MC Dorms: 2009: Home for the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Newsie (on a Dorm-only TV channel that he just set up): This is a Muppet Newsflash. The wedding of the semester, between the human Kelly and the dinosaur Spike, will occur this Saturday, according to the most recent interview with my roommates. Anyone who chooses to attend need not agree to come beforehand, just show up if you feel like it. This is to counter, according to close sources, an unfortunate occurrence where a party was offered and many agreed and only one showed up. So, no one will be sending out invitations. This newscast is to be considered a rhetorical invitation. The location was GOING to be on the Dorm rooftop, but due to some repair work from last semester, it was decided that maybe that wasn't the brightest idea. Thus, it shall occur in the Game Room, located on the basement level of the Dorms. Stay tuned to this channel for further updates.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (back in room 2, sighs, downcast): Man ... I just can't find the right style for me.

Spike: Don't worry 'bout it.

Kelly: Maybe we should postpone it.

Spike (rolls eyes): Ovah a dress?

Kelly (sighs, buries her head under a sofa pillow)

Spike: Mind tellin' me what's got ya so down?

Kelly (shrugs, mumbling): I dunno.

Spike: Cold feet?

Kelly: I'm warm-blooded.

Spike (grins): Well, ya warm mine, heheheh. You afraid no one'll show?

Kelly: ...

Spike (nods): T'ought so. Look, toots ... we give our own lives meanin'. No one else can do dat. Dis is gonna be fun, you'll see.

Kelly (sighs): Maybe we should wait a week.

Spike: But yer only off for dat clinical t'ing dis Monday. If we wait 'til da next weekend, you'll have ta go an' pick a patient. *takes her by the hand* Come Saturday, at noon -- you an' I get hitched.

Kelly (goes to sleep on Spike's arms)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Tacks notice on the bulletin board.

Guys... Since I've been called to mailwatch duty, waiting for a package for my sister, I'll be offline most of the day until it arrives. Any new requests for residency will be tended when I return. Kelly's in charge until I get back later whenever. Thanks and have a good day.

MC Dorms Management.

Last edited:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (reads notice): I've got class this morning. *pats Pearl on the back* Tag -- you're it.

Pearl (opens her mouth to say something, but Kelly's already gone, sighs)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: So are you all unpacked Cookie Monster?
Cookie: Me travel very light. Me just need comb, teddy bear and pillow. Me low maintanance monster.
Beth: Gotcha. Well in case I haven't said it yet, I'm so excited you're living with us this semester
Cookie: Me too. Now when we eat?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back. Thanks Kelly. *Sends package to Mom so she can send it off to my sister.

*Settles in for some afternoon thread-tending with a frothy fruit frappe.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (nods to Ed): We were glad ta help, hon, but there wasn't a whole lot ta watch.

Cotterpin (at the common room bay window): Well, except for that ...

*at the poolhouse, there are bright flames reaching far up into the sky but nothing is consumed*

Pearl (goes over to the window): O_O Lordy mercy -- what in tarnation is that?

Cotterpin: Kelly said she needed to let off some steam before the wedding this weekend. She's been kinda moody.

Pearl: Uh-HUH.

Cotterpin: She said something about needing to feel cosmic power, the harmony of the spheres ... something like that.

Pearl: Right ... where's Spike in all this?

Cotterpin: Uh, I dunno. He might be in there with her. I can't tell.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna lie down for a while. Need a break from the computer. And the small headache from moderating elsewheres. :shifty:

Check back in a couple of hours folks.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (comes in from the pool): Ahhhh.

Spike (putting on his jacket): That was ... different.

Kelly (grins): Heehee. *looks around* Wow, I wonder how much the college or whatever costs around here. Maybe tuition went up and that's why there are only like a handful of people here.

Spike: Dere's a college?

Kelly (shrugs): I kind of assumed so, being that there's a dorm for it. *laughs, enters the common room and breaks out a textbook*

Spike: You decided ta do your homework? How long has dat been assigned?

Kelly: Um ... since last week.

Spike (rolls eyes): Nuttin' evah changes, does it?

Kelly (playfully flings the textbook at Spike)

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Beige: (listening in) Sugar binge. Sounds like a plan to me...do we have any more of that triple-fudge crunch?
Nora: Have at it - I hear that the FDA's got that on a watch list because of the sheer amount of caffeine and sugar. (goes looking for strawberry shortcake)
Storyteller: Well, I am all for a nice radish ripple - how about you two?
Erin: Two scoops of that raspberry hazelnut one.
Scooter: And I'm going to be really reckless and join Beige in the triple-fudge crunch.
Storyteller: You boys are planning on getting some sleep tonight, aren't you?

(gang settles on the sofa with their respective flavors)

Status
Not open for further replies.