desire to grow fresh and clean.” Getting a bottle of bubble bath from the nearby closet he poured a generous amount in the tub and swished it around to get the foam and bubbles going, animal cocked his head to the side with a confused grunt as though he was trying to say ‘what are you talking about?’
Floyd smiled, throwing a rubber duck into the rising water “when you wash its typically done in privacy, but in this case I will assist you since I get the feeling that you don’t understand quite yet what I am talking about.”
As soon as the water was at a good level, Floyd turned the water off and indicating for animal to come closer to him. Animal obeyed and approached Floyd with no fear, Floyd was glad that animal seemed to take such a liking and strong trust to him so fast.

“Ok, man, uh…” Grabbing a nearby towel Floyd wrapped it around animals waist and carefully took his ratty old T-shirt off, tossing it to the side Floyd lifted animal into his arms with care so as not to scare him. Satisfied when animal leaned into him, Floyd gently sat him in the water, taking away the towel so it wouldn’t get wet.
Floyd smiled warmly as animal began to play in the bubbles, hesitantly at first, then with more enthusiasm. Picking up a bottle of strawberry scented shampoo Floyd knelt next to the tub and held it up, animal wasn’t unhappy with what he did yet, but just in case he introduced as animal played in the bubbles
“This is shampoo, I’m just going to start washing you now man.” Pouring a small amount onto animals head, Floyd began to gently run his hands through animal’s hair/fur trying to build up good foam but at the same time make is soothing.
Animal was in fact enjoying the bath, amazed at how gentle Floyd was being and he practically purred as Floyd washed his hair. After rinsing the soap out of animal’s hair, Floyd began to wash animal’s body using a dish rag.

After he was done washing and grooming animal, Floyd was very pleased with himself. He washed the animal, cleaned his sharp nails, brushed his razor sharp teeth, and just did the whole grooming routine and now animal was nice and clean.
He was currently caring animal to his room, where sat him down on the bed a towel wrapped around animals body. He had some old cloths that didn’t fit him anymore that would probably fit animal, “Now that you are squeaky clean, let me find you some cloths.”
Floyd addressed a wide eyed animal, who was watching him with his head cocked to the side as though wondering what he was doing. Digging through his biro Floyd began to take out a pair of new boxers, brown knee high shorts, and white t-shirt that read ‘music rocks’.
Turning back to animal Floyd motioned him to hold his arms up, once animal did Floyd slipped the shirt over his head, it was a little baggy but it would have to do.

He was a little uncomfortable when helping animal get into his cloths, but once animal was dressed he had to admit he did a pretty good job with animal and since the animal seemed pretty satisfied with being nice and clean, so that was a plus.
“Man that took a while longer than I thought.” Floyd commented as he watched animal climb off of the bed and begin to look around at Floyds brightly colored room, it was covered with posters of musicians he liked, he had an old stereo system, a large pile of CD’s and a second hand guitar that was given to him from his grandfather.
It wasn’t very clean, but it showed clearly what kind of person Floyd was. “You must be hungry, why don’t we order that pizza?” Floyd asked animal who was sniffing his guitar with interest, but he walked over toward Floyd the minute he heard his voice, grabbing his guitar from its stand Floyd took animals hands and led him back down stairs and into the living room.

After he had ordered three large pizzas, three two litters of diet soda, cinnamon and regular breadsticks, Floyd settled down on the brown shag rug in his living room with animal. Floyd plucked a few notes on his guitar elated when Animals perked up with amazement, so he decided to sing him an old nursery rhyme.
Once he got the tune right Floyd began to sing to animal “I know an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don’t why she swallow the fly, I guess she’ll die.” Animal made a noise that sounded close to a laugh, as Floyd sung to him.

“I know an old lady who swallowed a spider, that wriggled and tickled and jiggled inside her, she swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don’t know why she swallowed the fly I guess she’ll die

I know an old lady who swallowed a bird, how absurd she swallowed a bird! She swallowed the bird to catch the spider that wriggled and tickled and jiggled inside her, she swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don’t know why she swallowed the fly. I guess she’ll die.”

At this point animal was jumping in place, clapping his hands together, and growling with happiness. Floyd smiled widely; he was really beginning to take a liking to this strange creature.

“I know an old lady, who swallowed a cat, imagine that she swallowed a cat! She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, she swallowed the bird to catch the spider that wriggled and tickled and jiggled inside her, she swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don’t know why she swallowed that fly, I guess she’ll die.

I know an old lady who swallowed a dog, what a hog she swallowed a dog! She swallowed the dog to catch the cat, she swallowed the cat to catch the bird, she swallowed the bird to catch the spider, that wriggled and tickled and jiggled inside her, she swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don’t know why she swallowed the fly, I guess she’ll die.

