MC Dorms: 2009: Summer Vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (gawks at Ed): Dude.

Pearl: Well, I'm glad this is a movie. I've heard the books are about as heavy as me. *giggles*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I take it you like it Kells? Consider this sweet payback for our brief scampering into that maze of yours. *Devilish grin.

UD: Yes, but the books are so much richer.
Count: Indeed. We're proponents of it being an hour-long series like Smallville/Supernatural instead of the movie franchise.
Belfryra: What would movie producers know anyway... It's all a matter of slash this and dash that just so they can get the stash of cash.

*Tickets are presented and sodas and popcorn purchased as we step into our seats before the movie starts.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (despite her diet, can't resist popcorn): So, is Tom Riddle like Phoenix? "Gee, I feel all alone in the universe 'cause I'm major super-bad and no one likes me so now I think I'll kill everyone in the universe!"

Pearl (smirks): That kinda attitude sure do sound familiar.

Kelly (rolls eyes, nods): Yeh, why ISN'T Chamby watching this with us? I've heard this is the Empire Strikes Back of the Potter flicks.

Pearl: I wasn't talkin' 'bout sugah-muffin.

Kelly: But I imagine myself as a phoenix. I'd be against Mr. Snake Boy. *pause* Tom Riddle is so Orochimaru.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Lets Kelly keep picking kernels from the open bag.

Maybe Chamberlain had stuff to do, like keep tossing bad insults at Dr. T?
Yes... But unlike that snake man, Riddle can't morph into the form of previous victims. And if you were a phoenix, how would you handle the burn-up of constant self-imolation and rebirth? *Can't decide which I like more, the frosty blonde Emma or red-head flaming Jean. Meh... *Is glad to be here with Kelly instead.

*Watching the movie... :frown: Don't agree with that part at all. Was rully hoping for the bit where Scarhead shows Scrimgeor the lines on the back of his right hand.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (watches movie that she admittedly knows little about beforehand): But Riddle does hide himself in stuff to live forever. It's kind of the same. Jean can lean very close to Mary Sue territory. Emma's more interesting psychologically.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
True... There's a bit of him hiding even inside Scarhead. You know, there's a parody about Potter in the Grim Adventures series. *Snickers.
So, which would you rather be... Emma or Jean? Phoenix or Dark? Rachael as Phoenix or Madeline as Goblin Queen?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (shrugs): When I'm in a good mood, I'd rather be Jean-slash-Phoenix. However, considering I'm acting heir of the Labyrinth, obviously Madeline becomes rather interesting. Madeline is a lot like Mizumi, in a way. I'm definitely more Goblin Queen material when I'm upset. *chuckles* I once sent in a piece of letter art to Wizard Magazine where Jareth kisses Madeline. It looked pretty bad and it never got published ... but at least I have had art published before, back when the Simpsons had a magazine.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's interesting. *As the movie has ended, we hop back into the Countmobile, driving over to the Deep Freeze parlor as that's closest. We used to do this back when we went to see movies with my dad, cause the small theater we would frequent was right next to a Baskin-Robbins. It's been ages since that though. Would you like anything in particular Kell?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (just wakes up in room 2, with chocolate ice cream stains on her lips)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Peering into pocketed crystal ball. Mmm, sure hope Kells enjoyed herself last night. *Puts crystal ball away. Count and Uncle D are halving some toasted bagels for breakfast this morning, chatting about the movie and the books of Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.