Miss Piggy & Kermit Strike Back at Fox News

zoebell

Reaction score
they can't really do that without looking worse. piggy set it up perfectly by saying if they listen to what she says they got real big problems. they can't respond seriously or they look like idiots

Drtooth

Reaction score
they can't really do that without looking worse. piggy set it up perfectly by saying if they listen to what she says they got real big problems. they can't respond seriously or they look like idiots

They're Fox. They have no problem slinging allegations that anything and everything is brainwashing kids, but once someone tries to snipe them back, they start crying like they're the injured party.

I see no difference between Fox news and a school yard bully. I LOVES to call people names, push them around, and look like a BIIIIIG man, but when someone sticks up for themselves, they cry and whine and try to look like the victims.

I will say it's just become SOOO pathetic that the ones tossing the bombs accuse everyone else of class warfare to the point where you can't have a villain in a movie who's also rich... EVEN if it was a trope going back to the silent film era.

Seriously... there's gotta be something better for conservatives to listen to... like Ben Stein. At least he doesn't come off like an oily, sanctimonious jackwagon.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Sorry gang (and you do rather sound like a gang)--I was not all all impressed with this whole debacle.

The Fox News review was dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It missed on several significant points--first and foremost, that The Muppets is NOT just for children. But Fox's dumb review (did I mention it was dumb?) was NOT an excuse for the muppets to come out and make a political stand. It is hard to argue that the muppets don't have a political agenda when Kermit and Piggy are so obviously taking sides with whoever is on the opposite side of Fox News. I am ashamed of their behavior, and by it. I don't think for a moment that you'd catch Jim out there taking a large political swipe while claiming to be non-partisan. We were better than that once.

The review was lame-o from the get-go. It was stupid and irrelevant. But Fox News did at least have the courtesy to invite "the other side" (also lame-o) on to present their agenda. Both sides should be flogged for even participating in the stupid debate, but Fox did what they say they do--they actually presented their side and then let someone from the opposite side come on the show and present their opinions. (What was that? Fox News actually did what they said they would do? Call the other news agencies so no one can report on it!) Didn’t somebody say something about a “bully pulpit”? Doesn’t inviting the other side on to give their view sort of undermine that whole “bully” concept, or has the definition of bullying changed? And the other side didn’t think the debate was too stupid to take up the charge and start swinging, either. Honestly—can no one think any more?

Like it or not—agree with it or not—Fox News is watched by more people than any other network. Period. That’s not someone’s opinion. It’s a fact. And there seems to be a lot of whining about the fact that their successful at what they do, and popular for doing it. (Which was, ironically, what the stupid Fox News report accused the muppets of doing—surely you aren’t trying to prove them right?) Here’s a new flash: They don’t need your opinion or your approval to be successful or popular. These, too, are facts that can be supported with, oh, evidence instead of feelings. When, oh WHEN did feelings about things become more important than knowledge about things, and when did how someone felt about the news make it more or less true or documentable. I’ve yet to see a breaking scandal on another network that said Fox News got their facts wrong, but there is plenty of complaining about how mean they are. Good grief—grow up already. I just insisted that muppet fans are not all children and you’re making us look bad!

When Kermit and Piggy moved from defense of their movie (This is where they should have said, “Well, gosh, no-we weren’t saying ALL oil tycoons are bad—just the ones who are trying to tear down our theater by lying and cheating.) to defense of a political position (“Fox news isn’t really news because we don’t agree with it.”) then they crossed a line that I would have thought good sense would tell them not to cross.

Sheesh!

zoebell

Reaction score
i disagree. fox is not a news network, it's a propaganda channel set up by roger ailes to promote conservative causes and should be called out as often as possible. it's a joke and what piggy said was brilliant

and by the way, quality is not determined by how popular something is. the transformers movies were very popular- they are also garbage. jersey shore and the kardashians are popular- they are also crap.

fox's ratings just tell you there a lot of old, angry white people out there who want their biases reinforced on a daily basis, with lies and misinformation. sorry, but it's true.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Please back up your opinions with facts, not feelings. It's not enough for you to say Fox lies and presents misinformation--you actually have to have something (like a fact) to base that on instead of just saying it because you feel it. "Sorry, but it's true?" Really? That's your factual argument? Put your facts where your feelings are.

I did not say that Fox News was quality because it was popular. I said that, like it or not, it was popular and successful. Goodness, now--we wouldn't want to go and be angry at people for being successful, would we? That would make it sound like it was success that made them disliked.

And I wouldn't call Piggy's comments "brilliant" unless she had something factual to base them on. Besides feelings.

zoebell

Reaction score
just ONE fact? wow.

please don't tell me you actually watch that network. if you're an actual fan of fox, that kind of ends all hope of rational exchange right there.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Still can't come up with any facts? How embarrassing for the "rational" exchange you seem to be proposing. This is where you either show that you have something to go on or admit you are flapping in the wind with only your "feelings" to keep you warm.

I did not declare myself either way, and my comments were FACTUALLY based. I could debate both sides of this argument (I may have to, the way this is going) and I could do it with facts.