I know and old lady who swallowed a goat, just opened her throat and swallowed the goat, she swallowed the goat to catch the dog, she swallowed the dog to catch the cat, she swallowed the cat to catch the bird, she swallowed the bird to catch the spider that wriggled and tickled and jiggled insider her, she swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don’t know why she swallowed the fly, I guess she’ll die.

I know an old lady who swallowed a horse, she’s dead of course.”

Animal jumped in Floyd’s lap, when the song was finished; in surprise Floyd dropped his guitar onto the floor and screamed loudly as animal knocked him to the floor. Yeah. This could work.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I am loving this already! Great nusery rhyme choice for "I Know a Lady Who Swallowed a Fly." That'a silly tune! (laughs)! More Mayhem please!

fictionalnice

Reaction score
I'll be out of town for a few days, to celebrate my 18th birthday, so I hope this next chapter will hold you over till i get back on thursday, and thanks to everyone for being so great! it means a lot to me that so many people are reading and liking my story!
:big_grin: :sing::flirt::cool::halo:

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Authors note/warning: Please don't get mad at me I do things in this fic for a reason, and i love the electric mayhem! Just bear with me, and enjoy! What I have happen in this chapter just made sense to me.
Chapter #5

“That can’t be true! He wouldn’t like keep that thing!” Janice yelled in outrage as her, Dr. Teeth, and Zoot walked down the street to Floyd’s house. Zoot cut in “But, if he didn’t want it he wouldn’t have been so long! Then, he would not have disappeared!”
Dr. Teeth has been listening to them argue with little interest since they left the fair, but it was starting to get on his nerves and just when they were walking up the walkway to Floyds house he turned to them and snapped “OK! Ok dude’s that is enough! It doesn’t matter! If he did for some strange reason keep that monster then we are about to find out! Alright?”
Zoot and Janice nodded sheepishly, Dr. Teeth turned back around and knocked on the front door, soon he heard this loud scream, this scaring them out of their wits Dr. Teeth threw the door open and all three of them ran inside.

But, what they saw is not what they expected. Floyd was lying sprawled out on his back with the strange creature sitting on his stomach. He didn’t seem to notice them standing in the doorway gawking at him, jumping to the wrong conclusion they all began to yell
“FLOYD!”
“LIKE OH MY GOODNESS!”
“WHAT THE ****!!”
Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Janice ran over to help Floyd, getting there first Zoot tackled Animal to the ground, Floyd was shocked as Janice tried to help him off of the ground but he paid her no mind as animal lost it in fear, for he began to growl, thrash and fight with Zoot.
“NO! ZOOT STOP!” Floyd yelled as Dr. Teeth rushed over to help, Animal punched, kicked and snapped at Zoot as they rolled around a little on the ground. Floyd jumped to his feet, and tried to rush over and stop this, but Janice grabbed him around the middle.
“STOP! YOU’RE SCARING HIM!!!” And indeed they were, for Zoot had kneed Animal in the stomach, and Dr. Teeth ran to the closet and grabbed some rope. Dropping to the ground animal growled, stood up slowly, Zoot grabbed animals wrist but before he could do anything else, animal yelled loudly in rage and tackled Zoot to the floor,
“STOP IT! PLEASE! HE IS JUST SCARED! HE WASN’T HURTING ME!!” But no one was listening to him, Zoot cried out “for crying out loud teeth, hurry up!!!” animal had him in a corner so to speak, but just then Dr. Teeth ran back into the room and wrapped the rope around animals neck, pulling him back onto the floor keeping the rope wrapped around his neck cutting off his air supply.
Animal began to gasp and wheeze for air, clawing at the rope, Floyd screamed in fear “STOP IT! PLEASE STOP!! HE CAN’T BREATH!!” Getting off of the floor, Zoot helped overpower animal and successfully managed to tie him up. Janice let go of Floyd
“You are so lucky we showed up.” Zoot said as Floyd walked over to them, Dr. Teeth agreed “Yeah, but you must be mad! Why would you let this monster into your house!”
Janice added “I can like, call animal control?” Floyd wasn’t listening to them though, he was beyond angry; he was so enraged at his foolish friends. Getting to his knees Floyd placed a hand on animals head, and immediately he went from growling low in his throat to whimpering.
Floyd whispered so only animal could hear him “I’m sorry.” Getting to his feet Floyd turned to his now confused so called friends and spoke in a deadly whisper “Get out.”
They all looked completely shocked at this sudden reaction Dr. Teeth spoke for all of them “um, what are you talking about?” Floyd stepped in front of animal and crossed his arms “I think you’ve done enough. Now get out.” Janice, Zoot and Dr. Teeth all exchanged appalled looks of hurt and confusion but Floyd stood his ground
“GET THE **** OUT!” Jumping to their senses, the small group slowly walked out the front door, followed closely by Floyd, who slammed the door behind them.

