Miley and Demi

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just think mindless Pop like Bieber is harmful in its own way. It encourages the notion that the only thing young girls are good for is screaming for some vapid pretty boy fad.
You know whats really disturbing about that? There was a whole flock of Bieber fans at my high school. Some dude learned to play some songs on the guitar. A group of about 8 girls literally was following him around screaming how much they loved him. I think he hates me because I laughed at him when he got in trouble

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Some dude learned to play some songs on the guitar. A group of about 8 girls literally was following him around screaming how much they loved him.
That stuff does bother me sometimes. It's like in my High School Drama club when all the boys wanted to be directors, and the girls just wanted to be actresses in their movies. No wonder there aren't more female directors. Girls are too often more than willing to worship boys rather than develop their own talents.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, now that comment right there is prompting me to bite my tongue (or rather my fingers) on how desperate girls can be to get a guy, because I could go on and on and on and on about that... but I won't.

Just one example that I've seen happen before in which a girl can be so desperate that she'll go a convention, and the first guy who comes up to hit on her, she'll just up and move in with him just like that.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hmmmmm...to me its more like she is saying that you shouldn't feel like you need to have sex with someone to prove yourself. She's not saying go out and have sex with everyone.

Seriously, you can't tell people to not have sex, they will do it anyway. I think her message is more like don't just have sex with any shmuck you date for a day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's the whole "Kid should know about sex" thing that bothers me to a degree... I mean yeah, it's true, they have sex ed in school now (when I was in middle school, not sure about today, everything about school seemed to change once I graduated), but I think teaching the facts of life to kids at younger and younger ages is part of the problem of why we have so many teenaged pregnancies these days.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I believe education is never a bad thing. Kids need to be introduced to these concepts gradually and there's nothing wrong with that.

However, you should not assume that educating kids about safe sex will automatically make everything OK. The old "kids don't use condoms because no one taught them" doesn't fly anymore in the digital age. There's really no excuse for ignorance at this point.