1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Miss Piggy Tonner Fashion Doll

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetperson, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

That website is cheaper, the same price for First Mate Piggy, $136, but My Fair Piggy is only $191.00, thats a much better price! The outfits are cheaper too, $85, and the wigs are $25?

Does anyone know, if you buy a dressed doll, such as My Fair Piggy or First Mate, do the wigs still come off to use the other wigs and outfits or do you HAVE to buy the basic to use them?

Chris
  2. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I would assume the wigs come off, but I can let you know in a few days, when I get her in the mail.
  3. I got I my Miss Piggy doll today!
  4. Kermieuk

Can we see pics? Whats the packaging like?

Chris
  5. She comes tied to the inside of her box with three ribbons one around her neck, waist and ankles. There's a thin soft pice styrofoam placed the front of her dress that the waist ribbon was tied over. Her wig was already on her head (There's are two pieces of velcro on the back of her head and other on the inside of her wig that help it stay on) She a hair net over the wig. Her gloves, shoes and pearls each come in their clear bag stapled to the inside of the box. With tissue papers covering her.

Her dress is a bit darker then in the pictures of her. I showed her to my sister and she said "Was Miss Piggy always that sexy?"
  6. Kermieuk

7. Yes that's the one I have. I do have one complaint though, I wish the doll had come with a doll stand, but other than that I just love her!
  8. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Piggy Pics ARE HERE!

I just received Piggy and she is absolutely beautiful. I have attached three pictures. One picture is of the box, the next is a pic of a close up of the logo and the last is Piggy herself. To be honest, she looks more like her Muppet Caper days...Love this collectible of her. Tonner has really done her justice! The only thing I am disappointed about is there is no doll stand included and I will have to buy one for her.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00001.jpg

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00002.jpg

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00003.jpg

Yay for Piggy! I absolutely love her.
  9. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

This would have to be the first time that we get to see a representation of Miss Piggy with her bare hands.I wonder if her shoes come off and we get to see if she has hoof toes or a human stylised feet.There hasnt been much photographic reference, and I think there was 2 styles how they did her feet.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The pig has always had normal flesh colored feet instead of hooves. Remember the glass slippers she wore in Muppet Caper? However, I do not believe the puppet has toes. I don't think there's any official Muppet reference that portrays Miss Piggy with hooves, but in the 70s there were a lot of poor licensor reference drawings. Hope that helps. :)
  11. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Muppetperson, her shoes do come off and she does not have any toes, its just round, no hooves. She is a gorgeous representation of Piggy as you can tell in the picture I posted. I am very happy with her. She also comes with matching panties...by the way.
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

To those who have received their Piggy dolls and have taken/posted pics, I heartily recommend you write a review with more pics attached and submit it for article consideration. Send it to theprawncracker and title it "MC Writers' Guild: Miss Piggy Tonner Doll Review."

Hope this helps.
    *Small plug.
  13. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Hello, The Count. I will definitly try to do this this weekend. I have a wedding to go to, so that write up might be ready by Sunday....Monday the latest. And I will take more pics for you guys from all angles and close ups. She is adorable and can't wait to get started on writing the review.:o
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. There's no deadline, so if you have previous engagements, that's perfectly understandable. Just hope you have a good day.
  15. Kermieuk

Looking Good.

I always imagine her feet to be just rounded, human shape, but no toes. And no hooves!

Just dainty, glamorous, perfectly rounded tootsies.

Anyway! I am hoping to hold off until First Mate Piggy is released, a real dilema now, I was gonna get My Fair Piggy, then when I seen FMP I just had to get that one, I cant afford to get both...................or can I?

Id love my fair Piggy, but I think first mate wins!

I also like the basic one, but I dont like the outfits for her, wigs are good though!

I have also just found this photo, dont think its been shown on here yet? Its a piccy of Piggy takes Manhattan doll, her outfit looks a lot more red than on the official pics, almost looks Christmassy.................only 5 months away! hehe

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/misspiggytonner.jpg

Chris
  16. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I remember someone posted here about Miss Piggy's feet details because they wanted to make a sculpture and it was brought up which way they should go and I think there was 2 different references.It might have been something about toes.I am not sure now, but it might have something to do with the Hawaiian pin up photo and another reference photo.But the feet were different somehow.
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It wasn't hooves. :p Maybe some reference has toes, but usually it doesn't. The official guides from Henson and Disney that have been used for over a decade have solid pink toeless feet like the Tonner doll.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This really isn't what I'm into by a long shot... but that First Mate Piggy is too hard to resist.
  19. John Takis

John Takis New Member