1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Milo Murphy's Law: Upcoming Disney XD Cartoon series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drtooth, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yep, Povenmire and Marsh are back at it again. And here's the best part.

You know how Weird Al has been guest starring in all these cartoons recently, counting but not limited to Word Girl, My Little Pony, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time and Uncle Grandpa? Well, good news because He's the main character's voice actor

Seriously. Weird Al and the talent behind Rocko's Modern Life, Early Spongebob, and Phineas and Ferb. This already has me pumped. :electric:

Flaky Pudding and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Weird Al's really been on a voice-acting kick lately, and I'm very happy with that.

Not much to go on regarding the series itself, but since Dan & Swampy are involved, it sounds like it's going to be good like most of Disney's current animated shows. :)

3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear the creators of P&F are working on a new show.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  4. Drtooth

I'm just happy to know there are more animated series coming out of Disney. AS I always say, it's great that Phineas and Ferb have broken the barrier and brought Disney back to its television animated glory. P&F may be gone, and Gravity Falls might have one more episode before they're time passes, but as long as Disney makes more of these, their future is bright.

5. mr3urious

I hear that Vincent Martella, the voice of Phineas, will be voicing a character in MML. If that's true, then it's great to see he'll be making a career in voice acting, and maybe he'll be a recurring actor in Swampy & Dan's shows, too. :)

6. Drtooth

They showed the thinnest of sneak peeks during The Disney Channel rebroadcast of Weirdmageddon 3.

I like the character design here. Also mentioning "Star vs. the Forces of Evil coming to Disney XD." Uh, wasn't that always there? But the preview animation shows her with the broken wand. So does it mean the next season's starting up shortly?

7. C to the J

C to the J Active Member

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I really want to see this!

9. Drtooth

Oh...You mean this theme song?

The show already had me at Weird Al and Marsh and Povenmire. These visuals send me over the top. This show isn't on TV soon enough.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Duude, the theme song is basically Weird Al singing a Phineas and Ferb song! I love it, I can't stop listening to it!

I guess I never thought of it before but, it's Weird Al and the creators of P&F, of course their's gonna be music in it.

Super excited though, maybe this show can help fill the void of P&F that i've been missing so much. Now all we need is a new Craig McCracken show.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Looks pretty neat; I'll definitely tune in. P&F, while funny with really good music, was very formulaic. This show seems a little loose, story-wise.

12. mr3urious

But it sure did twist that formula as much as it could, especially in its later seasons.

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

True, but I think that's at least partly because after a while even the writers began to realize that Phineas and Ferb were no longer the most interesting part of the show. More and more, their parts of the show became the B plots, while Perry and Doofensmirtz's stories seemed to take center stage.

14. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

15. Drtooth

Hey look. An actual promo with an actual clip of the show.

16. mr3urious

Anyone else see this show yet? After seeing the first two episodes, I'm already hooked. I really enjoy how Milo is a jinx, yet everything works out for him eventually thanks to his optimism and over-preparedness. I also really like how his friends enjoy being with him in spite of this.

17. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

No. I forgot all about it to be honest.

18. Oscarfan

I think it's fairly "meh" at this point. Can't judge much after one episode, but I kinda hyped for it and was a little let down.

19. Drtooth

Finally caught the first episode and I'd say it met my expectations. I wasn't extremely surprised by it, nor was I disappointed. I had high standards for this show and they were met exactly. I mean, the first episode was very piloty, but not excessively so. I like how his female friend pretty much is that comfortable with Milo's bad luck that she was able to bet on him the way she did, yet was a little bit concerned about her grade point average when they had to build the egg cradle. Overall, I get a Phineas and Ferb (minus Perry and Doof) meets Eek the Cat vibe.

I feel this show definitely has potential, and hopefully they can get a lot of mileage of Milo being unlucky without it getting repetitive relatively early. Sure, Phineas and Ferb had a formula to it, but it played with it and parodied it halfway through. I'm sure if they get stuck on this series, they can pull it out with a sarcastic nod to it's themes.

20. Oscarfan

The only thing I really didn't like was the whole "our new leader" gag from the "Undergrounders." Comedy is rule of three, not 20.