Muppet Audition Tape: Talked to Kevin Clash!

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I made an audition tape for JHC, and I had some questions. And my Dad talked to Kevin Clash on the phone!

He asked him a few questions for me. But first, my dad said "If My son was on the phone right now, he'd have goose pimples!" LOL. Of course, Kevin just busted up laughing. He advised me to send in the tape, even though I'm too young (14). He said if I was good enough, He'd invite me to the next Muppet Workshop/ class to teah me some stuff. He (Kevin) said he wants people he can teach, not people who already know it. That is great for me, because I know how to do good lip synch, but I have porblems with cameras, and reading the script, etc. He also advised me to send another tape when I'm 18-19. He also told my dad he would most likley keep me on file if I'm good, so please cross your fingers for me!

If anybody is interested in seeing my audition tape, email me at ryan200012@netscape.net

Thanks guys! :big_grin:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Hey Ryan, that's great! :big_grin:

Very exciting! Let us know how it goes....

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah RYAN (great name!), congratulations!!! :big_grin: From phone conversations with Mary Costa, I kinda know how you feel! :wink:

Except I'm sure your dad was much more calm inside than I was, lol.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ryan,

Man thats great news !

Can you pass the adress that you are sending the tape along to, to me please ?

How did yuor Dad speak to Kevin Clash, Did he just call Sesame Workshop and ask for him ?

See ya

Beauregard

Reaction score
What kind of things did you put on the tape?

Was it your different puppet voices or imitations or what

Beauregard

Ryan

Reaction score
Warrick:
I'm sorry, still looking for the address. He called JHC in NY.

Beauregard
I'm still working on the tape. Here's what I put on it so far:
(All Lip Synch)
"Tap Your Troubles Away"- Gilda Radner, TMS 1978
"Everything Old Is New Again" - Anne Murray TMS 1979
"One Way"- Debbie Harry 1980
"The Way I've Got to Go"- Cotterpin, FR
"Why?" - Mokey, FR

BTW, I'm doing skits with MY voice tonight, I'll let you know how they turn out.

There'll all with my puppet, Candy (Full Name: Candice Lewellen Fortesque) made for me by Terry Angus.
You'll see her pic tomorrow on the new site! (that's a little innocent plug, there ) :wink:

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
WOAAHH! Can I get the # for JHC????
That is sooo cool! Your sooo lucky!

I'm the same way you are, too as in, I'm excellent with diction (or referred to lip-syncing) but I suck at scripts and I'm a little nervous sometimes in front of an audience..heehee. *sweatdrop*

Someday I'll get used to it! Sommmmdaaaay!

That is sooo cool! I mean, with lip-syncing to songs, that is sooo fun to do! I always put a song I know on, and sit in front of my mirror with one of my puppets and just amuse myself, LoL! I'm a nut!

BorkBork

Reaction score
Ryan, i wish you the best of luck! Hope ya make it there someday.

/Anders

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone! I apprieciate the feedback.

Fluff-may I call you Fluff? :stick_out_tongue:

I'm not sure if I'm able to post it in a public place. You can find out a lot of info by emailing or writing to Henson.