MC Dorms: 2009: Home for the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Because of the magic of certain Hensonian realms, the game room has been expanded to accomodate for as many guests and embellishments as it wishes to hold. Think of it as our own MC version of the Room of Requirement.

*Count and Uncle D are dressed for the occasion, both of them standing gallantly for Countess Dahling and Auntie Eleanor respectively, as they too arrived to attend the ceremony. Ed's taking a bit to finish dressing, there are certain vestments he needs help in donning. *Fatatatita watches over our gifts, perched up on the table napping for the moment. Finally, all of Room 1's occupants are here to watch what'll happen happen.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (sits next to Ed and company): Well, howdy, hon's ... glad ta see y'all made it. I think that youngin' Junior Gorg must be settin' things up, considerin' there's a bit o' stallin' ta do as we wait. You 'member seein' that? He had a laundry list o' things ta do a MILE long, yessiree. I just hope we don't have ta wait that long.

Cotterpin (drives past Ed and company): Hi, guys! There are refreshments in the back to your right in the corner. There doesn't have to be TOO much room expansion ... this room is larger than some houses. *giggles and drives off to be with the Doozers to make sure they stay*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Cotterpin.
*Bats bring a few cups with soda and one with whatever Pearl's having.
Count: Ah, my bats love veddings, it makes them cry.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (in room 2 getting ready): I wonder how many will be there?

Spike (getting ready next to her): Like I said, dat's not da important t'ing. Da important t'ing is dat WE'RE dere.

*in the Game Room, As The World Falls Down plays for the enjoyment of the guests*

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Cotterpin (sighs at the low turnout, starts to sing as music plays): I can see what's happening. But they don't have a clue. Now they're in love, but WHERE'S the rest of them? Did they have stuff to do?

Pearl (sighs dreamily as the lights lower and turn blue to mimic night as fireflies flicker around and fairies sprinkle petals everywhere): The sweet caress of twilight ... there's magic everywhere .... And with all this romantic atmosphere -- a WEDDING'S in the air!

*a plaintive flute starts slow and then becomes more passionate*

Fairies (with goblins providing bass scatting): Can you feel the love tonight? The peace the evening brings? The world, for once -- in perfect harmony, with all its living things!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Spike (appears in a brief swirl of glitter, turned to the left, facing the back door of the Game Room, dressed in a rich black long-sleeved jacket, a white shirt with black tie, a silver chain on his shoulder, shiny black boots, and a red bandanna): So many t'ings ta tell her. How ta make her see? Da truth about my past? (sighs) Impossible. She'd turn away from me.

Kelly (appearing in the same fashion but facing right, dressed in a three-piece suit with black vest, black slacks, black shoes, a red long-sleeved blouse, and her hair in a curly ponytail with gold ivy in her hair with red leaves): He's holding back. He's hiding. But what? (shakes her head as dozens of red roses appear in her arms) I can't decide! Why won't he be the king I know he is -- the king I see inside?

All: Can you feel the love tonight? The peace the evening brings? The world, for once, in perfect harmony -- with all its living things? *music bridges in a romantic gentle instrumental*

Kelly (turns to Spike, who turns toward her, each taking each other's hands): All my life I've searched for the one who could make my heart sing. Every time you stand beside me -- I have everything. I only know you'll make me happy. *shrugs, smiles* That's all I need to know.

Spike (nods, smirking): After everyt'ing we've been t'rough, nobody treats me quite the same as you. I will follow you wherevah my heart shall lead. *caresses her cheek* You're all I evah need. I only know you'll make me happy. *chuckles* Dat's all I need ta know, toots.

All (singing loudly as they kiss): Can you feel the love tonight? You needn't look too far! Stealing through the night's uncertainties ... love is where they are!

Kelly (gently): And if he feels the love tonight -- in the way I do ....

Spike: It's enough, for this restless wanderah, just ... to be ... with you!

*The lights go back up, the room is returned to normal*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Afterwards, at the party... *Quietly: Hey Kelly? Would you like to dance? BTW: It was a nice ceremony, we were just waiting for the right moment to celebrate. If you need to talk, you know my mailer's always open for you.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Spike (smirks to Ed): Considerin' I married her, may I dance wit' her instead? *chuckles*

Kelly (smiles sadly but politely): Thanks, Ed, but Spike and I are going to go have some private time alone. I'm happy to have the male of my dreams ... I just ... need some fresh air.

Spike (nods, pats Ed on the shoulder): Glad ya liked it, dough. I ain't an expert in fluffy stuff -- we were just sorta wingin' it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure... Thought you already danced though, no worries.

*Lets Kelly have her alone time. C'mon guys, we'll party another day. *Herds roomies and their dates out of the game room, whereupon both creepy couples depart in the Count's car, leaving me to change back into normal hangin' out clothes.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Newsie (leaves a note on Cait and Ailie's door): From the desk of room 2 ... We just wanted to thank you for your support. The wedding was a true joy and it wouldn't have been the same without you. We noticed you frequently popped in to see what was happening. Your attendance was much appreciated.

Kelly and Spike (dining at Scorched and Snowed)

Pearl (to Cotterpin): So ... how's that amusement park thingie goin', hon?

Cotterpin: Oh, it's a real big hit with all the Doozers! No hiccups, no trips to the medics -- it's great! I'm thinking of setting up something similar at that National Park south of here.

Pearl: Well, do me a favor, hon -- make some rides big enough to fit an ol' gal like me.

Cotterpin (nods, smiling): Oh, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.