1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Miss Piggy on Hollywood Squares May 12-16

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, May 12, 2003.

1. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Today I only saw the end again cause i was just getting out of classes. I LOVED the line Pamala Anderson said at then end credits when she was with miss Piggy!

She said something like "Hi! I'm Spammal Hamerson and this is Miss Piggy!" Then she said that she had to say that cause it was from The (a) Muppet Show. I thought that was GREAT!

Zack,

2. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

****** baseball…

:grouchy:

3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Piggy looked a lot better today with her longer hair. What's with her fashion line? Did I miss something? And who would buy clothing to look like Miss Piggy? LOL! :)

4. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

Screen grabs!

Please! I haven't the nerve to watch Piggy.

5. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Jamie,

Isnt a French designer making Piggy's clothes now ?

Gimme the times when Piggy would wear extravagant gowns and feather boa's anyday !

see ya

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yep. I noticed that "Muppet's Tonight" reference. Also, this might have just been on my local station, but before the show began they showed Pamela and Miss Piggy using that "Ham it up" line.
    That's what they should do if Muppets (or characters like ALF) don't get picked. They should just use them in those 'behind the scenes' things, so they'd at least get more air time. I have to admit, Piggy was on the show a lot last night. I especially liked when she was asked that question about who said that quote about farting: "Whoever was in this square last week!"

They did mention something about Miss Piggy fashions the first time she was picked. I'll have to listen for that again.

7. VC2020

VC2020 New Member

Jeremy Scott...The same guy Piggy mentioned at the Macys Parade..."It's a Jeremy Scott Coat. Thank You Jeremy." I wonder if this guy actually designs her clothes. I'll have to do some research.

8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

The line isn't in my signature anymore. I got "do you believe in bubbles?" off of a Blimpie cup.

Miss Piggy looked much better last night. My goodness, that pig can grow her hair out fast! :) :mad:

9. Daffyfan2003

That's alright. I still have Kermit's quote from when he was on the show in my signature. Lol.

10. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

I have seen piggy with the short wig before. It has been along time. I think it was from a film noir scene on TMS.

11. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I think Eric is doing a fantastic job with Piggy on Hollywood Squares. Last night Piggy was picked in each game and not always for the block. I didn't notice any huge differences, but did anyone notice that in the bio it says Piggy will be filiming 2 movies in the comming year? Did I miss something? Is there any more information on this?

12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

They still advertise the 25th anniversary of the Muppets like 2 years after it happened! So I don't think everything is up to date. I think it includes the Christmas special and is possibly speaking of the Fox pilot. Although, they could be speaking of a possible additional NBC special. Hope so.:)

13. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Few Comments:

-Eric is doing great, however, he did miss a few good opportunities for jokes. I'm still waiting for him to say to Mimi something like "There's no secret, we're the hottest on the show", something like that. ;)

- Piggy's hair and wardrobe are great, but her eyes have been too close and too big since "Xmas Movie". They definitley need to do something there.

-I really wanna see Piggy on "Behind the Squares"! I hope they show her!

-These guys gotta start pickin' Piggy more often! She's the only good part of the show!

14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yeah, they keep showin' that stupid hugging "maraca shaking" scene between all the others. :rolleyes:

15. Stulz

Stulz Active Member

Wrong Muppet Answer

Anyone else notice that in Wed.'s ep. during the lightning round - or whatever they call it - The Piggy question was "Danced Swine Lake with Rudolph Nureav" The contestant answered "No" which is IS CORRECT! but Tom Bergereon said incorrect.... It's incorrect because, while a female Muppet pig DID indeed dance with Nureav, and was originally supposed to be Miss Piggy, it was not.

I'm just glad the guy picked the right key. If he lost the car because of an error on Hollywood Squares' part. I bet he'd be P-O'd!
    :mad:

16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I noticed. I didn't like the guy who won. He passed over Miss Piggy! :mad:

I think I finally figured out why people don't pick the Muppets. It's harder to tell when they are bluffing. They don't have any facial "tells" when they bluff the answers and it's hard for contestants fo figure out whether or not to trust them.

By the way, are the Hilton sisters just kidding about all of their self-absorbed behavior or are they really like that?

17. Daffyfan2003

Re: Wrong Muppet Answer

I've noticed that too. I have the Rudolf Nureyev ep, and I know that wasn't Miss Piggy that he danced with. Maybe they should have been more specific with that question.

Yeah, they should at least have Miss Piggy participate in that. I'm guessing since they show their full bodies, they'd probably have to have Eric come down and hold her up to do that which wouldn't look right.

Nothing too exciting on last night's show, other than her joke about the French being rude. By the way, for anybody who watches the show this morning, I'm not going to be home to watch it this evening, so can somebody let me know if there's anything on the show worth taping? Thanks.

18. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh my gosh i was sreaming when they said the guy was incorrect! doh! yeah luckly he still won, i bet we all could have e-mailed Hollwood squares to tell them they made a mistake! It was just an ugly pig he danced with!

I think Eric is doing a great job! I love the "i maybe blonde but i do read you know?" LOL! It is ture that they are making aCar that will run on water too, but i guess the question might have been diffrent pior to that answer.

Zack

19. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

There are cars the run on everything lately. And I did notice that Swine Lake question was incorrect. Luckily he still won anyway, but if he didn't and it was due to getting that Piggy question wrong, the muppets could have been stuck in dome bad PR there.

About the Hilton sisters, they really are like that. I'm not sure why they are even on the show. One tried to make a joke last night, and no one laughed at all. I'm talking dead silence. Serves them right. One was on her cell phone the other day while taping!

And Jamie, that makes perfect sense about why people don't pick the muppets. There is no tell. I mean, try playing poker with someone who can stay abolutly still if they wanted to with out saying a word or moving. I wouldn't play with someone if there was no way to tell when they were bluffing.

BTW, I'm hoping for the day that Piggy, or Kermit, is the Square that can win either player the game and they go back and forth getting the question wrong like what happened with Gilbert Godfrey (sp?) on that bloopers show. Forcing the contestants to pick the muppets 6 times in a row should equal out the universe. :D

20. Daffyfan2003

That's a good point. I never thought of it that way. I wish the contestants would take into consideration the people that mainly watch the show to see the Muppets. (Actually, I watch the show all the time anyway, but you know what I mean) Heck, if I were on the show, I would have started right off with the pig.