Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I doubt he's ever actually eaten anyone tutter fan. But he has attacked Kermit sometimes definitely and an occasional guest star.
Animal started to eat Piggy's dog Foo Foo in the Michelle Pfeiffer episode of Muppets Tonight. Michelle and Piggy were fighting while both trying to do the same scene. Piggy sicked Foo Foo on Michelle so she sicked Animal on Foo Foo. (And thus got Animal to stop chasing her around as well)

Animal: Michelle! Michelle! Michelle!
Michelle: No not me! The dog get the dog!
Animal: Ah! Dog! Dog! Dog! Dinner!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
Animal started to eat Piggy's dog Foo Foo in the Michelle Pfeiffer episode of Muppets Tonight. Michelle and Piggy were fighting while both trying to do the same scene. Piggy sicked Foo Foo on Michelle so she sicked Animal on Foo Foo. (And thus got Animal to stop chasing her around as well)

one of my favorite moments of the show indeed!:excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:

Fair enough. But Foo Foo was thrown off the studio floor by Animal and landed over a railing. So he never actually ate the dog in the end.(unless you like to think to yourself that he swallowed Foo Foo completely off camera and then vomited him or her , I'm not sure, up spewing the poor thing over that railing also off camera. ):wink: :crazy:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread up Dave in case you want to look at it next time you're online buddy.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i always liked the scene where Shakey Sanchex got eaten during the Under My Skin Song

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I wonder what made them eat certain characters and not others.

In "Pigs in Space" on the Carol Burnett episode, watch Big Mama's eyes at the beginning of the sketch. The character looks pleased at the sight of Piggy and displeased at the sight of Link and Strangepork.

In the Sherlock Holmes sketch, Fielding AKA Gorgon ate the maid, Piggy, because her testimony was evidence. It's kinda weird if you think about it, because their characters were co-workers in the Bottomly manor.

On that same sketch, I don't get why he eats Watson/Baskerville- he's already eaten the evidence against himself, he could've just let Watson take the wrap. If you look closely, though, you can see him looking over both Sherlock Holmes/Rowlf and Watson/Baskerville, like he's deciding which of them to eat. I imagine it would've been technically more difficult to have a larger character get eaten as opposed to a small one.

On a side note, that freaked me out when Gorgon ate Baskerville- I always for some reason thought that cute furry animals and mustachioed men were exempt from being eaten. For the longest time I thought that women were exempt too, until I saw the sketches in which Piggy was eaten.

I also wondered why when Gorgon Heap ate Wayne he didn't eat Wanda as well. It could just be her dress, but she looks more plump than Wayne, and I dunno, I figured she'd be more appealing than him. Of course, Wayne's hammy hubris and love of the sound of his own voice probably clouded his awareness of what was going on around him, thus making him easier to catch- notice how he keeps singing even after his head is in Gorgon's mouth. Wanda didn't seem to have quite the ego that Wayne had- just the snobbery. I saw this sketch years ago, in the "Rowlf's Rhapsodies" home video, and thought that maybe the sketch cut before Gorgon ate Wanda. I imagined it going something like this:

Wanda: (crying) "Now I'll never see him again!"
Gorgon: "Oh, no, that can be arranged."
Wanda: "You mean, you can bring him back out?"
Gorgon: "No- put you in! OWM! AWP!"
Wanda: "Aaaaaahhh!!!!"

But no, it just cuts to Vet's Hospital. And it stands to reason that once they used the eating gag in a Wayne & Wanda sketch they couldn't re-use it. Perhaps if they'd lasted longer, i.e. if Eren Ozker hadn't left the show, they would've gotten back around to having a monster eat Wanda.

It's kind of ironic, really, given the fact that she looks like one of those weak, innocent heroines-victims from an early melodrama, the kind of damsel in distress whom Uncle Deadly or others of his ilk would tie to the railroad tracks, dangle from a cliff, or suspend over a pit of crocodiles. They did do this in Season Three, with Deadly, and Wayne, who also fits the prototype of the old melodrama hero, but with Piggy instead of Wanda, playing at least the one sketch off of Piggy's aggressive personality being an ill fit to her part. Perhaps if they had done something like this in late season one. Hmm, that gives me a fanfic idea...

Any comments on the above?

Btw Martin, thanks for the tip-off about your thread.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can easily agree with your views on Gorgon Heap in season one Dave.
During the panel discussion it seemed like he just wanted to eat everything and everyone he could although Vincent seemed pretty confident that he was exempt unlike Tim Conway in your fan fic. But in his other two appearances he seemed to pick and choose who to eat and who to leave behind. Though when the "corpse" sneezes it seems almost like he was about to pounce on Rowlf but is distracted with amazement

Oh and you're welcome Dave my friend

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Though when the "corpse" sneezes it seems almost like he was about to pounce on Rowlf but is distracted with amazement
That's what I thought, too. He has his hand on Rowlf's back at that moment, presumably showing him to the door but I don't think butlers lead people to the door bodily, so coupled with what came before, that's what it looks like to me as well.

I have a tough time imagining Rowlf getting eaten, maybe it's b/c of his laid-back, typically unfrazzled character.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I have a tough time imagining Rowlf getting eaten, maybe it's b/c of his laid-back, typically unfrazzled character.

Rowlf certainly was laid back in that sketch Dave. Even if he had honestly missed observing Piggy's fate he undoubtedly did notice Baskerville's.
Yet Rowlf showed no obvious signs of intimidation thinking that he could possibly be next on the menu

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have always liked the scenes where muppes get eaten by mionsters. For some reason I've never been scared of those moments. Some of my favorite Muppet memories from my childhood are of Behemoth eating Shakey Shanchez while singing Under My Skin (which led me to beleive that you could still be alive if eaten by a monster.... and it kinda made me want to get eaten by Behemoth), Gorgon Heap attempting to eat Kermit, and Gorgon Heap eating Wayne.