Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Greetings everybody. I was just thinking about the muppet cast and remembered how occasionally a muppet monster would eat another character. It used to scare me when I was a very young child.:eek:
But looking back over it I believe the muppets really were one big happy family at heart made up of talking animals, anthropomorphic humans and monsters. Yes even the monster characters were a part of the family and they really were only having a game when they ate somebody.:smirk:

Think about it, on the season one dvd we saw how Gorgon Heap ate some characters, Miss Piggy, Baskerville, Wayne. But despite being eaten alive they nevertheless lived to appear in further episodes.
And I seem to recall in a season five episode Piggy was eaten again by a different monster, Big Mama. And we saw her actually stick her head out of Mama's mouth and speak to Gonzo. So it seems obvious enough to me that the monsters never hurt anyone at all when they swallowed them.
It's really very funny isn't it?:smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I have always loved when the monsters attack or eat some one it just is always so funny to me because I know it's not real and it's very unexpected because one moment they are very polite then the next mmmughhpgh! lol

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I agree with you, TheJimHensonHour! I wonder if animal ever ate or attacked anyone! Now that'd be really funny!

zns

Reaction score
Of all the special effects I've seen on the Muppets, it's the explosions and characters that get eatten by monsters that are the best. The stuff that Jim came up with was just phenominal. They have a clip montage of some of these moments in The Muppets a Celebration of Thirty Years special, and it's one of the best montages I've ever seen before in my life.:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
tutter_fan said:
I agree with you, TheJimHensonHour! I wonder if animal ever ate or attacked anyone! Now that'd be really funny!
I doubt he's ever actually eaten anyone tutter fan. But he has attacked Kermit sometimes definitely and an occasional guest star.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I doubt he's ever actually eaten anyone tutter fan. But he has attacked Kermit sometimes definitely and an occasional guest star.
yea and hit on the ladies hehe then they clobber him on the head...I wonder if frank oz ever got hurt during that...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
yea and hit on the ladies hehe then they clobber him on the head...I wonder if frank oz ever got hurt during that...
I hope not, but it is funny when animal gets whacked on the head:halo: