MC Dorms: 2009: Summer Vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sending latest addition to Kelly and Cait, the Count tacks up another illustration square onto his posterboard tableau.

After this we're reading Carrie, then working on Clifford's monstrifying.
Count: Talk to Erin about Nora/Emily?
Of corpse. Have to post a thread asking for help with Humphrey, though I have an idea of what the hobgoblin should look like.

busy: :hungry: :scary:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (staring at laptop): GAAAAAH!

Pearl: What is it, hon?

Kelly (bangs head on desk): I can't go to sleep because ... well ... the dogs have issues again and I have to keep watch. I've been wanting to script the Labyrinth's puzzles, but I'm at a major loss due to lack of sleep. Help?

Pearl: Sorry, can't help ya much there, darlin'.

Kelly: I NEED SOME DANG PUZZLES! SOMEBODY GET ME SOME PUZZLES!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well...
Count: Could give you the 3 x 3 Magic Square—that's the only one Ed knows by heart—you could get creative with that.
Or we could cite some Riddler episodes from BTAS, he was and is one of my fave villains.

*Hopes Dr. Teeth is okay... Probably went in person to the memorial. Ima also worried bout how Squeaky will be dealing with this.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (wearily smiles): The problem is that we, in the fic anyway and most likely in the Dorms version, start off in the hedge maze. Not a whole lot happened there in the movie except the talk with Wiseman, getting Ludo, and the door knocker goblins. That, and I'm splitting up the group into three teams of nine, based on general characteristics. That way, each group can be focused on in a chapter and not get forgotten or something. :smile: There are thirteen hours, so all I have left is six chapters, two hours apiece aside from the ending, which will be three hours. Or something like that. I might have the next three chapters be six hours each and just redo the same six hours with each team.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Then I'd suggest putting in some obstacle-like puzzles for the different bands of travelers. That way, each has a turn in solving them or contributing to the solution. Plus, that'd probably help in plotting the obstacles, patterning them to a specific member in the groups. Or... To the complete opposite. Like for example, instead of a numbers puzzle for Count, give him something alphabetical or letter-based in nature, scramble some alpha-numeric sequencing or Roman numeral deciphering. Hope this gives you a few ideas to run with. :big_grin:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hoggle (slips an invitation to the Labyrinth to Erin and company before going to bed, then remembers to slip one under Bo's door as well)
Scooter: (studying invitation) "You...are invited...to come to...Labyrinth...signed...Hoggle."
Nora: (re-reading Baudelaire) So what's that about?
Scooter: Guess it's what it says...so what should I send back?
Erin: (sitting down with hiking boots and a wet rag) Sounds like fun...if you guys are hip, I'm hip. Just ask what it'll involve. (starts to clean and buff the boots)
Storyteller: Well, I think it would be worthwhile, and of cultural and mental importance, and...
Beige: Careful, Storyteller, you're starting to sound like Sam. Oh, and Nora, Ed left you a message - might want to see what's up. (hands Nora a note)
Nora: Thanks. (calls Ed on phone) Hi, Ed, did you or the Count call here a while ago?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*On phone... Yes, thanks for calling back. Erm, there are three others before, but I'll be needing a good descript of what you look like generally... Then I can take that and imagine your monstrification. *Whispers so only Nora can hear, not spoiling the surprise of who she'll be to Erin. Include as much as you feel okay with, height compared to other Muppets, hair, head shape, eyes/eyelids/lashes, nose or lack thereof, fingers... The usual. Oh, and a few i-scream flavor choices. That'd be appreciated. Oh, and tell Scooter his turn will be coming soon after.

If you or the Room 7 gang's curious about the Labyrinth, just go to the FanFic section of the Three Candlesticks and pick up/read Jareth's Summer Bash.
Thanks again, g'night.

*Finishes and hangs up.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (sits grinning on a common room sofa, watching tv)

Pearl (also sitting on the sofa): You just couldn't resist, could ya?

Kelly: Why, I can't imagine what you could POSSIBLY mean.

Pearl: You really enjoyed lettin' Digit have it in that there tall tale of yours, didn't ya?

Kelly (grins wider, if that's possible): I concede to a certain amount of fuzzy warmness.

Pearl (sighs, rolls eyes)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That was very heartwrenching.
UD: Hmmm?
Oh, just finished reading Carrie. I'm ready to add her now.

*Count grooms Fatatatita's fur with a black-handled hairbrush.
Also have to take care of a few errands, most notably deciding which specials I'll get to start rebuilding the Hensonium video library.

Good night all.
The dorms have been brought to you by the number 7...
UD: And by the letter... *Consults notes. V.

*Sleepy theme music plays in the background.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (grumbling)

Cotterpin: Still got the runs?

Kelly (cleans the mop): The wee ones are getting better -- I'll admit that.

Cotterpin: Poor kid. We've got some more answered invitations, but no wishes.

Kelly: I'll deal with it after breakfast and shopping.

Cotterpin: So, how am I gonna save the day?

Kelly: Pardon?

Cotterpin: Well, a lot of residents have already participated in puzzles and traps and stuff. Do I get to save the day next?

Kelly: I was thinking of it. I wanted everyone to have a good moment before I end it Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.