MC I Love the New Millennium

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I thought that was actually one of Pixar's weakest movies so far... even A Bug's Life was better than that, and that's not one of my favorites.
I actually rather liked Cars. It was a fun movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was around at this place back in 1998. The website was primitive compared to what it is now.

"The new Millennium isn't something I love so far, nothing good has happen, it's actually pretty sad, maybe that's why everyone loves talking about the 80s it was so much more fun than now.

Yeah I'm sure that's why"

Agreed. I hate the 2000's. I mean I graduated high school and college, but nothing good has really happened.
And here I am acting like the only one who got the short end of this crappy-tacular decade. I finished college 4 years ago, and have been steadily turned down from even crappy jobs since. At the risk of turning this political, we're living in a Neo-Conservative distopia. I have no problem with anyone's political orientation. We need all sides of a story to make things work. Even Traditional conservatives I don't mind. But NeoCons? A bunch of silver spoon jerks that want to keep the rich rich? And people are wondering why the economy collapsed in on itself? And something tells me the results of the next election aren't even going to change that. And I mean, no matter who wins.

Aside from that, I hate new video games, I hate reality programs, I hate fringe cable networks that want to become mainstream and alienate their viewers, I hate Disney Channel's live action slop killing cartoons, I hate that accoustic guitar music with weak singing vocals (how is that artistic? long live rock!), and I hate that hedgehog! And I Hates that r-r-r-r-rabbit!

Of course, it's not all terrible. There are some things that I liked...

Ultimate Muscle (though it's a 1999 comic book revival of a 1980's comic... but the cartoon came out in 2001, and I never heard of the show outside, so it counts)
Spongebob... though technically it premired in 1999... but it became popular in 2001, so that counts too...
Batman Begins (and I know I'm gonna love Dark Knight)
The Spidey films... and the new Spidey series...
Kirby of the Stars the anime... that was pretty cool. Ended a little different than I would have liked it too...
That year and a half period where Statler and Waldorf had their own web series.
Homestarrunner.com ... don't know if that started in 2000... I assume it was.

And there is a bunch of other stuff.

in fact, cartoons were pretty cool, until everyone decided that they have to compete with a certain channel's line up, and bucked a trend that shouldn't have started in the first place.

But onto more possitive things.

I thought that was actually one of Pixar's weakest movies so far... even A Bug's Life was better than that, and that's not one of my favorites.
I liked Cars, and Pixar hasn't disappointed me yet. But it was their weakest. It's my least favorite, that's for sure. But I can't say I didn't like it. Though I think it had 2 major problems...

The use of pre-existing music. it gave it an annoying pop feel that works better for Dreamwork's films *. I mean, had they used either original music, or just a score it would have been better. Maybe it's cause I don't like Rascal Flatts.

The car characters were all tired stereotypes. The Blue collar truck was voiced by a blue collar comedian (who I admit was a lot more tolerable than I thought he'd be), there was an obligatory Latino hipster car.... you know what I mean. But the actors did an amazing job of taking away the stereotypes and making them characters. George Carlin was especially great in it.

* On the subject of Dreamworks cramming pop music into its films... I HATED how they used Live and Let Die at the king's funeral in Shrek the Third. it's so out of place, and not sutible for anything else. Plus, did they REALLY need to shove a pop music piece there? Not some classical score or something heartbreaking and beautiful? Of course, i love how Kung Fu Panda only used one pop song at the end... and they even rewrote it with better lyrics.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Golly..Me thinks I need to say something good...

The fact that I have yet to get a college anything (despite the fact that I have taken all the english classes there, some just for fun because I love the subject) because I am awful at math (mix numbers with letters and my dyslexia and learning disability and it is not pretty), lost nearly all of my friends from high school (class of 2001) who now act like they don't know me, the X-Men comic storyline (I am a comic collector and have been since '96) has gone downhill face first from 2000 onward because of the movies and then the awful awful 3rd one, and I also hate "reality" shows not only because they feed off the worst side of being human but because they killed a lot of the classic game show era aside....

I really like new video games :smile:. That is, there seem to be a mix of good ones to bad ones just like always...=But then I come from a background of not being allowed to own any video games before 1999. So I guess you could call these my glory rebel days of playing every fantasy RPG and Harvest Moon game I can get me hot little hands on that I buy with my own money :smile:.
I like the 2000's because it is so easy to get at least some tv shows (like FR) on official boxsets to love forever..In the 90's it was only a dream to get more than two episodes on a VHS (if you were lucky). Also, the price of anime is soooo much better now, unlike in the 90's when a VHS with one or two episodes was $30 :smile:.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Reality shows are completely horrible, although "Are You Smarter That A 5th Grader" is kind of interesting. Well that's more of a game show.

Has anyone noticed that all of the game shows beginning with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire use those big flashy futuristic sets?

I don't even watch television anymore, except old shows that I have seen multiple times.

I'm still trying to figure out how getting a bachelor's in college has helped me. The past jobs I had all required a high school diploma I could have easily got without going to college. I've also had people in all the jobs I've had since graduating college as me "what I'm doing at the place since I graduated college" meaning I should get out and do something with my education or go get a better job that pays a lot more (which I agree with).

Has graduating college better? It depends on the definition of better. Yes I know how to study better than I did in high school or my freshman and sophomore years in college and yes I learned a lot of new things when the subject I chose as a major, but the degree itself hasn't landed me a good paying job.

(This discussion as turned into a college discussion!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Reality shows are completely horrible, although "Are You Smarter That A 5th Grader" is kind of interesting. Well that's more of a game show.
Well, Are you Smarter is more of a game show, not a reality show. Horrible game shows were popping up all over when the writers went on strike. They were cheap to produce, and required no talent.

It's the reality shows that are really terrible. To quote Garfield, whoever came out with "Farmer wants a wife" should be drug out into the street and shot.

TV did get better with things like The Office, My Name is Earl, Heroes, and Pushing Daisies... but the latter 2 have been put on hiatus, no thanks to the strike. I understand why they did it... but they really didn't get all that much anyway.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's the reality shows that are really terrible. To quote Garfield, whoever came out with "Farmer wants a wife" should be drug out into the street and shot.
Man! Those were the good older say then they are now because they are not the oldest day. But they were a time when you could get away with saying that kind of thing on a cartoon on Saturday morning. *sigh...*:stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I really love the Lord Of The Rings Series a lot!
Ewww...it was torture just watching the first hour of the first movie. I gave up because I could feel my brain started to implode. I never want to suffer through that again :boo:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ewww...it was torture just watching the first hour of the first movie. I gave up because I could feel my brain started to implode. I never want to suffer through that again :boo:
The first movie is my favorite, I have the extended version boxset of all three movies :big_grin:. Even so, my favorite book and movie is still The Hobbit :excited: