Maybe Less of a Mystery

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Chapter #6

Ben, Floyd’s father, was beyond surprised, beyond anger, his emotion was hard to describe. But he fought to keep his voice straight as he looked between the creature on his couch and his son. “Floyd, what is that?” Floyd slowly got off of the couch and stood in front of animal and answered his father
“uh…I don’t really know. He looks like a man, but also an animal with some werewolf mixed in…so I suppose he is a mixed breed.” Ben, looked at his son as though he had two heads and asked in clear irritation “WHY is it hear?” Floyd answered a tad sheepish
“Uh…I…um…found him... Can he stay? With me? I’ll take good care of him.” Floyd didn’t quite know why he lied, but he figured his father would let animal stay if he knew he had nowhere to go. But, Ben shook his head violently “No. No, absolutely not, that thing has to go today! Now!”

“But pop!”

“No Floyd! That thing isn’t a cat or a fish it is a dangerous wild beast! It does not belong here, I want you to bring it back were you found it!”

“Dad listen to me!”

“Floyd! Don’t talk to me that way! GET IT OUT!!!”

“He is not dangerous!!”

“Floyd Pepper! Get that thing out now!”

“NO!!!”

Floyd shot a pleading look at his father, who had grown silent at his son’s clear defiance “Dad, please, he is not dangerous, he is sweet and I know he may be a tad wild but I can train him! I know I can…at least let me try.” Floyd paused to let his words sink in “he has nowhere to go.” Ben

sighed in distress “Nowhere?” He asked his son, who looked teary “not at all…he has no one.” Ben took a step closer to his son “Floyd I know he must have been through ****, but you can’t possibly have it in you to care for this, this, this…thing. You couldn’t have had him more than 6 hours. You are just feeling pity, and have no idea how dangerous and stupid this is.”
Floyd glanced at animal then back at his father “Pop, I know I haven’t known him long, and I know it won’t be easy, but-I- I love him…and I want to do what’s right, I want to help this amazing creature and keep him with me. He cares about me and trusts me, and…I’m all he has…at least let me try…I’ll show you! I’ll show you that I can do this!”
Ben ran a hand through his hair with a deep troubled groan, his son had way to big of a heart “oh alright…he can stay.” Floyd threw his arms around his father in happiness “YES!! Thanks pop!!”
Ben hugged him back and continued when Floyd sat back down next to animal with a large smile “But don’t get too attached to it. This is just temporary! And if you can show me that you can tame, and train it successfully, turn it into a true lovable house pet, then he can stay. If you can’t, then he goes, I will find him a new home if you are not up to it.” Floyd nodded seriously “Yes sir.”
Shaking his head in confusion ben walked into the kitchen muttering lowly under his breath, things like ‘out of all the things he could have asked for.’

The next day Floyd decided to take animal out to the park so they could have a picnic and Floyd could hopefully get another shot at showing animal how the eat right. They were currently sitting across from each other at a red wooden park bench; Floyd had a basket of food next to him and a plate with two tuna sandwich sitting on it in front of him.
“Ok, now. Watch me man.” Animal watched Floyd with fascination as he picked up a sandwich with both hands and took a small bite. Putting it down in front of him Floyd pushed the plate toward animal
“Now you try.” Animal looked at the sandwich then at Floyd, then back at the food and in one swift movement getting excited by the sight of food he slammed his head down on the plate and gobbled up the sandwich in two seconds with a loud screech.
Once he was done he looked at Floyd from some sort of approval, panting “oh man.” Floyd groaned in frustration. Taking another bite of his own sandwich he practically choked in surprise when animal picked up the plate and took a bite out of it.
Floyd coughed violently punching his own chest relieved when he felt some one slap him on the back with enough force to dislodge the food clump. Groaning Floyd turned around to thank whoever helped him, it was Dr. Teeth, with Zoot and Janice standing on each side of him.

