Miley and Demi

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ok, I just looked it up, and it said Miley was on drugs.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I randomly typed in Miley Cyrus on Google, and a bunch of result came up, and quite a few of them said she was on drugs.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I randomly typed in Miley Cyrus on Google, and a bunch of result came up, and quite a few of them said she was on drugs.
Not saying it's not true, I don't know, but you can't go by random Google results. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, gotcha, no worries. That was just me being the researcher. :wink:

kyunkyua

Reaction score
A few years ago it came out that she smokes salvia fairly regularly, which is technically legal in most states, but still dangerous psychologically. Any hallucinogen is gonna mess you up pretty bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mark Hamil is a great voice actor. Just throwing that out there
Indeed. He got a second chance at a career through voice acting, and he's done a great job ever since. But the Joker was a huge turning point. And to think, it could have gone to Tim Curry, but he didn't get the laugh that they were looking for.

As far as these tween/teen sensations being "role models," I have no sympathy for parents who leave their children in the hands of the flavor of the month teeny boppers and then are shocked to find they're hardly the deepest or most mature people around, heh. Try introducing your kids to actual art once and awhile! :stick_out_tongue:
Again, role model is a word I (and other reasonable people) have come to hate, because of the stigma that brings.

However, I can see where they came from with Miley. And this is, I swear, the only good I think the show Hanna Montana did. Remember, we were just coming off the early 00's era fad of little girls copying Britney Spears and Christina Agulera, them wearing overtly sexual clothes, and playing with Bratz Dolls. HM was a far more wholesome alternative (even Disney's Cheetah Girls were a little sexualized), and I really think it helped stifle that very disturbing trend. I mean, it's bound to start up again, but at least with HM, she wasn't telling kids to dress up 10 years older than they should.

I give it credit for that, and I can see where the role model part comes into play here.

And like I say about Justin Beiber... I'd rather kids listen to that harmless, yet poorly written, fluff than corporate rap.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let us not forget that he does a great job voicing Skips in Regular Show as well.
Skips is my favorite character, actually. And not just because Mark voiced him.

But like I said, there is NO shame in voice acting as a career. I love Star Wars, but I think Mark is much more valuable as a voice actor, because he really has fun with it. I respect his decision to retire as the Joker, since it gets him a lot more room to stretch and do other great voices.

I LOVED his Buzz Buzzard and unnamed Badger characters on the new Woody Woodpecker show.

But more actors that just seem to disappear need to open up to voice acting roles. Look what a boon Family Guy was to Adam West. The younger generation is going to remember him for being the crazy Mayor of Quahog instead of Batman. And to think that it all stemmed from a Johnny Bravo guest spot. Butch Hartman and Seth MacFarline actually pitched an Adam West Adventures show to Cartoon Network. Same deal with Carrie Fisher and her character on the show.

I'm seeing more and more big name guest actors on various cartoon shows. George Takei in Adventure Time... Neil Patrick Harris... someone who's a huge star on one of the hottest sitcoms of the day has been on Adventure Time and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Paul Reubens as Batmite in the same Batman cartoon. Even half the cast of SNL does voice work... Kristin Wiig and Fred Armisand on The Looney Tunes Show, Bill Hader and Jason Sudekis on The Cleveland Show.

Voice acting was a great niche for Wayne Knight, Brad Garret (before Everybody Loves Raymond made him a huge star), and Patrick Warburton... people with very unique voices that could give a real cartoony performance in live action programming/movies that work even better in animation form. All three of them were on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, actually.