Miss Piggy on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

MWoO

Reaction score
The fat joke stuff isn't recent at all. Remember the pigs in space episode where she threw off the ship's balance? Or the episode where Kermit cancels her number and she goes on a diet? Or in Muppets Take Manhattan where she says something like "oh dear lord not jogging"? It's not new at all.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's true :smile: I guess what I mean is overall her character was not limited to "Man, she's fat!" It really all depends on the kind of writing. Some jokes are funny, and some are just mean.

It's hard to describe but there's a difference between Mark Hamill saying "The evil fiend must feed his prisoners well" and the things Craig Ferguson said.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Your point being...?

Remember guys, Piggy may be a movie star and a diva, but first, she is a pig. She's always had, always will have,a weight problem, but she is comfortable with that. She's a great role-model when it comes to showing that a woman doesn't have to be 'la skinnie' to have star power. The whole point of Piggy is that her presence outweighs (small pun) her appearance. And I think in this appearance, her presence was exactly as it should be.

When she went down five size to her skinny-model look a few years back, I had to cringe...it just wasn't her. The blonde bangs don't work, the thin figure doesn't work. Bring back the Piggy we loved.
Hear, hear! **raises her glass at Beau's words**

Lord knows there is way too much emphasis on people's weight in the media. Too fat, too skinny, it's ridiculous! And even poor Miss Piggy can't escape that criticism. She should be proud that she is brave enough to be her big beautiful self and not even flinch when people mention it!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, her the joke use to be a little more subtle like the writers were just have fun with it, not to be mean spirited or anything. But There we're more pig jokes then there we're fat jokes and many of then were not made directly to her face, LOL!

Applauds beau!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This is finally up on YouTube, guys, in two parts.

Hiiii-yah!

This is my favorite Muppet appearance on a talk show next to Grover on Kimmel.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't actually watch the video before posting the link. It looks/sounds awful. Which is what happens when you point your camera at the TV screen and record.

Sigh...

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, her the joke use to be a little more subtle like the writers were just have fun with it, not to be mean spirited or anything. But There we're more pig jokes then there we're fat jokes and many of then were not made directly to her face, LOL!

Applauds beau!
On TMS she exercised while watching a show that called it's viewers fatties. How subtle is that?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, you got me there.:big_grin: But it wasn't her friends calling her that. They know better.:eek:

It was more of a private matter going on with her and not just something that was used solely as a joke.