“oh, uh…thanks.” He mumbled uncomfortable. Dr. Teeth rubbed the back of his neck “Uh, listen Floyd, we are all really sorry…you know about what happened.” Zoot and Janice agreed “
Like yeah, we didn’t mean any real like harm.”
“Yeah man, how were we supposed to know?”
Floyd smiled in relief “Aw, its ok. It did look bad, but why don’t you sit down.” His friends smiled; glad Floyd was no longer mad at them. But, Floyd couldn’t help but notice that not one of them sat next to animal, who had finished with the plate and was now making growling noises of excitement.
Zoot asked eying animal “So what is he?” Floyd shrugged leaning across the table and using a napkin to wipe crumbs and glass shards off of his furry face. Animal wriggled around and attempted to eat the napkin “I have no idea, but my pop told me that if I could tame him and turn him into a real house pet then I could keep him.”
Dr. Teeth asked curiously “What is him name?” Floyd opened his mouth to answer only to shut it when he realized he had yet to name him “Uh, I haven’t really named the animal yet…”
animal didn’t quite understand what they were saying, but he clearly heard the word animal. So mustering up some courage he tried with all his might to repeat what he heard, “AAAAA” He rasped out not getting anyone’s attention, Floyd was busy talking with Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Janice about what he should name him to notice what animal was trying to do.
Making this noise again animal breathed heavily finding it quite hard to speak but trying his hardest nonetheless “AAAA…NNNN…MMMM…LLLL…” Animal coughed hard in frustration, banging the table with his fists and tried again “AAHHHNNNMMMLLEEE”
Letting out a loud groan animal growled in anger that he couldn’t do it but kept trying “AMHHOONNNLLEE” Fisting up his hands animal slammed his fists on the table in anger and shouted immediately getting everyone’s attention “ANIMAL!!!!”
everyone was silent for a few minutes in complete and utter shock, but eventually Dr. Teeth asked in a whisper “What did it just say?” Floyd eyed animal in disbelief “I had no idea it could talk!!!” Zoot spoke in awe “Like yeah.” Agreed Janice, “What?” Floyd asked animal ignoring his friend’s comments, animal shouted once more
“ANIMAL!!! ANIMAL!!! ANIMAL!!!” Floyd smiled ecstatic “Animal?” Animal nodded vigorously very pleased with himself as he laughed “Ok, then Animal it is. Your new name man.”

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I'm back! Miss me? and guess what? I am eighteen yearrs old now!!! YEAH!!! Anywho I hope you like this next part, and I wasn't sure what Floyd's fathers name was...so I just named him Benjamin. I hope that's ok! Enjoy! and thankyou all so much for all the positve feed back! it really puts a smile on my face! :big_grin::halo:
I missed you too! I will definetely accept that his father's name was Benjamin. I will say great story. There's gotta be more, but I will let you decide what you want. Other than that, this is awesome. :sing: :halo: :smile: :excited:

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Chapter #7

Dr. Teeth, Zoot, and Janice couldn’t say they were comfortable around animal, and were growing more annoyed with him as the days past. The only problem that they couldn’t convince Floyd of was that animal had anger problems, or he lost control and broke things, threw stuff and it wasn’t that bad but Floyd didn’t seem to see the truth. And it was beginning to get on his friends nerves.

