1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Miss Piggy on Hollywood Squares May 12-16

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, May 12, 2003.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Not only would I pick the "Muppet square" becuase of the Muppets, but, it's also good strategy. You start with the corner square, then go for the middle square (or vice versa), then go for the square above the center square. That way, you have 3 ways of winning. (I know, I'm not accounting for what the other person could do, but, if they go for the block on the first one, that still gives you 2 ways of winning, guaranteeing a win for you.)

2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Wow you should go on that show. :D

3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

This is what I'm saying.

Actually, I'm not that good at trivia (unless it's Muppet-related), so I doubt if I'd be any good on the show.

The only reason I actually know that strategy is because I've been beaten with it so many times. Now, since I learned it, most of the tic tac toe games I play end up a draw.

4. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

they said today on hs the first time they picked her that she was filming 2 tv movies in 2004 and she shook her head yes

5. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

shook her head yes or nodded her head yes? If she shook her head, and said yes, I will be very confused and upset. Aslo, why hasn't there been any news on these 2 movies if they are indeed planned?

6. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

nodded her head

7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know it is strategical to start with the center square and go around a different way, which is why the Muppets rarely get picked. But again, there are thousands of people who tune in just to see the Muppets. It seems that the contestants only care about winning. That wouldn't matter to me if I was on the show. Well, I guess maybe it would because I need to make some more money, but you know what I mean.

So, that is true. I'm looking forward to that. What did they ask her? I missed last night's show.

8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I don't even remember. I think I got too excited from hearing them SAY there were 2 tv movies being filmed for 2004. I jumped around, I think I screamed.

9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

someone must have some information about these movies somewhere. And do you think it was Eric answering yes to the question or Miss Piggy. That may sound weird, but if it may be a muppet movie not using the muppet show muppets.

10. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I guess I'll have to wait for the rerun. I asked several times about what I missed and still haven't gotten a response. Darn you, Scooter! Pay attention! I'm only kidding. That's okay. I'm looking forward to her two movies.

12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Sorry!:)

I'll check the episode again later and post... probably won't get on here until Sunday. Anyway, if no one posts until then, I have it on tape, if you'd like it.

E-mail me. Click the e-mail button below.

13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I get what your saying...but I bet the question was to Piggy, cause the show did now have Eric on it....it had Piggy....and I would bet most of the public still thinks Frank does Piggy...cause they aren't up on Muppet news, like we are;) if they even knew Frank was Piggy.....but did this make sense

Sarah

superscoot, you should make sure your e-mail is not full before you hand it out left and right:zany:

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Entertainment Weekly gave kudos to Frank Oz for his work in their review of the Christmas special. LOL! Thought that was funny and quite a compliment to Eric. :o

15. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah...that's one of the best compliments he can get!

Sarah

16. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Piggy looked really cute! The bangs were precious....

I only caught one episode but I give her kudos ...it was precious....

17. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I don't know if it's just my station, or if it's all week, but an episode of Blonde's Have More Fun Week was on today (hopefully it's the whole week!) since I missed the first run, this is great news! It was the one with Piggy wearing the almost oriental style dress. Her hair was ADORABLE! I do notice the difference in the puppet, a little odd, but it's ok.

so tune in tomorrow and cross your fingers!

18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting Sarah. I think we missed the last episode in our area, so hopefully we can get it this week.

19. Natalie

Natalie New Member

I'm pretty sure "Blondes Have More Fun" is on all week, I've watched two already. Right up our alley ay Sarah? ;)
    Miss Piggy has had some funnier comments than most of the ladies. And in the intro her hair is straight but on the show I've seen it curly.

20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yes! up our alley!

I think they're re-running the week with kermit next week!