Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

Saironi

Reaction score
Shakey walks offstage after being eaten, which makes me think Behemoth got tired of his "ham" dinner.

Gorgon actually said "Excuse me, Miss" before crunching down on Piggy, which makes me think he may have shown some regret for what he was about to do. Maybe it was in the script for him to, and just threw in devouring Baskerville as a twist for the plot. He also seemed frightened when Lord Barnabe sneezed and backed away, as if not even HE would go near it. Anyone else see that?

Saironi

Reaction score
I also noticed in the end of the Vet's Hospital Skit in "Candice Bergen", Behemoth closes his jaws on Rowlf. Either he wanted to eat Rowlf or is was biting him as payback for hitting his stomach with a mallet. Which seems more likely?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's all very interesting to debate Saironi. The Sherlock Holmes sketch may have been scripted but the panel discussion in Vincent Price and Wayne and Wanda in Avery Screiber seem more like different ball games.

And whatever you make of Behemoth and Rowlf in that Vet's Hospital Kermit was obviously eaten off camera by Behemoth as part of the gag for his "frog in the throat":crazy:
Obviously Kermit didn't know they'd planned it though because he's very angry when he pokes his head out saying "Very funny. Just see if this dumb doctor sketch is ever featured on the show again":mad: Froggie didn't like being eaten for a sketch joke:big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Obviously Kermit didn't know they'd planned it though because he's very angry when he pokes his head out saying "Very funny. Just see if this dumb doctor sketch is ever featured on the show again":mad: Froggie didn't like being eaten for a sketch joke:big_grin:
I wonder if Kermit was hurt very badly when Dr. Bob hit behemoth in the stomache with a hammer (assuming Kermit did feel it).

It would be weird if Miss Piggy let them allow Behemoth eat Kermit for the sketch in that episode, considering that in the next backstage scene she came to kermit's defense and karate chopped Fozzie for dumping flower on kermit.

Saironi

Reaction score
minor muppetz It would be weird if Miss Piggy let them allow Behemoth eat Kermit for the sketch in that episode said:
Of course. Behemoth is a monster, and Piggy seemed scared during the Sherlock sketch, maybe knowing what would happen to her character.

Saironi

Reaction score
I think Piggy was a bit mortified when Kermit popped up because as the ending music plays, she covers her eyes and shakes her head. Maybe she was ashamed she'd let it happen to her love.

Also, she doesn't seem comfortable around monsters;

In the Sherlock sketch, she looks over her shoulder at Gorgan as if he may sneak up on her and was trembling during the whole sketch until she got eaten.

Then in Candice Bergan, she gets chased around by Monster Whatnots that seem like they want to either kill her or eat her.

Can you blame her for letting Behemoth have his own way?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So is that why Rowlf was so cool and calm all the time? Because he knew that unlike Piggy and Baskerville his character would not be swallowed?

BTW Saironi if you check out minor muppetz TMS fan fic outlines one of them I think it guest stara Bill Daly has Piggy karate chop Gorgon and some other monsters for being pests. Then when Gorgon eats her after being chopped she chops him again from the inside. LOL

Saironi

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
So is that why Rowlf was so cool and calm all the time? Because he knew that unlike Piggy and Baskerville his character would not be swallowed?
I don't think he was calm all the time; he does a double take when Baskerville gets grabbed and his jaw trembles while Gorgon's chewing his lil buddy up.

Gorgon Heap: Mm. Tough.
Rowlf: Hmm....

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
True but he certainly didn't allow himself to panic up so to speak. He did retain his outer composure

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow, never actually thought of those skits in that light. Cool.

I always thought it was out-of-character for Piggy to act so scared in that Sherlock Holmes sketch. But as you've all said in one way or another, perhaps she truely WAS scared!