“I’m telling you, Floyd won’t listen.” Zoot exclaimed accidently spilling most of his lemonade onto the grass. The three of them were sitting at the patio table in Janice’s backyard waiting for Floyd to show that they could start the yard sale they were going to have.
Dr. Teeth shrugged “I know, I know, but animal isn’t that bad.” Janice tried to hold in a laugh, as Zoot complained in an uncharacteristic cry “Really? He ATE my beetles autographed cut out!”
“Like Ya! He ate my stereo!” Janice put in, Zoot nodded in sympathy at Janice’s irritation “And I can’t even pet him! He just keeps staring at me!” Janice continued, Dr. Teeth attempted to stick up for animal and Floyd
“I know, but, Floyd care’s about him…and he is trying!” Janice rolled her eyes “Oh really! Well what that thing needs is a leash!”
“More like a chain.” Zoot mumbled, setting his empty glass down on the table. “He can’t do anything right! He is so-” Dr. Teeth cut him off with a loud unnecessary cough waving his hand in front of him as he spotted Floyd opening the gate to the back yard to join them.
By Floyds side was animal, who was wearing a white and yellow t-shirt. “Hey guys, we going to do this thing?” Floyd asked walking over to where his friends sat, animal looked around the back yard with fascination
“Yeah, let’s get the tables set up.” Zoot said jumping up and out of his seat, “like alright, but first I like wanted to show you guys something.” Janice said standing up; Dr. Teeth asked getting out of his chair “What may that be?”
but didn’t get an answer, animal laughed as Janice led them inside, through the kitchen and down the stairs into the basement. Floyd shared an amused look with his friends “What’s the big surprise?”
“SURPRISE!!!” animal screamed, Janice turned around and blocked the basement door with her body “Well, like you know how my dad, like just got a huge settlement from his like company shutting down?”
“Yeah, didn’t he get thousands of dollars?” Zoot asked, Janice smiled “Well like you know yeah! It was just like unemployment money, his vacation time money, and etcetera. Well, he saved that money and like gave me the best birthday/Christmas present ever!”
Now they were all very curious as to what Janice was up to, “But before you can see it you have to close your eyes.” Dr. Teeth laughed “You want us to walk blindly down the stairs?” Floyd and Zoot laughed but Janice snapped “Well like yeah! Just take it slow!”
“Alright, Alright.” They agreed and started their way down the stairs. Once down their Janice moved them around so they stood in the perfect viewing spots “Ok, like now!”
“HOLY MOTHER OF SWEETNESS!”
“IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL!”
“OH MAN, I THINK I’M IN LOVE!”
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!”
They all lost it when they saw the sight before them, Janice’s basement had been transferred into a wonderful music room. There was an old piano that belonged to Janice’s grandmother, an electric keyboard, two electric guitars, a base guitar, a lead guitar, a saxophone, a trumpet, and a drum set.
There was even a futon, a mini fridge, coffee table, the whole area screamed awesome, there was a shag rug, red colored walls, posters of inspiration on the walls and everything they could ever dream of wanting. Dr. Teeth felt the slick key board, Zoot fondled the Saxophone, and Floyd plucked notes on one of the guitars. Animal made noises of approval, as he walked around the spacious bright basement, feeling himself grow more excited for every passing moment.
Janice smiled happily “Isn’t it like a dream come true?” Dr. Teeth agreed “It certainly is, now we can finally-” Janice cut him off “Start up our very own band!” “Just think about it, rich, fame, and women!”
Dr. Teeth spoke in a dreamlike state, Floyd frowned watching as animal walked around “The only problem is, is that we need a totally hip name, and a drummer! We don’t have a choice we need a drummer, can’t keep time without one.”
Dr. Teeth snapped his fingers, tapping the key board in thought “We have everything and it is still not enough.”
“Bummer.” Janice groaned, “So close, and yet so far.” They all began to complain and talk about what they should do and how they should find a drummer, “he has to fit our particular style.” Dr. Teeth commented, “he has to be able to bring a beat to the drum!”
Janice shrugged “Yeah, I guess, well like come on let’s get some lunch before the yard sale.” Putting down the instruments they had been fondling, Zoot, Dr. Teeth and Floyd followed her upstairs “Come on animal.” Floyd said over his shoulder, but animal didn’t notice, he was too struck in awe as he stared at the drum set, it was so shiny and something was just pulling at him, pulling him towards it, like a beckoning call he could not ignore.
With wide eyes he walked toward it, something was calling him, this mass in his chest was yearning to break free. Sitting on the bench animal panted in eagerness, feeling very excited and eager, and the monster in his chest screaming to be let out as he picked up the drum sticks It was a wonderful feeling and animal liked it he liked it a lot.
With no hesitation animal hit the drum set slowly with the sticks trying it out, seeing how he liked it, he liked it...he liked it a lot! The noise! The feeling! The noise! It was fantastic, like nothing he had ever felt or done before, it was such a rush! Such a relief.
Growling in laughter animal hit it up a notch and devolved a catchy rhythm that would have left anyone listening bobbing their heads. Letting out a scream of pleasure animal began to jump up and down in his seat continuing to scream in pleasure and approval as he hit the drums as hard as he could.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
I know I made you wait twelve hours for the rest of the chapter, but I'm just teasing! *Smile Evily* Hope you enjoy this!:halo:

fictionalnice

Reaction score
“So like, what do you want to do? Hold auditions?”
Janice asked her friends as they walked into the kitchen for a bite to eat, were they sat down at the kitchen table while Janice got out a few cans of soda
“maybe…” Zoot trailed off, Janice sat back down next to Floyd
“Do we know anyone with talent?” Floyd tapped at his soda top
“What about our old baby sitter? The high school junior?” Dr. Teeth cocked an eyebrow “What our man lips? Nah, he can’t play drums to save his beat. Besides he’s volunteering at a summer camp for the month”
They were all silent for a few moments, until suddenly, out of no were, they heard the most beautiful noise. The noise that solved all their problems, they heard a drum beat, a very wonderful drum solo, the person playing must have been very talented. It was wild, erratic, loud and catchy!
The person playing would fit their group perfectly! Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Janice and Floyd all exchanged confused looks witch only grew when they realized the wonderful noise was coming from Janice’s basement.
No one spoke, but as they stood up Zoot realized that animal wasn’t with them “Dude, where’s animal?” In a rush they all ran over to the basement door and flew down the stairs, the sight they saw was amazing and possibly more shocking then when animal talked.
Floyd felt his jaw drop, animal was sitting at the bench, playing the drums as though he had been for years, his rhythm was perfect and he was creating a wondrous noise. He was jumping in place in his seat and looked wild and crazy while he panted, growled, laughed and made throatily noises.
“Oh rully?!” Janice shouted out in shock,
“Wow!”
“That solves that little dilemma of ours.” Zoot and Dr. Teeth said, sharing looks of aw, unable to look away; it was like beautiful magic. When animal was done he laid his arms down on the drum set and panted heavily between his laughs. Floyd smiled knowing what his friends were thinking because he was thinking it as well, this could work.
They weren’t going to do much with their dream for becoming a band yet, mostly they would just play together and try to figure out what kind of songs they would play, what their name would be and so on. But it was a start…a very wonderful start.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
I know it's not much, but I promise the next chapter will be up tomorrow morning! Comment Please! I love knowing what others think of my baby! (in a totaly not creepy way!)

