MC Dorms: 2009: Home for the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (thumbing her guitar in the common room): C'mon, sugah, you need to loosen up a lil' ... let your guard down.

Newsie (reading TIME magazine): I don't engage in silly wordplay. *glances at her with a raised eyebrow* It can be rather debilitating.

Pearl (shoos him away playfully): Now don't let a lil' thang like bad luck get ya down. *winks at him* You think I really let th' fact mah whole world came crashin' down get me blue? *shakes her head* Now, when I point to ya, sugah, you start a-singin'.

Newsie (sighs, puts down magazine): So this is what Bert goes through every day. I'm surprised he doesn't have a therapist.

Pearl: Oh, hush! *inhales, sings a country version of the Fraggle's Song of Songs* C'mon, y'all, let's go down to the dock! Don't be late -- it's time fer takin' stock!

Cotterpin (drives up and joins in): Everybody's got a part to play!

Pearl (grins, nodding): Uh-huh! I sho' hope you brought your heart today!

Spike (trying to watch tv, annoyed at the singing): ....

Pearl (glaring at him)

Spike: ...

Pearl (sighs, glancing at Spike): I won't stop until you sing alo-ong!

Spike (nearly crushes the remote in his hand and sighs): 'Cause we b'long ... to da song, 'cause da rock goes on an' on an' on.

Pearl (does a quick guitar solo): One is fer th' ones who came before!

Newsie (smiling, getting into a little groove): Two is for the treasures at our door!

Pearl (laughs): I won't hold mah breath, darlin'!

Cotterpin: Three is for the rocking jubilee-ee....

Kelly (in her bedroom, totally studying): Four is for the future that will be.

All: 'Cause when we start to sing, we sing it stro-ong! 'Cause we belong, to the song, 'cause the rock goes on an' on an' ... 'cause we belong, to the song, 'cause the rock goes on an' on an' --.

Kelly (sighing happily, staring at Game Den's Silent Hill video reviews, drawing the owl she saw the other day staring at her from atop a power pole on the side of the road)

Katzi428

Reaction score
Stealthily sneaking in & knocking on Room 1's door Guess whoooo?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Unfortunately, the main resident of Room 1 was asleep when that knock came. He wonders why the key to Room 6 is no longer at the lobby's desk's backwall with the other available rooms' keys. He surmisses there must be someone new occupying Room 6... Though he's not sure if the residents of that room are anywhere around at this time. He shrugs it off, letting his bootiful black cat scamper out and about the hallway, as she'll find the people who've moved into Room 6 and report back.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, so he's resorted to doing a clutzy Mexican maraca solo?
Roomies: It doesn't have to be a soloooo!
*Soon the place is full of Whatnots singing Cabin Fever.

Arriba!
*Leaves muffins and doughnuts for everyone in the common room. :insatiable:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Cookie: Did me hear Kathy last night?
Beth: I don't know, I hope so, I have missed her!
Red: Me too!
*they wander out to see if the inhabitants of Room 6 have actually come back for a stay*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Watching some TV... Must destroy Miracle Whip! Dirty shmear campaigners, we have to hit them where it hurts... In their profit margins! Margins? Mmm, buttered bagels. *Is easily distracted today. :zany

Katzi428

Reaction score
*Unfortunately, the main resident of Room 1 was asleep when that knock came. He wonders why the key to Room 6 is no longer at the lobby's desk's backwall with the other available rooms' keys. He surmisses there must be someone new occupying Room 6... Though he's not sure if the residents of that room are anywhere around at this time. He shrugs it off, letting his bootiful black cat scamper out and about the hallway, as she'll find the people who've moved into Room 6 and report back.
Fatatita!bending down & petting the beautiful black cat I've missed mew!
Gaffer runs from out of nowhere & starts rubbing against me purring like crazy
Gaffer!Hey sweetie!picking her upOf course I've missed you too!
Gaffer has an odd look in her eyes after rubbing up against me
Huh?Oh...you probably smell my kitten Bailey that I have at home.He's cute but VERY hyper! Come on....let 's get to Room 6.I've missed you all a whole bunch!
trying to open the door...it's locked...but then I hear a little Latina voice say I think that's Kathy!
No..it's the Man in the Moon! C'mon...open the door!These bags are heavy!
the door swings open & I hear a chorus of WELCOME BACK KATHY!
Hi everyone!
Rosita:Oh KathyI've missed you!hugs me
I've missed you too!returning her hug
Prairie hugging me:I thought you never were going to come back!
Well,here I am!hugging Prairie
Grover:Kathy babyyyyy!gigantic sized hugI was going to whack you on the back like I do to froggie baby but some people do not like that.
True,Grover.Big hugs are better giving Grover big hug And kisses too.giving Grover a kiss on his little furry cheek
Grover:Awwww Kathy....holding cheek

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha huh? Kathy's back? Yaey! :smile:
That makes me smile, even if Ima feeling a bit blah regarding my babies. This blah hits me every now and again, probably cause I can't make 'em real, not even as 2D artist renderings. *Small sigh.

*Puts a Welcome Back banner across Room 6's doorframe so Kathy'll see it when she steps out. *Orders a garlic shrimp sub from the Rock & Roll Deli. :hungry:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Wha huh? Kathy's back? Yaey! :smile:
That makes me smile, even if Ima feeling a bit blah regarding my babies. This blah hits me every now and again, probably cause I can't make 'em real, not even as 2D artist renderings. *Small sigh.

*Puts a Welcome Back banner across Room 6's doorframe so Kathy'll see it when she steps out. *Orders a garlic shrimp sub from the Rock & Roll Deli. :hungry:
Wow! Look at this sign! Ed was so nice to make it for me:smile: I gotta remember to thank him when he gets back.
Garlic shrimp sub?YUMMY!

(Gee..thanks Ed!NOW You've made me hungry for one of those.I have a ham &turkey w/onion waiting for me in the fridge but it's meant to be for my dinner)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (dragging Spike): C'mon, sugah ... you know I can't resist me some homewarmin'!

Spike (digging his heels): You aren't my mudder?

Pearl (whips around, grabs him by the earring): Naw, but I sure as heck know how ta throw mah weight around ... now you be nice an' straighten up an' say howdy ta all these nice folks, y'hear?

Spike (nods quickly)

Newsie (carrying Cotterpin on his shoulder, knocks on room 6): Ahem! Do you have enough free time for some visitors? *looks around as Pearl and Spike show up* Big ones?

Cotterpin (cupping her hands over her mouth): And little ones!

Kelly (walking stiffly to room 6): Am I late?

Cotterpin (shaking her head): Newsie just knocked. How's your arm?

Kelly (looks at the bruise): I'll live. Poor Bear, though -- I got so mad when he bit me he doesn't seem 100% comfortable around me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.