MC Community: Where is it going?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Ryan I agree.
This is just why I havent been posting here. Theres just too much negativity, and people dont realize you can't always get what you want. As fans we can't all be pleased, and we're getting good stuff now.

I can also see groups forming like Snowth said. This shouldn't be happening, period. It is (again quoting D'Snowth) a COMMUNITY.

I dont know when I'll show up again, because of all the arguing, politics, religion etc. This isn't the Muppets.

Jim was about peace, love & understanding.
I am not seeing that here. :sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Thank you Kevin. You made a good point about all of us members responsibility to do our own part about keeping things running smoothly and happily.
Whether we have 2 mods or 20 mods or 200 mods or 20000 or more we must not rely on them alone to look after the forum for us. If we would all only try to be co-operative and more understanding with each other then many such unpleasant incidents could be quickly smoothed over or perhaps avoided altogether.

And the mods we do have will have more time to chat with us about the Muppets and other fun topics. Come on everybody. Let's all make a sincere effort.
While it is good to police yourself or else things could get very crazy (and everyone should follow the rules of course) I do think mods do have a job to be..well, mods (and we love them for all they do ^.^). Their jobs sort of do give them more work that takes them away from the joys of just posting in the first place:embarrassed:. I 've known mods that for all accounts pretty much run the sites they look after when the webmaster has not been seen for years and the site needs each and every one of them...While this may seem unfair it does sort of go with the title (or at least the title has far back as I have understood it) because the internet is a crazy place :sympathy:...

I've been trying to block people I disagree with a lot, but often the replies they make are directed squarely at me, so I almost feel rude if I don't answer somehow, for better or worst..We actually do agree sometimes, which is a shame to miss by blocking them totally IMHO:sympathy:

I actually see far less fighting here than on any other forum I've ever been to, I honestly think you guys are doing a fine job at being peaceful ^.^

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm very sorry Barry feels the way he does. :frown:
I hope he feels like coming back in the future. We will miss you Barry. :sympathy:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I don’t see the community going downhill. I just think the membership needs to better police themselves so moderation doesn’t have to, at which point complaints arise when we DO have to police threads (which IS our jobs).
Though I agree with this, I think that mods have to provide a good example for the members, especially newer ones, to follow. Though you and Count do this, and quite well might I add, you two are the only visible mods! How can two people (who moderate entirely differently) provide a good example to a community with at least 100 regular posting members and a total of 10 000?

This is kind of a safer area for Muppet Central products that don't actually say Muppet on them or have an "official" character even though this is essentially Java...er...JaMa. I just threw it together bit it turned out kinda cute. :embarrassed: Still a longshot, but hey. I tried!
THAT IS AMAZING, Jamie! I love it! I would definately be interested in buying something with a logo like that.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
This is kind of a safer area for Muppet Central products that don't actually say Muppet on them or have an "official" character even though this is essentially Java...er...JaMa. I just threw it together bit it turned out kinda cute. :embarrassed: Still a longshot, but hey. I tried!
That is awsome. nice job.:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That re-titling sounds like a keen idea.
And that's another thing, what's with the constant re-titling of threads, mostly mine? In a way, its almost insulting, because it's almost like saying nobody around here knows what's an appropriate or fitting title for a thread.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh wow, Jamie! That MC guy is SO cute! I am suddenly desperate for one of those hats!
Me, too!

I want a "M" Central hat and mug. They're so cool! It'd be neat to see those come up as a way to support the site, and it's not something that would cause any legal problems. Love 'em all to crazy!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Though I agree with this, I think that mods have to provide a good example for the members, especially newer ones, to follow. Though you and Count do this, and quite well might I add, you two are the only visible mods! How can two people (who moderate entirely differently) provide a good example to a community with at least 100 regular posting members and a total of 10 000?
I can see your point MrsPepper. I agree we do need the right number of active mods but at the same time we all need to do our own part to help as well.
We must be able to strike a happy medium between both Kevin's point and yours.

I know it can't happen overnight, but I hope we will all work to accomplish the goal for our community.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I agree with Marty. I don't know for what reasons about 5 diffrent people are about to, are, or have left, but I sure don't want that number to go higher. Hopefuly everyone, or most everyone anyway, can strike a middle ground on this issue.