Most evil Muppet movie villain?

Who's the most evil Muppet movie villain?

• Doc Hopper

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Nicky Holiday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ebeneezer Scrooge

• Long John Silver

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • K. Edgar Singer

• Rachel Bitterman

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • The Wicked Witch of the West

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tex Richman

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Interesting question! Definitely not Nicky Holiday since he does have feelings for Piggy despite his sleaziness, lol.
He just used her. He has members of his own species to fool around with. Come on... like he totally wasn't with any of those girls that were swiping the baseball Diamond.

But I'm going with Doc Hopper ONLY because he's the only villain that was seeing to kill one of the Muppets. Singer was similar in intent, but considering he's a government agent, even though what he was doing was for his own ego, he thought it was the right thing.

Similarly, there's also (while it doesn't count here) Miss Finch. She wasn't evil, she wasn't out to destroy Big Bird... she felt that what she was doing to him, putting him up with a standard family of his own kind (more or less), was the right thing to do. While Singer's interest in discovering aliens was part ego (going back to the fact that no one ever took him seriously), it was also due to him thinking he was doing the right thing. I really want to see more Muppet movies where they have an antagonist rather than a villain.

A villain is always evil. An antagonist doesn't have to be. Candice of Phineas and Ferb, Inspector Zenegata of Lupin III... not evil at all, but they cause some sort of aggression against their respective shows' protagonists.

Do you really count Scrooge as a villian?
He's sorta evil but he's not really a villian.
Scrooge is his own villain... his own worst enemy. Muppet or no Muppet, A Christmas Carol was all about what greed and the pursuit of wealth can do to even the nicest of people. Sure, he had some past emotional baggage too (that wasn't in this version of the story, or at least not stressed) as well... but his problems were mostly with the price of success. He then finds redemption in the end.

Beauregard

Reaction score
He did use her, but he also didn't want Piggy to hate him. He's just one of those charming rascals that's never going to change.
Yes, but did you see how SCARED Piggy was of him in the changing room scene? That alone made me really dislike him. He didn't know when to stop, at all.

For me, it's always been Rachel Bitterman because she actually managed to make Kermit stop believing...none of the others really got under his skin the way that she did. Besides, when she tells Fozzie that he smells like a burnt couch, THAT'S evil.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, but did you see how SCARED Piggy was of him in the changing room scene? That alone made me really dislike him. He didn't know when to stop, at all.
Look I'm not saying I'd marry the guy, lol, I agree he's pretty frightening at times. I'm just saying I think this is pretty much the first time he's actually has feelings for someone but he's just too sleazy a guy to follow through.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Look I'm not saying I'd marry the guy, lol, I agree he's pretty frightening at times. I'm just saying I think this is pretty much the first time he's actually has feelings for someone but he's just too sleazy a guy to follow through.
Oh no, yes, I agree with you that he has feeling for her! But that doesn't make him less evil as a villian in my opinion... The movie does a good job of pitting his way of reacting to being in love with here against Kermit's way of reacting to being in love with her.

The Muppet villains have always illuminated an exaggerated aspect of the Muppets own personalities. Doc Hopper had a dream, Martin Price wanted to put on a show...etc...they just did it wrongly.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Doc Hopper all the way he tried to kill Kermit out of his own greed!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
See for me, I can't vote for Scrooge, Long John or the Wicked Witch of the West, simply because they're not "original" in the Muppet worlds. Sure if we were talking about Disney villains, the same arguement could be made, but Disney has a way of making those villains original, if that makes any sense, :confused:.

K. Edgar Singer was much too silly to take as a serious "evil villain" even if was wanting to cause harm to Gonzo. Nicky Hoilday was a threat for sorts for Miss. Piggy, but not so much as the Muppets to a whole, since he just wanted to steal the Baseball diamond.

So for me I'm thinking between Doc Hopper, Rachel Bittermen, or Tex Richman. All were acted and did what they did out of greed, so it's hard to really make a choice between those three. It's a hard choice, but I think I'm going with Doc Hopper, cause he did hire someone to cause harm to Kermit if he didn't agree to be his mascot. Yeah Tex Richman wanted to own the Muppets studio and name which makes him pretty bad, but he didn't set out to harm a Muppet or possibly kill one.