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Chapter #8

“You talk to him!”

“Why me? This is your own idea!”

“But you are the best like reasoner.”

“Ok, ok, fine. I’ll go talk to him.”
Dr. Teeth did not like the fact that he was the one chosen to talk to Floyd about animal, but he did anyway, he only hoped he could get through to Floyd. So he ran across the street to where they all spotted Floyd walking animal, who walked ahead of Floyd.

“Floyd! Hold up! Uno memento man!” Dr. Teeth shouted,

“Dr. Teeth! Hey man! What’s up?” Floyd asked as Dr. Teeth walked up next to him, “Not much, I just wanted to share words with you.”

“Ok, I was just heading to the corner store for a few things, walk with me man.” Floyd told him beginning to walk once more. “Yeah, ok.” They were silent for a few moments, Dr. Teeth notice vaguely that Floyd had his old guitar slung over his shoulder.

“Uh, I just wanted to bring up a small concern of mine…referring to your wild pet animal.” Floyd nodded “Ok.”

“Well, I was just wondering…how the training was going?”

“It’s going alright, animal is really sweet…but-”

Dr. Teeth frowned “What?”

“It’s just animal is so wild, untamed, and he loses his temper and loses self-control, he is always wondering off, and breaking things, and he seems to hate strangers he always growls at people he doesn’t know and doesn’t like I swear he is going to attack someone someday! The only time he calm is when it is just him and I and I play him a gentle melody. And he can’t distinguish between what to eat and what not to eat! I don’t know what to do! He attacks everything! The TV, the radio, the stove, even the mailman! Chased him for five blocks! He keeps hurting himself to! Burned himself on the stove, fell down the stairs, whenever he walks off I can’t find him for hours I get worried, and something bad happens! I’m going to tear my hair out!”

Floyd panted after his long speech was done, Dr. Teeth never knew he felt this way, but it was kind of a relief “Look, Floyd I like animal, I really do. He can be the sweetest thing in the world, but he needs help.” it was kind of true animal was dangerous and wild, but niether him nor Zoot or Janice took much of a fancy to him, they didn't dislike him, it was more of a fear, unsure, confused type of feeling.

“Zoot and Janice agree with me, he needs help, it may come out to be harsh and maybe cruel, but it will be for his own good. Before I say what I think he needs I want you to know that even though I, Janice and Zoot didn’t like animal at all when we first knew him, we have grown to care about him and I must applaud you for trying to help him. But unless something harsh is done, he will bite or attack the wrong person and end up being put down. And none of us want that…”

Dr. Teeth felt bad that some of what he was saying was untrue, but most was true, animal did needed some tough love. He couldn’t go on being mollycoddled, something bad would happen. Floyd was quite for a few moments as they arrived at the corner store, Walking in Floyd said quietly “but…he’s just a little messed up!”

Dr. Teeth was sympathetic but continued “I think he needs a little tough love, your too soft on him and I’d hate to say it but maybe there was a reason the tamer was so harsh with him…he’s uncontrollable Floyd.”

Dr. Teeth paused to allow his words to sink in, Floyd held animal’s hand looking horribly upset “I-I don’t want to hurt him…” Dr. Teeth patted him on the back “I know, but just think about what I said, you’ll do the right thing. I know you will…when you’re done meet us at your house, we’ll just be sitting in your backyard.”

Floyd nodded evading his eye; Dr. Teeth patted him on the shoulder before he walked out of the store. Floyd looked down at animal who was eyeing all the merchandise; he had a lot to think about...

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Sorry this took so long! Hope no one is mad! I was kind of busy this morning!:embarrassed: But just like I promised, here is the next part! Hope you all enjoy it!:flirt:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Sorry this took so long! Hope no one is mad! I was kind of busy this morning!:embarrassed: But just like I promised, here is the next part! Hope you all enjoy it!:flirt:
This is a great story! I know they haven't come up with the name of the band, but I know the band was called Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem. More story asap!