“Like what just happened?” Janice asked Zoot shrugged “I feel like we did something…wrong.” Dr. Teeth nodded “Something’s definitely, most definitely wrong here.” Zoot walked over to the living room window and peered inside, “Well, let’s figure this out.”

As soon as they were gone, Floyd ran over to animal’s side, and kneeled next to him. Animal was watching him with sadness in his eyes. Petting his hair, Floyd began to untie him, as soon as he got all the rope from around animal off he helped animal up and was not surprised when the animal crawled in his lap and hugged him.
“I am so sorry little guy.” Floyd said in a whisper as he hugged animal back tightly. Pulling away Floyd ran his fingers through his hair/fur, and spoke softly “You’re ok. Alright? It’ll be ok.” Crawling away from Floyd, animal pushed the guitar closer to Floyd with slight hesitation.
Floyd smiled cocking an eyebrow, as animal looked from the guitar to Floyd. Chuckling Floyd picked it up and asked jokingly “what? This? You want me to play this?” Animal inched closer on his knees, eager. “Alright, alright.” Gently plucking a few notes Floyd began to play a second nursery rhyme he played cow jumped over the moon, baa baa black sheep, and twinkle twinkle before there was a knock at the door, that meant the Pizza had finally arrived.

Janice pulled away from the sight with mixed feelings, “Like I don’t understand, there hugging, but why does Floyd care so much about him?” Zoot continued to watch but replied “Isn’t it obvious, he loves him.” Dr. Teeth agreed glancing back at Janice as Floyd began to play his guitar

“You know, like in the deep love one feels for a brother, sibling or pet that protective, family type of love.” They continued to watch for a few more minutes as Floyd sang to animal. Dr. Teeth shared looks of guilt with his companions “It seems that we have done something very wrong.” And it was true, they may not like the animal Floyd seemed to care so deeply about, but they should not have done what they did because all they did was hurt a good friend.

As they thought this, a voice from behind interrupted “Excuse me?” Jumping they all turned around in fear, it was a pizza man. “Did you guys order pizza.” He was laden down with quite a lot of food, Dr. Teeth answered him slightly nervous “Uh…no, you want the guy inside the house.” The pizza man thanked them and the three quickly ran off to talk about what they should next, all very confused and full to the brim with guilt.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Well I hope you enjoyed that! Wish me luck, i'll be back on Thursday for sure, I'm leaving a teenager and coming back an adult! HA! :big_grin:

fictionalnice

Reaction score
“So you didn’t like animal…not at all?” Kermit asked flabbergasted, Floyd avoided his friend’s looks, while Janice, Dr. Teeth and Zoot looked embarrassed and all fidgeted in their seats. Dr. Teeth looked down at his hands sadly “I am afraid to say that we did not.”
“Yeah, and I think he remembers.” Zoot put in, Dr. Teeth nodded and continued
“True, he has never been as comfortable or kind with us as he is with Floyd.” Kermit frowned in slight pity “That-that is sad…so what happened? What changed?”
Dr. Teeth quickly decided that it was best to get on with the story and by the looks on his friends face they were thinking the same thing “Well, it is a lot to explain, but when you witness something beautiful or something tragic happens to someone you care deeply for a person’s perspective can quickly change.”
Kermit shook his head “I don’t understand.” “You will.” Floyd spoke finally “Now, where was I? It wasn’t long until my father showed up and he-”

~~~~~~~~~~

Floyd lay on the sofa with animal snoring contently curled up on a fluffy pillow by his side. Floyd was plucking a few tunes on his guitar his eyes flitting toward animal every two seconds, it really was adorable, Animal was truly amazed at how fluffy and soft that pillow was and he immediately curled up on it and fell asleep.
Floyd laid his guitar in his lap and began to run his fingers through animals hair, he had tried to show animal how to eat, but animal did not understand and ended up freaking out and getting cheese all through his hair/fur as he gobbled up the pizza with his hands and mouth. Floyd was frustrated to no end but he managed to rewash animal, put the rest of the pizza in the fridge and they curled up on the sofa together.

Floyd smiled as animal sneezed in his sleep he didn’t know what it was but he had this strong, overwhelming urge to protect and look after animal.
Just as Floyd was lost in thought, the front door opened, and his father walked in, Floyds fathers name was Benjamin Pepper he was purple and had the same red hair and mustache as Floyd grows as an adult he also has a large nose and small eyes.
“UH, what a day, son you won’t believe-” but his father trailed off at the sight and Floyd just smiled sheepishly “Hey pop…um, can I keep him?”

fictionalnice

Reaction score
I'm back! Miss me? and guess what? I am eighteen yearrs old now!!! YEAH!!! Anywho I hope you like this next part, and I wasn't sure what Floyd's fathers name was...so I just named him Benjamin. I hope that's ok! Enjoy! and thankyou all so much for all the positve feed back! it really puts a smile on my face! :big_grin::halo: