Mini-muppets now in the Palisades store!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Those other PVCs sell because they are old and rare. You can't compare prices of those to these. That is like saying paying 60 for an individual figure is realistic because WWE Dr. Teeth goes for over 100. The two can't be compared.

I think these were made at a very low volume to reduce any risk of not selling. Even if only the psyco collectors (like us) buy them, they will still probably sell out because of the low numbers.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to make a comparison per se, but rather just a point of reference.

Bottom line, I'd like to see a set of all six for a slight discount say $40 or so. I think that would help Palisades and the fans.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yep. Being able to buy them all at once would have been nice. Especially for the poor folks that have to pay shipping. With 5 dollars each time, shipping alone is 15 dollars and this would likely be cheaper if all 6 were bought at once. It didn't cost me 15 dollars to buy a set of 6 full sized figures, but it will costs people 15 for a set of mini ones. If not for club free shipping, I wouldn't go near these.

beaker

Reaction score
As much as a Sprockets or Uncle Matt Comics Spain/Schleich has gone for $100+, if they had produced in low quanities a detailed 5" Doglion pvc itd probbaly go for $500 on ebay. These are not even pvc's in my opinion...but
"inaction" figures...which is somewhere between a pvc and an action figure.

As a rabid collector Im happy to pay $8(with NO shipping tho) so I can see how it could get pricey...most likely only the most hardcore collectors will buy these, which sucks...as we ALL want to see that glorious Electric Mayhem set.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I can't see how sales will be so bad that we won't get the EM set that is fully sculpted and shown. Then again, they did sculpt and show the Ren and Stimpy PVC scenes and those are not being made....darn. I really want that Rowlf and Janice PVC. They are really a great improvement over the action figure versions.

beaker

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
I can't see how sales will be so bad that we won't get the EM set that is fully sculpted and shown. Then again, they did sculpt and show the Ren and Stimpy PVC scenes and those are not being made....darn. I really want that Rowlf and Janice PVC. They are really a great improvement over the action figure versions.
I know...I can honestly say I think some of these pvcs blow away the 6" figure likenesses. I mean that Rowlf is just beautiful, and the mini Janice. man.
Palisades put out a condition...pretty much saying the only way these are coming out for online sale this holiday season is if series 3 sells well.

I can understand why they went online only...most of the pvc sets in retail stores seemed to end up in the discount bin early...plus it makes these more rare.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Kermit also totally blows the figure away. It looks perfect in picures and if the paint is good, it will be perfect in person. Chef is really good too and I love that little chicken and the spoon (while big for mini chef) will look great with one of the CHef action figures.

Scooter is the only one in this set of minis that is kind of a stinker. He still has an open jacket hen it was always close. The likeness isn't very good. The glasses are way too big because they can't make them the right size in this scale. The skate board thing might have worked at retail (skate boaring is popular) but now that only real muppet fans will even consider buying these I think the pose is a big mistake. I predict hat Scooter will sell poorly, but then again crazy collectors need complete sets of everything so who knows?

beaker

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Kermit also totally blows the figure away. It looks perfect in picures and if the paint is good, it will be perfect in person. Chef is really good too and I love that little chicken and the spoon (while big for mini chef) will look great with one of the CHef action figures.

Scooter is the only one in this set of minis that is kind of a stinker. He still has an open jacket hen it was always close. The likeness isn't very good. The glasses are way too big because they can't make them the right size in this scale. The skate board thing might have worked at retail (skate boaring is popular) but now that only real muppet fans will even consider buying these I think the pose is a big mistake. I predict hat Scooter will sell poorly, but then again crazy collectors need complete sets of everything so who knows?
Well, Ive been a diehard Muppet collector since about 1981(Im not old, I swear!), so I have plenty of Scooter...Im much more into non main 5 characters, so Doglion Bunsen Beaker and Chef are the ones Im getting.
But yeah, with any luck sales shall justify Electric Mayhem...let's hope!

beaker

Reaction score
Just got my order in today. Wow...finally...finally my wish of Palisades pulling a "Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars POTF" line has begun to take shape. Seeing the mini muppets in individual packing is just so cool. Please please Palisades, continue this line...the possibilities of obscure characters are endless. Only make 300 of an item at $30 a piece, I wouldnt think twice to order one. I myself will pay whatever to have these. You are making mine and everyone elses lifelong dreams a reality. I cannot wait for the rest of wave 3, and SERIOUSLY cannot wait for the Electric Mayhem set...that just looks incredible, and I hope they get made. So yes folks, order up!

WiGgY

Reaction score
They seem to be arrving soon. I hope I get them monday. It took like 20 days for Super Beaker. I don't want to wait that long for these minis. Kermit is way too cool to wait.

Are the pupils curved down or straight?